Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé (2004)
by Hermès

Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé information

Year of Launch2004

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé

Jean-Claude Ellena:

Amber, the Western expression of Eastern fragrances, has a warm, sensual, enveloping, almost carnal smell. I wanted to imbue this idea of amber with the memory of the East I love by recreating the ambiance of those lively places where tobacco – blended with the smells of fruit, honey and spices – is smoked in narguilés, or water pipes, and where swirls of smoke diffuse a sweet sense of intoxication.

Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé fragrance notes

Reviews of Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé

Very nice apple pie scent. it is great for fall and the colder months. It is inspired by hookah smoke, and when you get the mindset to smell the hookah then you really can appreciate the artistic touch behind this scent. JCE is a living legend and some will only realize this years from now. I was between this and buying Poivre in Paris. The ladies at Hermes kept telling me how "sexy" it smells on a man so I decided to get it, to be the ultimate reminder of my trip to Paris!
25th April, 2017
I decided to buy a full bottle just after spraying it once.

The opening is fruity and spicy. The amber and honey arrive very fast, followed by tobacco, cinnamon and apple. Every note is distinguishable, and mix up together beautifully. An addictive favorite. Try it.
13th April, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening serves the amber striaght up fromtnon my skin, a warm amber, laced with flavoured tobacco. This tobacco is soft and fruity, as if indeed stemming from the vapour of a water pipe. For a change, here the name describes the fragrance accurately.

Soon the drydown grows more complex: fruity tones, mainly gently spiced fried apple, mix with a honeyed almond, and cinnamon is added in too. The tobacco grows weaker with time.

Towards the base the fruity components grow weaker, as does the amber, and what remains is the almond-cinnamon gourmand side, still rich and lovely, and gradually waning.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and a great longevity of twelve hours.

This autumnal delight starts off emphasising the title notes, but with time morphs into a delicious gourmand too. Nothing extraordinary, but not without original twists, performing very well and based on good workmanship. 3.5/5.
09th January, 2017
a sweet, transparent, spicy gourmand.

ambre narguile is an amazing fragrance. i get honey, cinnamon, booze, gentle smokiness, tobacco and vanilla. it does remind me of warm apple pies. the smell is warm and transparent. never too thick or harsh even though it has honey. one of my all time favorites. gets compliments and performs very well.

9.0/10
10th November, 2016
This scent has the same effect on my mind as when I chew a piece of pink bubblegum. It really does hit me in the same way. It's a very pleasant experience.

Literally all I smell in this is an ambergris-like note. I don't smell the floral amber which is the officially listed note. It's quite similar to Orange Star by Tauer. If you subtracted all of the citrus notes from Orange Star, you'd have Ambre Narguile.

This one will easily last 10 hours and is very linear. The one and only downside to this one is price. $200+ is absolutely ridiculous and since this one isn't popular, it'll be very rare to find a discounted one.
08th July, 2016
This gets a neutral from me, as it seems to be of reasonable quality but without distinction, and truthfully, too much fruit for my taste.

I was reminded of a specific desert had at Christmas, but cannot recall the name. The desert is well-loved and tasty, but I would not enjoy wearing and smelling it for many hours.

Glad I finally had opportunity to get my sniffer on this "classic," though!
09th April, 2016