Crystal Noir (2004)

PerfumerAntoine Lie
Parent CompanyEuroitalia
Parent Company at launchGiver Profumi

About Crystal Noir

Crystal Noir is a feminine perfume by Versace. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Crystal Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Crystal Noir

Hmmm... Versace? Well this is or I should say was because I returned it, alllll sandalwood on me. Not worth the money this costs imo. I had high hopes for this... Disappointed :[
01st August, 2016
There are no gardenias here.

Crystal Noir is a nice enough perfume, I suppose, but it lacks any quality of fresh gardenias or even gardenia potpourri.

Growing up in the deep south I am intimately familiar with the heady, creamy rich, sweet, and clean fragrance of gardenia blossoms hanging heavily from the branches, often wet with rain in the hot, humid afternoon or perfuming the soft night.

In Crystal Noir I detect vague white flowers, a little floral sweetness, some underlying acrid spice as of turmeric and cumin, some dry sandalwood, and a bit of light musk, but none of the grandiosity and delicacy of gardenias. Overall I would describe Crystal Noir as dry, lightly spiced, slightly soapy, and pleasantly sweet and musky. It's not for me, but it's not offensive, either.

Sillage is decent; it neither projects or remains too intimate.

Longevity was poor on my skin, but good on the ends of my hair, where it persisted longer than some other fragrances.
24th September, 2015
mopoku Show all reviews
I wear this daily but not alone. I layer it with Hanae Mori Blue Butterfly. I get many compliments on that combination. Sometimes even after having it on for 10 hours.
21st June, 2015
Salutation.

CRYSTAL NOIR is a Unforgettable Experience.A cosmopolitan Fragrance that is a Pleasant Surprise too.I am Simply In Love with this Beautiful Scent. Sultry,Elegant,Sophisticated, Appealing,Exotic,Irresistible,Addictive and quite Feminine.

The Composition this one is a Seductive Elixir as Never Stop compliments from both Women and Men.It is a nice Mix of flowers that is Feminine without being too Floral.All notes are Adorable and i like the fresh crisp notes at the begining but i Love the deep essence that surrounds Everybody after.

In my opinion this VERSACE EDP Suitable for Every age and Every taste because is really Fragrant and Beautiful.Very Good with a Suede Jacket.Definitely a Scent that you want to wear for a Special Evening on the town.Great for AUTUMN Weather. Really worth trying.

Sillage?Very Good.

Longevity?About 8 hours on my skin by EDP.

7.25/10
10th May, 2015
Being that this is a Versace perfume, I really expected better of it. Disappointing.
24th February, 2015
I'm looking at my mother's potted gardenias as I write this
Does this scent do that gorgeous flower any justice? Sort of.
The gardenia notes are very present and demand attention
They are warm and dry, kind of like if I placed the flowers on a wooden plank and set them out in the sun
Somewhere in the mid notes I detect pineapple or grapefruit. Not bad.
I'm not too pleased with the synthetic sandalwood dry down
I realize I prefer the dewy/mossy type of gardenia, not a dry woody or peppery type
Also, the coconut note is very suntan lotion, but I also detect a slight peanutty note which I think keeps it from completely going into the Coppertone territory.
Overall ok, made me happy and think of summer for a while on this frigid February day.
19th February, 2015