Crystal Noir (2004)

PerfumerAntoine Lie
Parent CompanyEuroitalia
Parent Company at launchGiver Profumi

About Crystal Noir

Crystal Noir is a feminine perfume by Versace. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Crystal Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Crystal Noir

I've seen this referred to as a "black pepper nightmare with deep ginger claws."

Funny, that's just what I like about it. Seriously, it's the only one of the silly, giant "crystal" topped Versaces that has a personality.

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of coconut, but this is spicy enough to escape an umbrella-bedecked cocktail.

If this fragrance were a woman, she'd be fun to hang out with, but I'd watch her around my husband.
20th May, 2017
Enchanting fragrance -- clunky bottle.

Wonderful mix of ginger, pepper, a touch of cardamom, orange blossom, coconut, gardenia, and the musk and amber on the bottom aren't too strong. The latter don't erase the gardenia, at all. Gardenia lasts all day.
18th February, 2017 (last edited: 27th November, 2017)
Wow, I absolutetely love this fragrance! It's right up my alley. I smelled it on someone and fell in love right then and there. I had to ask her what she was wearing. She was so amazed by how much I loved it that she gifted me a bottle.
It's sexy, soft yet strong, perfect for dressing up beautiful at night while on a romantic outing. Definitely a nightime perfume. It lasts for a long time even after you shower. Great quality, great sillage. You'll get noticed and most probably-- liked.
It has a slight smell of roses, but I hate rose perfumes, so I don't want to sound like this is one of them, not at all.
It smells nothing like Versace Bright Crystal, in fact, it's the total opposite of it. It's intoxicating and inviting, you'll love it!
15th January, 2017
Hmmm... Versace? Well this is or I should say was because I returned it, alllll sandalwood on me. Not worth the money this costs imo. I had high hopes for this... Disappointed :[
01st August, 2016
There are no gardenias here.

Crystal Noir is a nice enough perfume, I suppose, but it lacks any quality of fresh gardenias or even gardenia potpourri.

Growing up in the deep south I am intimately familiar with the heady, creamy rich, sweet, and clean fragrance of gardenia blossoms hanging heavily from the branches, often wet with rain in the hot, humid afternoon or perfuming the soft night.

In Crystal Noir I detect vague white flowers, a little floral sweetness, some underlying acrid spice as of turmeric and cumin, some dry sandalwood, and a bit of light musk, but none of the grandiosity and delicacy of gardenias. Overall I would describe Crystal Noir as dry, lightly spiced, slightly soapy, and pleasantly sweet and musky. It's not for me, but it's not offensive, either.

Sillage is decent; it neither projects or remains too intimate.

Longevity was poor on my skin, but good on the ends of my hair, where it persisted longer than some other fragrances.
24th September, 2015
mopoku Show all reviews
I wear this daily but not alone. I layer it with Hanae Mori Blue Butterfly. I get many compliments on that combination. Sometimes even after having it on for 10 hours.
21st June, 2015