Amazing Grace
    by Philosophy

Amazing Grace Fragrance Notes

Shop for Amazing Grace products online

Reviews of Amazing Grace

Showing 1 to 6 of 20 reviews.

Adama's avatar
    Adama

I just bought this one for my girlfriend after having smelled it on a friend of mine- all I can say is "Wow"! It's the most amazingly calming scent I've ever encountered; a nice warm soap that is instantly relaxing and a joy to the senses.

Highly recommended.

29 November, 2011

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

I smelled this on numerous other women, stopped them in their tracks, and asked them what it was. "Amazing Grace," was the frequent reply. I could tell it was a musk, and a good one at that. The first time I tried it, by myself, was on paper, and the rose stood out for hours. On my skin, however, this perfume rapidly receeded into an exceedingly clean musk that quickly apologized befor slinking off into soapiness. Disappointing. My other favorite musk, one which makes me stop strangers and inquire, is Egyptian Goddess perfume oil by Auric Blends, which is less complex and wears better, without changing, on me.

17 October, 2011

sherapop's avatar
    sherapop

Philosophy AMAZING GRACE is doubly misnamed. Another shower-in-a-bottle frag, this one is so nondescript that the most I can say is that it's a very slightly soapy, very light generic floral composition. Could be peony; could be lily-of-the-valley. In the end, this is the classic “abstract floral” (aka “chemical soup”) about which some self-proclaimed authorities (cough cough) have raved. After two cases, I'm starting to understand the underlying philosophy of the Philosophy brand: it's all about being bland. Bland is not ugly nor is it a source of strife. On the other hand, it's neither beautiful nor inspiring. It's really the epitome of “meh,” a bit like white noise: you just tune it out after a bit of time.

These GRACE fragrances call to mind an article I recently read by a woman who took SSRIs for five years and reported that during that time she watched her life from afar, and, while she cared, she did not care so much. She noticed that her memory was worse, but she attributed it to her advancing age (all of 40...). Same story for her somewhat doughy, slightly flabby body. And she just didn't care. So naturally she did not care that she did not care. This is how I feel about the Philosophy line: I just don't care for these compositions at all, though I have nothing in particular against them. They are entirely forgettable “unperfumes” to me. They're not even distinct enough to be anti-perfume, because in order to be anti- something, you have to have something to say.

08 July, 2011

rtgiggles's avatar
    rtgiggles

This ia a nice everyday parfume. Doesn't last long on me though. I do like the scent. Appropriate for all ages. Would suggest as a gift.

23 February, 2011

Bostonredlox's avatar
    Bostonredlox

Who needs Prozac when you have Amazing Grace? It's extremely comforting. The perfume defies description - not quite a floral, not spicy, not green, just a clean, comforting scent. I spray it when I need a pick-me-up.

21st January, 2011

Jitterbug Perfume Lover's avatar
    Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I am a visual person and each time I smell a scent, I close my eyes and see what colors I see; what colors the fragrance evokes. I have to admit that I did not like this fragrance at first, or even the second time I smelled it. But, ahhhhh, on the third try, I tried on the concentrated perfume oil and ~~magic~~
    To me, this is a sheer white silk chiffon. I picture myself wearing this to church in a white flowey dress with a vintage white peacock feather fascinator in my hair but but bright red "I'm not a child, I'm a woman" lipstick; when I want to feel pure, feminine, soft, graceful, to reclaim my innate innocence; when I want to whisper in my boyfriend's ear a sweet little "I love you" straight from the heart. I admit, it doesn't last long enough unless I layer it with the body lotion first, but it's well worth the effort.

31st July, 2010