Average Rating: 3

Based on 22 ratings

Cocktail Fragrance notes

Ylang Ylang, Cananga, Jasmine, Rose, Orange Blossom, Oakmoss, Sandalwood

Cocktail information

Cocktail is a women's fragrance by B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Cocktail

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

silentrich's avatar

This one is very hard to describe. What jumped out at me is the opening of this is very strong so let it air out a bit before you take a whiff. Once it's settled on the skin it's still a hard one to figure out where they are going with it. It's a floral, slightly fruity, antiseptic smell. Could resemble a type of cocktail and one that would be served on ladies night.

03 June, 2012

odysseusm's avatar

This is quite outside my usual experience, so I struggle to understand and describe it. But I like it!
    Very briefly it starts with a sweet floral chord. This almost immediately changes into a very interesting "bright" note. It is heady, piercing, powerful. Some have spoken of lavender, others mention ylang absolute. Antiseptic and aldehydes have also been mentioned and I agree with all of those. It is a very bright and even slightly aggressive scent. Rubber gloves? Hospital corridors? I find all of this quirky and interesting. At times I get a cool-minty note.
    Would I wear it? Probably not, or at least rarely. But I can appreciate it.

03 March, 2012

teardrop's avatar

England England

Odd; this just smelled fruity to me, although there aren't any fruit notes listed. lt's quite a feel-good fragrance, just not my thing.

20th February, 2011

Limony's avatar

Yup, I smelt make-up and powder and saw an old fashioned dressing table. I liked this scent, it was pretty, warm and friendly (not like the ladies in Mad Men at all, then) but I never felt I had the right clothes to go with it. Definitely not for jeans-wearers.

12 April, 2010

Chelsea's avatar

Notes mentioned in the B Blurb - Ylang absolute , calanga petals, Mediterranean jasmine, rose absolute, orange flowers, oak moss, sandalwood.

Heavy on the ylang there is a definite spike lavender tang in there somewhere, jasmine, this fragrance has a mysterious understated quality to it, kinda like a fighter jet, by the time you are caught in the sillage, the wearer is long gone. Something just a little bit antiseptic, though Not in a bad way though, maybe the alcohol content is high? Between the ylang and sexy oak moss it shimmies in a tight dress whispering "come up and see me sometime" on the skin. The sillage is excellent, longevity excellent. It is a grown up girl's perfume to be sure

16 August, 2009

Truffles's avatar

An aggressive opener of Germolene and B Never too Busy fave - jasmine. Settles to just Germolene, and the Germolene never gets any weaker. Just awful.

17 June, 2009