Jour de Fête (2003)

Based on 65 ratings

Jour de Fête Fragrance notes

Almonds, Vanilla

Jour de Fête information

This fragrance contains notes of Almonds and Vanilla. The name, in English, means Day of Celebration.

Reviews of Jour de Fête

Showing 1 to 6 of 16 reviews.

ansi's avatar

Germany Germany

To me it smells like banana milk at first sniff. In a pleasant way. Later I get some burnt almonds, but still there is some freshness around it. Very interesting, I never smelled something like this before.

18 January, 2013

The_Cologneist's avatar

I agree with the first impression of Play-Doh. This was my first impression as well, but shortly after it became something more enjoyable. Toasted almonds (very toasted at that) and vanilla. It's also slightly floral. As it dries, it mostly becomes a creamy vanilla, reminiscent of vanilla icing to me; I get a light dose of white musk as well. Projection seems close to the skin at first, but then it starts to project more as it dries.. weird huh. Longevity is about 8 hours for me.

03 January, 2011

30 Roses's avatar

The first time I smelled this at a L'Artisan boutique, I laughed and said, "Play Doh!" But it called to me, and I had to take home a sample. I found it oddly comforting and my daughter loved it on me. Jour de Fête ended up being the first L'Artisan I bought a full bottle of (and later, a backup bottle, since it's discontinued.)

After many wearings, the association with Play Doh has lessened-- now when I spray this on, I think of the vanilla candy coated Jordan almonds that it's meant to evoke. I like it every bit as much as I did at first. It is not a sophisticated scent, not sexy, just cozy and comforting, perfect for rainy days, for sitting and reading a book with a cup of tea in hand. I like it better than Etro Heliotrope, which is somewhat similar.

27 September, 2010

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Whew, this is sweet! Almonds sprinkled with powdered sugar, marzipan and vanilla... It's not bad as far as gourmand scents go - the notes are natural and not sickeningly synthetic and the composition is even somewhat refreshed by a faint citrusy/green note that I suppose is the "green wheat", but I really don't see the point in smelling like a pastry shop. Besides, it seems the intense sweetness and dry powderiness combined makes me sneeze as though inhaling real powdered sugar.

04 May, 2010

Asha's avatar

L'Artisan Jour de Fete

Notes: Almond, pink laurel, wheat, orris, bourbon vanilla, cedarwood (from luckyscent.com)

I remember trying Jour de Fete a couple years ago and not being impressed. Reviews on BN and other online sources gave mostly mediocre or negative reviews, with complaints of the fragrance being too simple, and with no projection or longevity. I can't say I disagree with the main issues. However, having revisited the fragrance again today, I find that JdF is a diaphanous, doughy, slightly sweet and powdery fragrance which is soothing in a way that most other so-called "comfort scents" can't achieve. Jour de Fete reminds me of shimmery body products which, having given the skin a bit of sheen, somehow accentuate the bare loveliness beneath. Notes of almond, cherry-vanilla and crisp, almost green "raw bread" are the openers. The top accord fades quickly, giving way to a transparent vanilla, soft wood and perhaps a touch of tonka or opoponax. This is definitely a fragrance for the quieter moments in life, is unisex and also wearable for almost any age.

27 April, 2010

vintage*red's avatar

I agree with Trebor. This does not strike me as a unisex fragrance. It starts out very sweet gourmand and morphs into a sweet, nutty vanilla tobacco...with the emphasis on sweet and nutty and not on tobacco. This is a pedestrian fragrance especially since it comes from L'Artisan. I usually find that the L'Artisan fragrances (not the Serge Lutens fragrances) are harder to wear, but this one is a cinch! There is no sillage and the longevity is lacking.

25 October, 2009