Malbec (2004)

PerfumerNapoleão Barros Junior
SupplierIFF
PackagingAlain de Mourgues

About Malbec

A daring combination of perfumery and winemaking -- Brazilian Perfume house, O Boticário has created a fragrance based on Malbec wine, the perfume even contains it as one of the notes. A must-try for all red wine lovers.

Malbec fragrance notes

Reviews of Malbec

Wickedly strong and projecting. Unfortunately over used in the region (Brazil), so I really don't grab it often. Still there's no denying that there's something sexy here and anytime I where it on another continent the insane number of compliments becomes overbearing. Woody and bright with, yes, a bit of grapey-sweetness that thankfully never smells like day-after wine dregs. I disagree with the bad blending comment. In fact, it's well blended - just using some potent synthetics that might be abrasive when over-applied. It is rather linear, but the good for the whole ride.
31st July, 2014
Vanilla plus cheap wisky, both very agressive to my nose. The smell stays impregnated in the room and thats not good. It´s just one more scent not well blended, like all other from that same producer store.
12th March, 2011
I really like this scent. It took me 5 years until try it. On paper, feels as if it is harsh. But is not. Good on paper and on skin, but on skin is a little sweet, but always nice. It is very interesting when a few hours late you wash just a little your wrist and get something really nice, I´m not sure if "alcoholic" would describe well the feeling, but I like. And I love the liquid soap with grape seeds that is selling here in Brazil. Nice combination. Unfortunately a bit hit, many many men using it, easly recognized. Still, one of my favourites, can never leave my wardrobe.
08th January, 2011
Nice work from the best Brazilian perfume house! Think of a subtle, sweet fragrance in the same lines of Acqua di Giò (but more complex, luxurious), add some wood and a glass of wine: then you got malbec!
20th May, 2006

Add your review of Malbec

Shop for Malbec products online

Search Amazon for Malbec

Member images of Malbec

There are no member images of Malbec yet. Why not be the first?