Miami Glow by J.Lo (2004)
    by Jennifer Lopez

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 72 ratings

Miami Glow by J.Lo Fragrance Notes

Miami Glow by J.Lo information

Designed to be the second of many possible JLo Glow's according to Lancaster. At this rate, she'll have more Glow's than ex husbands.
    Miami Glow will be available for one year only, and according to Lopez the scent is “warm, like a beach at night”.

Shop for Miami Glow by J.Lo products online

$33.46*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 20.00)
    $37.55*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 22.45)

Reviews of Miami Glow by J.Lo

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

RoseInStone's avatar

Sickly sweet mess

This was a quick buy on my way through an airport one day several years ago. I didn't test first so it was a complete waste of money.

I'd never bought a celebrity fragrance before but for some reason I was drawn to the bottle. Needless to say it put me off celebrity fragrances for some time to come. Coconut, pineapple and lots of sugar. It projects well and really lasts which in this case is unfortunate. I suppose if you're still in high school then this has a place but for anyone over the age of 16 it is probably best avoided.

It's a shame as J.Lo has actually produced some quite decent perfumes but this one just helps give celeb fragrances their bad name.

Pros: The bottle looks good, doesn't cost much
    Cons: Headache inducing"

21st July, 2013

ynde's avatar

Every time I smell this, it smells different to what I originally smelled! I bought this while rushing around the shopping centre, as I was looking for a beachy style scent to take with me to Thailand in the summer and that would fit well with my coconut sunscreen. After trying pretty much everything with the word 'summer' or 'fraiche' in it, I thought I was stuck with something floral (sigh) yet again. However, the sales woman showed me this on sale for AU $30 for 100ml, and I knew I'd found what I'd been searching for.

This is definitely a fresh scent - the first time I smelled it, I smelled mint (???) and a bit of soap. Quite nice. I sprayed it on my skin. I got something slightly fruity but still fresh and soapy, and the drydown was a lovely light coconut. Went home and sprayed it over my sunscreen - BEST combination. The coconut scent in the sunscreen stays for about 2 hours, and fits sooo nicely with the minty, soapy, fruity smells in the top, and by the time the sunscreen's fragrance begins to fade, the perfume has settled into a lovely fresh but warm smell that reminds me of sunbaked sand. Great staying power, and the changes in scent and drydown just keep me guessing. Please, don't discontinue this again now that I've finally discovered it!

07 November, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

I expected so much from Miami Glow. After being raved about constantly when it hit the shelves by fellow reviewers and then 4 years on brought back by popular demand, I assumed that this would have to be Jennifer Lopez's best fragrance to date.

Forgive me when I say that I don't understand all the fuss. Sure it smells beachy, tropical, Summery and a little like sunscreen, but aren't there enough fragrances like that already?

I unfortunately didn't sense any coconut, just grapefruit and passionfruit, followed by orangeblossom and then musk, lots of it.

I couldn't get over how synthetic this fragrance was to my nose. If it had been a sweet synthetic smell I may have liked it, but this fragrance is similar to the scent of cheap suntan lotion. Not my cup of tea at all. I must add on a nicer note, Miami Glow does have great lasting power, I guess that earns this fragrance one star from me.

05 June, 2011

diamontes's avatar

Upon initial application, the orange blossom citrus smell is predominant and bold. Underlying is the coconut tropical scent with some florals seeping through. Mellows down and the vanilla eventually makes a bold appearance.

Definitely a summer scent! Not too bad as some have described. But nothing bold enough to stand out on it's own and it's staying power isn't great.

I bought this blindly because of it's popularity on fragrancenet in positive reviews and it was also quite cheap.

Certainly not the best fragrance out there to choose from but it is certainly not the worst either.

The bottle design is a bit tacky with the colourful threaded bracelet around the neck. It says on the box that the bracelet can be worn but i sure as hell wouldn't. Not very elegant or creative, quite plain.

This is a wearable, not overpowering and a nice subtle summer fragrance great for very casual outtings.

I think this fragrance would be loved by someone who likes femininity, hints of coconut and a predominance orange blossom in a perfume.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

Top notes include pink grapefruit, passionfruit and coconut water, with heart notes of orange blossom, heliotrope and cyclamen. Base notes combine amber, musk and vanilla orchid.

13 May, 2011

Coco Belle's avatar

I quite like this, but because the grapefruit hardly appears on my skin, I find myself wanting to layer it with something brightly citrus to get a real summer effect. With the coconut and "warm sand accord" (I think that's what it's meant to be...), it's a bit too heavy/puddingy without that grapefruit zing.

I may try layering this with something cheap like BBW White Citrus. If it's more enjoyable that way, I'll update this...

21st March, 2011

Jitterbug Perfume Lover's avatar

This perfume is summer in a bottle, but not the heat of summer rather those twilight hours after the sun's gone down and now you're ready to light a bonfire and watch the sunset while you snuggle in a blanket on the beach. I was raised on the beach and that's what this perfume reminds me of--it's that smell that lingers on your skin after you've spent the whole day on the beach, but now the sun's gone down and you can still smell the sunshine and coconut on your shoulders. This is not a "serious" fragrance, but rather lighthearted and relaxed. I can picture myself wearing this to a club in Miami in a sexy little gold mini dress, gold stiletto gladiator sandals and gold hoop earrings. This is the smell of me after I've gotten a nice bronzey glow on my skin, the sun has lightened my hair, and I've got a big smile on my face and the memories of the ocean waves in my ears. Just a dab or two and I'm off to meet some girlfriends for a sangria, or maybe just flirt a bit with my boyfriend while we tell eachother our summer hopes and dreams while we feed eachother tapas.

31st July, 2010

• Time Left: 4 days
    STARTING BID
    Miami Glow by J Lo Jennifer Lopez 3.4 oz EDT Spray for Women Perfume
    (Shipping from United States)
    MIAMI GLOW BY JLO 1.0/ 1 OZ/30 ML EAU DE TOILETTE EDT SPRAY TESTER NO BOX AS PIC
    Miami Glow by J Lo Jennifer Lopez Edt Spray 3.4oz 100ml NIB + Free Samples