Alien (2005)

PerfumerLaurent Bruyre
SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Alien

Alien is a feminine perfume by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Laurent Bruyre and Dominique Ropion

Alien fragrance notes

Reviews of Alien

Bold, nearly boozy jasmine. Creamy, like a liqueur. Overly sweetened woody scent a few moments later, that reminds me of a hyper-sweet incense or a glade room spray. It's soft then. It sometimes annoys me; at times delights me. It depends on my mood, what it does to me. Alien is one of "those". I don't wear it often as it can be cloying. My little one ounce bottle will last me the rest of my life.

The base is just as sweet with its amber tone. The sweetness of Alien never lets up. It is also good for its longevity. I give this a 3.5 to 4 star rating, depending on my mood.

Amber darkens & dominates later.
09th February, 2019
Interior in Strandgade, Sunlight on the Floor by Vilhelm Hammershoi 1901
21st November, 2018
I lied, I'm sorry. I love this perfume! I don't know what I was thinking. I think it just needed to settle, but it smells amazing! It is "grape-y" at first, but it settles and you appreciate the scent all day!
Previous review 11/6/18: I blindly bought this based on the raving reviews. I wanted something with good sillage and longevity, something I could spray on in the morning and last all day so I wouldn't need to carry a decant.
So, I haven't received it in the mail yet, but I did go and sample this at the local department store (and 2 others I blindly bought based solely on reviews-gucci bloom and versace bright crystal).
I know exactly how to describe this "alien" perfume for those who've never smelled...have a dose of children's grape dimetapp cold and cough syrup, it tastes the way "alien" smells. The scent of this fragrance is very (exactly) synthetic grape that lasts at least 4 hours, dominating any other notes that is claims to have in it. This scent is the twin of children's grape dimetapp's taste. "What's that scent you're wearing" they say, "grape dimetapp".
06th November, 2018 (last edited: 21st January, 2019)
*yawn*

I've been trying to like Alien for some time now. I feel like Mugler outs so much effort into it, there must be something I'm missing. Alas, it seems to have been watered down over the years and is more banal than ever before. There's some jasmine, some woodiness, and...that's it.

I know it's no longer available, but but Miroir des Envies take the same concept of jasmine, toasted notes, woods, and "solar notes", but does it on an immensely more interesting scale. Since that's no longer made, the next best thing is Alien Essence Absolute, which leans more toward the warmer, vanilla tones.

Not terrible, but compared to Angel (of yore at least), and the most recent addition, Aura (who did "safe" right), Alien is a let-down.

If you want to emit the idea that you're wearing a fragrance, without any notion of which one, Alien is a safe buy. But you can do so much better.
13th October, 2018
Take a rich jasmine note, shear off its rough (indolic, green) edges, hook it up to an outdoor amplifier, and overlay it with a gauzy, vanillic amber accord that has roughly the half-life of plutonium. That's Alien. For what it is, it's great, and even slightly narcotic under the right conditions. This is a perfume for a woman with a capital "W" - or a confident man in an insouciant mood. (Alien dries down gorgeously on skins of either sex.) If you're a fan of the Mugler style - ie. "Go Big or Go Home" - and if every jasmine perfume you've come across so far has seemed just a tad restrained for your liking, Alien is nothing short of a must-sniff. Run, don't walk. For others....well. Spray at your peril. This alien doesn't come in peace.
07th July, 2018
Alien is the perfect name for this fragrance. With only three notes Jasmine, woods & amber you would think it is a simple fragrance which it is yet not really.

Alien is all about Jasmine, she dominates the entire show from the moment you spray her until the end. The woods and amber do show up but they don't have a prayer in hell with the Jasmine leading the forefront. Now there is a problem here, it is with Jasmine. I so happen to like Jasmine but Mugler seemed like he wanted to amp it to 100x's & on top of that it can come off as a synthetic mess!

Yes Alien is a bit to synthetic for my taste as I use to wear it sometimes, tho there was always this almost stomach turning feeling I'd get from this & I knew it was from the Jasmine. On the bright side, it will get you noticed across a stadium & it will last on you from sun up till sun down. Normally only Aliens have that type of power. :) Nice, but a no for me as my nose cannot bare it anymore.
25th March, 2018

Add your review of Alien

Shop for Alien products online

Shop for Alien at online perfumeries

Alien Eau Extraordinaire Mini EDT By Thierry Mugler

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 23:07:02 PST
Buy It Now for only: $50.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

THIERRY MUGLER “ALIEN” FRAGRANCE SAMPLE NEW Vial with original ‘card’

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 23:16:45 PST

Thierry Mugler Alien Eau de Parfum Women's 60 ml | cod. X7306 CA

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 0:36:50 PST
Buy It Now for only: $90.27
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Thierry Mugler Alien Non Refillable Stones Eau De Parfum Spray for Women, 2 O...

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 4:16:04 PST

Alien Perfume by Thierry Mugler, 1 oz EDP Non Refillable Spray for Women NEW

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 5:44:54 PST
Buy It Now for only: $48.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Alien Perfume by Thierry Mugler, 3 oz EDP for Women Refillable NEW IN SEALED BOX

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 5:48:57 PST

Thierry Mugler Alien Eau De Parfum Deluxe mini 0.20 oz

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 7:32:12 PST
Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Member images of Alien

There are no member images of Alien yet. Why not be the first?