Alien (2005)
    by Thierry Mugler

Alien Fragrance Notes

Shop for Alien products online

Reviews of Alien

Showing 1 to 6 of 97 reviews.

HickorySmoke420's avatar
    HickorySmoke420

While testing frags I stumbled across Alien after loading up several dozen cards and smelling them blindly while at a red light. I was very into the floral scent of it. I returned the next day with the card to purchase it and gave it a test...wow this scent is STRONG and incredibly long lasting! I actually almost don't like it before the dry down it's almost too much. However after the dry down tames it just enough to the point I can't get enough of it. I wish my wife liked it as much as I do. I ask her to were it on special occasions and out to a nice restaurant/bar.

I prefer this scent with dry cool weather. People ask or compliment more times than not when out for an evening.

15 February, 2014

's avatar

Sweet and exotic. I LOVE this fragrance.

The best feature of this perfume is its wonderfully intoxicating vanilla and jasmine scents that last and last. A little goes a long way. Well worth the price. Love that you can refill at department stores like macy's for less!

13 October, 2013

Brooke's avatar
    Brooke

I bought Alien on a whim, in Duty-free, only because what I'd read was so positive. At first spray, the impression was a cloying, dissonant, chemical disaster. Once I left the duty-free area, however, heading back to the lounge to await my flight, the first impact of the fragrance hit me. Abstract. Powerful. Something I wanted to "get to know better" or try in vain to "understand". The first inkling of attraction - that quality that mystifies and draws you in.
    It's been a week now, which I feel is enough time to weigh in on my experience with Alien. And I admit it - I'm in love.
    To me, Alien embodies EVERYTHING that a true WOMAN should be - the sparkling jasmine opening is unabashedly feminine, confident and strong (a warning is befitting here - a small amount goes a long way - one spray is usually all you need!) the sheer and magical essence of solar accord and amber, the green-metallic je ne sais quois- make her seem mysterious, aloof, and cool - classic qualities of an attractive woman. At the same time, the balmy/woodsy vanilla drydown with just the slightest hint of musk make her warm, inviting, almost approachable? And the overall impression is downright BEAUTIFUL. Perfect for a confident, original and classy woman who discriminates in life and love.

22 March, 2013

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

A candied floral entity that projects a luminous holographic jasmine for the first 15-20 minutes before it runs out of power. The jasmine sambac is indeed glorious but the supporting ambery accord is toothache personified. Best to smell ALIEN from a distance where you catch whiffs of laundered, indole-free white florals.

The bottle is something else though - like an object from another universe, it's sci-fi geek's wet dream. I see guys buying this purely for the bottle alone.

20th March, 2013

Claire811's avatar
    Claire811

Beautiful jasmine and sweet amber, this fragrance is absolutely feminine and sexy. Very long lasting. If you love jasmine this is a must have. Gets a lot of compliments but, remember, just one spray, not more. I love it.

14 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 30th November, 2012)

perfumebox's avatar
    perfumebox
    Singapore Singapore

Glorious space-Jasmine. I swear it smells like it’s glowing.
    Aside from the fact that I've had more compliments (from both sexes) with this scent than any other in my sizeable collection, I like the straightforward scent structure and how it shows off the richly faceted sambac jasmine to perfection.

If your skin seems to amplify the amber and the fruity aspect of the sambac jasmine a bit too much (i.e. you smell candy and nothing but candy) you should check out the Eau de Toilette version, which isn't just a diluted version of the EDP. It's a different formulation with a slightly more complex structure while still being recognizably Alien.

14 November, 2012