Comme des Garçons 2 Man (2004)
by Comme des Garçons

Comme des Garçons 2 Man information

Year of Launch2004

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerMark Buxton
PackagingRei Kawakubo
PackagingMarc Atlan

About Comme des Garçons 2 Man

Comme des Garçons 2 Man is a masculine fragrance by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mark Buxton. The bottle was designed by Marc Atlan and Rei Kawakubo

Comme des Garçons 2 Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Comme des Garçons 2 Man

Salutation.

COMME DES GARCONS 2 is "all about the power of transformation.the power of every individual to turn anything into something positive".It is one of the best fragrances i have smelled in the COMME DES GARCONS collection.the men wearing this is so sophisticated,yet still a thoroughbred male who roar if he likes.This EDT may not be for everyone if you like incense and leather than you may want to give this a try. Sophistiacated, Woody,Clssy,Smoky,Warm, Gorgeous,Absolutely masculine and Modern but in a Classic way.

Although the top notes might seem loud that one thinks he has oversprayed oneself,the dry down is great for tight spaces with someone you might want to spend some more time with a.in fact it has a smoky scent from the begin until the end but it is not too heavy at all.i find it to be a so classy smell and recommend it to the distinguished gentleman.It is suitable for OFFICE and FORMAL wear. perfect for COLD wether.In conclusion if you are self-confident,go for it.

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?+6 hours on my skin.

7.25/10
02nd June, 2015
Pleasant wood-leather mix.

On the first spray, I instantly thought: "This smells exactly line one of the AXE/Lynx body spray I used a few years ago." Must have been AXE Africa, Phoenix or Unlimited. 1:1 copy.
27th June, 2014
Genre: Leather

First I get a dry, astringent, aromatic opening that smells strongly of rosemary and dried lavender. Incense and tarry notes soon follow, along with a sweet artificial fruit note. The overall impression is relatively stark and gray. The only color comes from the air freshener fruit note, and that color is glossy hot pink.

The sweetness doesn't last long, but it somehow manages to leave a ghost of its synthetic edge, so that the remaining accord is spare, harsh, and oddly "mechanical." Powdery elements in the base contribute a dry, musty component to CdG 2 Man, and I'm suddenly reminded of the dusty, metallic interior of a well-used CPU with its cover removed for repair.

The incense note becomes more and more tenuous over time, and as it fades it uncovers a dry, smoky leather in the background. This is not the cowboy boots and barbecue smoke of Lonestar Memories, or the velvety leather of Eau d'Hermès. Instead it is the harsh, bitter smoke of an electrical fire. After an hour or two what remains on my skin is mostly mineralic dust dust and smoke, as if someone had recently burned an electronic device on a concrete floor. CdG 2 Man's sillage and projection are both minimal, and the scent is not among the most tenacious that I've worn.

When I look back at what I've just written, I realize that CdG 2 Man is far less intriguing and provocative than my description makes it sound. Yes, it's odd, but I don't find it as challenging as many Comme des Garcons scent can be. It's bleak monotony is ultimately dull, and wearing CdG 2 Man only reminds me how much better this house has done in the past. In the end CdG 2 Man is nothing more than a protracted yawn.
11th June, 2014
5 stars. Thank you comme des garcons for making this. If only it lasted longer than an hour. This, along with GPH1 (2003) are the best wood scents I've ever come across. Many people compare the two, and I can see that. CDG2 Man is much lighter to me, whereas the amazing GPH1 is dark and rich. A beautiful scent, a real work of art.
09th April, 2014
Changed my mind on this - I guess as it's now autumn and this stuff is just made for chillier weather! Pleasant incense scent, underpinned by leather and a strong inky vetiver. Lasts for a average to good amount of time, and creates a bookish masculine aura around you. Reminds me somewhat of AdP Colonia Intensa on the drydown. Nice.
08th April, 2014 (last edited: 28th October, 2014)
It's really interesting for me that some people keep comparing this to "Gucci Pour Homme 2003" and even some of them say this is better version of it, but for me these two have completely different scents.
At the opening I can smell a semi sweet saffron note with lots of woods and spice and a little bit of aldehydes.
The heavy woods and spicy part may remind you of "Gucci Pour Homme" but there is lots of saffron and aldehydes here that make this fragrance quite different.
As time goes by the saffron note goes to the background and now aldehydes become much stronger.
The aldehydes give the scent a strong soapy vibe and a little green feeling and beside that still you can smell woods and spices but behind aldehydes.
It's soapy and a little green, but bitter woody and spicy at the same time with some floral notes.
In the base I can smell a inky musky vetiver note with some aldehydes and woods in the background.
The base of the fragrance remind me of the dry down of "Lalique Encre Noir". not exactly the same but close enough.
Projection is really good and longevity is around 5-7 hours on my skin.
A good and pleasant soapy,woody and spicy fragrance and I like it.
01st February, 2014