parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa (2005)
by Comme des Garçons

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa information

Year of Launch2005
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseComme des Garçons

About parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2005

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa fragrance notes

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa

One of the very few fragrances by Comme Des Garcons that I'm not able to dispassionately love. Spicy Cocoa is a chocolate/citrus gourmand with a dissonant/contrasting aspect given by the spices (mainly cardamom). It opens with a an edible accord of cocoa joined by orange and other citruses while cardamom and coriander provide a challenging fecal/sweaty twist that's not exactly what I usually call "successful". The fragrance turns pretty soon into a more conventional and moderately sweet gourmand of little interest. Not completely bad but still pretty far from being my type of fragrance.
22nd February, 2012

Spicy Cocoa is a very weird acting fragrance. It does start out with a non-sweet chocolate, but, within seconds, the chocolate is gone, and a strange peppery orange note remains. The orange is strange because it is incorporated in with some very iffy spices – iffy in combination: fennel, cardamom, and coriander. Fennel has an anise like smell (I have come to dislike anise), cardamom often carries a sweat or even a fecal associations, and coriander smells to me like crushed bugs. I didn’t have much hope for the scent when I saw those middle notes, and I wasn’t disappointed. On my skin, this scent smells a trifle bit nauseating with a synthetic background – not really endearing. It does have excellent longevity, which is a good thing only if you enjoy the fragrance.

16th December, 2008
Well, I'm with monkey man matt for most choco fragrancey things. . .and even this one has a touch of ex lax about it, perhaps. .. (I've never actually ingested ex lax but I remember smelling it as a child). . .

but I think this stuff is really beautiful, like a necco wafer base with ovetones of the other notes and I think it's quite appetizing and sort of innocently sexy. Like some kind of lovely suntan lotion that doesn't exist yet.

I love spicy cocoa in fact.
29th August, 2006
I know the range is headed sweet but in spite of all the alleged spiciness it's just sickly. I don't get poo just a really nauseating chocolate orange smell. Usually I like bergamot but that's the only 'orangey' note here & it just smelled like I felt eating too much chocolate orange in one go at Christmas years ago as a kid. I really didn't want to be reminded of that!
20th November, 2005
A true Gourmand scent. The opening smells almost exactly like orange-flavoured chocolate (for example by Marabou or Anton Berg). It's not an overly sweet chocolate note, more like dark chocolate. The spices kick in a little later. I can't figure out what spices they used, but I think I smell something like pepper and cardamom.
Maybe it's because of the synthetic ingredients, but to my nose there's no real development detectable. After the topnotes are gone, the fragrance stays the same for hours. Speaking of hours, the lasting power is quite good, considering that the scent is relatively subtle.
Another plus, the bottle looks extremely nice (and by nice I mean cheap and tacky, in a good way). A must have for CdG lovers, chocolate addicts and all who like gourmand fragrances.
19th November, 2005
I don't wanna be vulgar here but spicy cocoa comes across more as spicy poo-poo to my nose. This really smells fecal, I was feeling sick for 15 minutes after sampling it. What the hell were they thinking??? Yuck.
22nd September, 2005

Add your review of parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa

Shop for parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa products online

Search Amazon for parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa

Member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa

There are no member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Spicy Cocoa yet. Why not be the first?