Gendarme 20 (2004)

Gendarme 20 information

Year of Launch2004

HouseGendarme

About Gendarme 20

Gendarme 20 is a masculine fragrance by Gendarme. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Gendarme 20

Clean linen white starched shirt meets Prell Shampoo. Perfectly inoffensive in every way. There may be performance issues, not sure. Recommended. 3.5 out of 5 stars.
26th May, 2015
Has the same gendarme scent with a huge kick of "white linen", i prefer this if i want to smell like the original but with a little more drive to it.
19th April, 2012 (last edited: 06th March, 2014)
Gendarme 20 is a great soapy fresh fragrance that's perfect for a hot day. Starts with the lavender in the opening and settles into a soapy clean, but masculine fragrance. Great for days when you want to take a break from fragrance but still smell good.
12th September, 2011
After wearing my sample, finally, I checked the Gendarme site out of curiosity, and it seems that this doesn't exist anymore. That's a shame, but for the moment, it can still be picked up by doing a little search engine magic (unlike Mojo).

Anyway, it smells terrific. It's clean and fresh, and actually has some potency and longevity. Also, there are subtle things going on here in terms of green, citrus, and leather. And of course the dominant note is lavender. I can't add much else in the description department, but I can say that I had a woman inappropriately invading my space to speak with me today, and since Gendarme 20 does smell delicious, I feel that it is to blame.
16th September, 2010
G20 is the most similar to the original EdP, but perhaps even more concentrated. This might be nice in theory, but in practice I find it includes too much of the wintergreen-like component that I found traces of in the original. The opening is more alcoholic and sharp than any of the others, and once that goes away, the florals remind me a little of those in the Acqua di Parma Colonia series. Later, as more herbs make their presence known, the wintergreen seems to turn into a very gentle eucalyptus, which would be an improvement except that it also starts reminding me of old-school suntan lotion. I really don't know what to make of it, except to view it as a slight overkill, but I'd recommend it if you like sweet mint or wintergreen.
13th June, 2010
I like this a lot, but for me it's the least impressive of the Gendarme line, all of which feature the same "laundry fresh" central accord.

The lavender is pretty strong in this, and unfortunately I think it detracts from the uniqueness and power of the underlying idea. Ultimately, it makes the fragrance smell somewhat more generic.
02nd March, 2010

Add your review of Gendarme 20

Shop for Gendarme 20 products online

Search Amazon for Gendarme 20

Member images of Gendarme 20

There are no member images of Gendarme 20 yet. Why not be the first?