Cardin (1975)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchAmerican Cyanamid > Jacqueline Cochran

About Cardin

Cardin is a feminine perfume by Pierre Cardin. The scent was launched in 1975 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Reviews of Cardin

A floral heart but a musk and civet dry down with a warm honeyed amber.

I did not experience the "green, sweet, fruity opening" that Barbara Herman did. Perhaps my vintage mini had lost those top notes.

What's left is a serious chypre - warm and dark and slightly spicy. Anachronistic for 1976, but it must have been welcome at the time. It's perfectly nice, but nothing unusual, just a nice basic chypre, thus my neutral review.

Top notes: Raspberry, Bergamot
Heart notes: Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Ylang, Orris, Honey, Lily
Base notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Civet, Oakmoss, Amber

Worth picking up cheaply if you can find it on Ebay.
08th August, 2014
I guess I'll have to tread a line between the preceeding reviews. Cardin is floral, but its also spicey. And it is animalic in a way that shows that it is from another place and time (the 1970's). Other than that, it's not terribly unusual, from what I can tell.

For this review, my sample was a 1/2 oz splash bottle with glass stopper + plastic insert. The juice looks looks thick, dark and potent, so maybe I have the edp version? Overall, the package is somewhat 'above average'.

Anyway, it's big stuff. Anyone who likes Paloma Picasso or First will probably enjoy it.

10th October, 2010
Hmmm. I'm wondering what the first two reviewers are smelling? I wore this since it first came out. I was a newlywed, silly, young, romantic, and this just smelled like the most heavenly light floral, but unfortunately never seemed to last very long. As the years went by, I had used up my stash, then found it was long discontinued. Ebay and other resources have allowed me to fall in love with this all over again. It still smells exactly the same to me now as it did when I was in my early 20s and received loads of compliments. I think the jasmine notes are especially attractive here. I still call this a lovely floral floral.
03rd December, 2009
This is one of those fabulously dirty, animalic, deep 70's type of scents. Not for the faint hearted, but if you find yourself smelling a fragrance and thinking "Mmm, I wish I had a nice side of animalic notes to add to this, just to give it some 'oomph'. " than this is the scent for you. If one is familiar with the fashion designs of M Cardin, then you will know what to expect of this fragrance. Highly recommended, even if just for the 'time-capsule' like glimpse into what 70's fragrance had to offer.
21st May, 2009
This is all musk & civet in a sick way. I had to wash this off. It was going nowhere.
It had nothing redeming in it. A migrane with nothing interesting.
14th October, 2008

Add your review of Cardin

Shop for Cardin products online

Shop for Cardin at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cardin

Member images of Cardin

There are no member images of Cardin yet. Why not be the first?