Fantasque

HouseLouis Féraud
PackagingJacques Llorente
Parent CompanyPerfumer's Workshop

About Fantasque

Fantasque is a feminine perfume by Louis Féraud. The bottle was designed by Jacques Llorente

Reviews of Fantasque

This is gorgeous!I wore this for a number of years when it first came out in the 80's!
Since Estee ,Knowing and many of my favs with oakmoss changed,I started searching for decent vintage Fragrances.
Oakmoss is a mood elevator for me and I must have daily doses!
I stumbled across Fantastique searching Ebay! Beautiful uplifting memories came flooding back to me...
I put a bid on a sealed package 'only' for most vintage 'colognes' I tried just didn't seem to hold up well,especially when already opened.I haven't seen this fume in anything but cologne,yet years ago our colognes were very much similar to an EDP today!)
Upon first spray, I immediately detect oakmoss within a mix of well blended flowers and very minimal amount of orris root...I don't seem to get any fruit to my nose...This is very soothing by this point & Rose(a very real rose,green of stem included)mixed with jasmine seems to be flowers I can detect slightly.At the very end where it stays for quite a long time, very delicate patch and sandlewood pull this together,rounding out to a slightly moss green bouquet of gently spiced, powdered, flowers!As if one just stepped out of an elegantly oiled bath,and put a lovely french dusting powder on.Calming and clean feeling...Great before bed too!
BTW by accident mixed with EA 'Arden Beauty' and the mixture is fantastic!Got compliments galore!The longevity of AB was three times the usual!
I ventured further and mixed with Brasil Dream by EL and this is another head turner of a mixture!Wonderful together!
Silage seems more than decent,as people have told me how nice I smell walking past them.
Mixed with the other fragrances mentioned, the wind blows lightly and people compliment!
How I wish I didn't have to use my Fantastigue so sparingly! I just adore it!
My 30 yr old daughter commented that she smells something so comforting & familiar coming from me!Asked what I was wearing for it was bringing her back in time and it felt so good!I used to wear this when she was born in 1986 as I nursed her and relaxed, rocking her in the rocking chair! It's amazing what scents bring to mind...How, even though discontinued, they can stay with us forever...in our memories...

(I cannot refrain from constantly smelling my wrists...This lasts a good 8 + hours going strong... then lightens for next 4 hours or so,on me...Love it!!)
10th August, 2017
This is a plush, green, woodsy, rose with a wet earth note. Timeless. I spoke with AVON just today and they provided me with these official notes, provided verbatim:

Top: Pear, Aldehydes, Citruses, Spices, Rosewood, & Green Tones

Heart: A Floral Bouquet of Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Rose, & Orris Root

Base: Patchouli, Moss, Cedar, Sandalwood, Musk, & Amber
28th January, 2016
This review is for a the cologn concentration of Fantasque. When I first put it on my wrists I could barely smell it. However, as it warmed on the skin, the scent unfolded in a way that very much evokes Deneuve (Catherine Deneuve), of which I have a small perfume concentration. But fantasque is a tad, JUST a tad, fruiter. In fact, they smell so similar that if you have been trying to purchase Deneuve and can't seem to spring for the prices that they're charging for it on ebay, this may be a satisfying substitute as it is a beautiful classic chypre full of oakmoss, as well. For an AVON scent, Fantasque (to me) smells of equal quality to the Deneuve and I'm happy I stumbled upon it.
21st December, 2014
Very feminine, not too flowery perfume that I absolutely adored in the 80s. Shame you can't find it easily anymore. If you love the original Carolina Herrera perfume,then, you'll like this.
25th May, 2012
Without realising it this was my first designer perfume back in the very early 80s at age 16 when my mother was an Avon agent. This was my signature scent up until I was 17. I always felt grown up wearing it. I am well into my 40's now. I have just discovered it again as a rare vintage bottle was given to me as a birthday present by my sister, and I still love it.

It's not a modern scent. I don't know what the top, middle or basenotes are but when you first spray it, you will think of Chanel 19 or YSL Rive Gauche and then as it drys down, it gets citrusy and creamy. Oakmoss vanilla and rose maybe some of the ingredients. It is sweet and soapy but not sickly and works well with my chemistry

As it is so rare now, I can't wear it everyday, but I do get several compliments whenever I do.
18th May, 2012 (last edited: 29th May, 2012)

Add your review of Fantasque

Shop for Fantasque products online

Search Amazon for Fantasque

Member images of Fantasque

There are no member images of Fantasque yet. Why not be the first?