Brit Red (2004)
    by Burberry

Brit Red Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Brit Red

Showing 1 to 6 of 23 reviews.

Ashley.Noelle's avatar
    Ashley.Noelle

This has to be my all-time favorite winter scent! The gingerbread base brings back memories of Christmas as a child. Brit Red has a warm and comforting scent that I haven't found in too many other perfumes on the market. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this one. Hopefully I can keep finding it.

30th January, 2013

Hayven's avatar
    Hayven

I bought a used bottle of this, and unfortunately the top notes "turned"; what I thought was supposed to be orange turns sour on me. Thankfully, that did not last long as a warm, rosy gingerbread developed on my skin in the drydown. The scent is not very strong, but it's very cozy; normally I do not like to sleep with fragrances on, but this one smelled so good and didn't bother me while I slept. I will love to wear it more at home once winter approaches.

24 October, 2012

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

So, so very beautiful. A sweet and mildly spicy vanilla fragrance which has all the class and sophistication of a true Burberry perfume.

While most of Burberry's fragrances are casual and Summery, Brit Red I would dare to wear to any formal event. I believe that I could never tire of this exquisite fragrance.

Brit Red is warm and comforting while at the same time it's incredibly sexy. It has all the appeal of a floral-scented perfume, yet the spicy kick from the rhubarb, ginger and patchouli makes this fragrance so different and so appealing.

For the life of me I cannot understand why they are discontinuing this fragrance. I test many scents, yet it has been quite a while since a fragrance of this kind has grabbed my attention. I do hope to purchase this fragrance so that I can wear it during Winter next year.

I must add that the lasting strength is amazing, lasted on my skin the whole day. The sillage is also good, not overpowering but heavy enough to leave a light trail. I cannot wait to get my hands on a bottle.

05 June, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Quite the wonderful "baked goods" style scent. It's a foody fruity sweet with a light powdery note. Some florals round out the fragrance into a special occasion scent.

04 July, 2010

beautyinthemundane's avatar
    beautyinthemundane

Love this! It's definitely the rhubarb note which gets me every time- the perfect tangy edge to steer this way from being just another red/pink/purple berry/fruity floral. Of all those sweet 'pudding' scents out there which have recently become popular, I'd say this one is significantly more cleverly done as for starters it retains a certain freshness, possibly thanks to the ginger and lightly used citrus. Although this is a flanker to the original Burberry Brit, it really is quite different. I personally found Brit a little too vanilla and struggled to pick up the other components, which in itself isn't a bad thing for me personally, but I was a little disappointed it didn't have more to it. Brit Red on the other hand is far more complex and also very versatile: it is dynamic & makes its presence known, whilst not being so strong and sophisticated as to only be for evening/special occasion wear: you could also wear this for work, shopping etc too, whilst making a bit of a statement if you did. Brit Red is impossibly warm (& so tricky to wear in summer, but not impossible if used sparingly), seductive, alluring, rich and delicious...a truly lovely scent!

07 March, 2010

Promethea's avatar
    Promethea

Very surprised to find how much that I was repulsed by this - I am generally very fond of of spicy, foodie smells and couldn't wait to try this. The descriptions of the notes elsewhere seem accurate enough, it's just that somehow it all adds up to a mixture that is, to my nose, utterly nauseating. I want to love it the way the other reviewers love it because from their descriptions, this scent should be perfect and I feel I'm missing out hugely. Ah well, off to gift it to one of my relatives who may love it more than me.

17 February, 2009