Acqua di Parma Profumo (1930)
by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma Profumo information

Year of Launch1930

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchAcqua di Parma

About Acqua di Parma Profumo

Acqua di Parma Profumo is a feminine perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 1930

Acqua di Parma Profumo fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Profumo

This is the smoothest most sophisticated Chypre I have in my collection. I really love this Chypre because it is a complex inhale like tasting a complex wine. I get all the stages in layers in each inhale. Love it! Most Chypres like Mitsouko and even Magie Noire smell best after 30 minutes on my skin but Profumo smells fantastic and complex as soon as it hits my skin.
22nd November, 2017
The most sophisticated and lovely chypre I've ever smelled. This scent is slightly more delicate and less fruited than Mitsouko and less exuberantly animalic than The Party in Manhattan or Jubilation 25, but more beautifully balanced than any of those mentioned. I bought a full bottle of the vintage version and wore it repeatedly until I got depressed about its lack of sillage and longevity. (I seem to have this problem fairly frequently.) If only it lasted a bit better and made its appearance a bit more known, I would continue to spend all time seeking out those impossible to find (and ridiculously expensive) maroon boxes, just to revel in its perfect pitch and refined elegance.

Stunningly lovely!
04th October, 2017
Tremendous class, sophistication and style are embodied in this marvelous scent. It is one of those very rare scents one comes across only a few times in one's life: totally original and so well balanced/blended that no one note or notes stand out.

I am able to detect - or get the impression of - civet, rose, bergamot, carnation and cinnamon. A bed of soft florals wafts through the experience. This is what I would have expected Audrey Hepburn to favor, as it sums up for me her on screen personality - poised, elegant and refined.

The subtle carnation note brings to mind Guerlain's Sous Le Vent, created for the unique personality of Josephine Baker.

Quite pricey, but worth every penny.
26th October, 2016
Genre: Chypre

Acqua di Parma Profumo is an exquisitely poised powdery-dry floral chypre. It’s slightly sweeter and softer than Givenchy III, with a creamy iris note that brings to mind Chanel’s 31 Rue Cambon. The Acqua di Parma is drier and lighter than the Chanel however, and also more obviously floral in its heart. It’s definitely not the dark chypre of Mitsouko or Baghari. Indeed, there is a luminous quality to this scent that I find irresistible. Acqua di Parma Profumo even induces in me that rare wistful sense - so close to heartbreaking - that I experience with Apres l’Ondee and En Passant.

Acqua di Parma Profumo is simply a beautiful thing, a scent that embodies classical perfection: nothing could be added, nor anything removed, that would not diminish it. While it could, I suppose, be unisex, it seems to me so delicately pretty that it belongs on a woman. But there perhaps I’m just being sexist. I suggest anybody with a serious interest in fragrance give this a try. Whether you ultimately want to wear it or not, it’s an outstanding example of balance and proportion in perfume composition.
09th June, 2014
When we tread somewhere with angels at our side.

In the Summer of 1995 the Galleria degli Uffizi in Florence was undergoing some restoration and a big part of the artworks was not for visitation. One says "oh, no" for who knows when it's going to be, if ever, it the next time in the City of the Medici. Anyway, making the most of it there I went following the pre organized way to the gallery. I came to a point in which I had to open a door. It was dark on the other side. I took some time to adjust my eyes to the dim light and then saw a guard at the other end of the room, a small bench near the centre and, covering almost the whole wall, magnificent in inderect light, in air conditioned temperature, Sandro Botticelli's The Birth of Venus. Not knowing the real actual size of the painting, I was completely took by surprse, a very good surprise. There was the bench. I could sit and admire, for as long as I liked. There were few Japanese tourists in those days, in the 90's.

Well, that's the feeling of smelling Profumo for the first time. I mean the 2000 Profumo, EDP, in the burgandy hard box. Although the Acqua di Parma scent is very close to Guerlain Mitsouko, the notes presented here must be just the heart ones, or any other good chypre, one thing makes it apart from the others, even from my beloved Miss M. Profumo is dense, thick and full body like an aged and refined ruby port. It feels heavy, but it'snot its own fault, we are too used to watery transparent scents of our times. Also, Profumo makes me have a glimpsy of what the old classics, like Mitsouko, smelt like then, when they were all like young vampires. Profumo is buttery, and as such one feels it could be cut in slices, to be spread onto the skin instead of spraying it. It is like seeing face to face, a painting you saw so many times in books and magazines, in films, just to realise it is much more than whatever you had dreamed before. Profumo brings voices from the past to deaf ears of the present. It takes a lot of sensitiveness to appreciate Beauty, as Italians are able to do so well.

Although I think they belong to the same genre, and therefore smell alike, Mitsouko and AdP Profumo stand on their own feet. I love both. And I am a man.
15th April, 2014
Sumptuous

Profumo

Smooth, sensuous, and sumptuous are words that come to mind whenever I wear this. To my nose, it's more of an oriental than a true chypre; my bottle dates to the 1970s so possibly the formulation has changed since then.

Utterly feminine and gently insistent---others will notice your fragrance but never feel overwhelmed by it. The florals take center stage throughout the development. No one flower stands out; they're beautifully blended into a homogenous mixture of softness and depth. I notice the ambery note in the heart more than the labdanum; I think that is what keeps the fragrance from being too sweet. The woody basenotes are equally smooth and blended. Absolutely lovely drydown that seems to last forever.

Sillage is moderate and longevity is excellent, over 12 hours on my skin. Wearable for any occasion, I think, but especially for romantic nights out.

Pros: Smooth, rich, complex, long lasting
Cons: None"

19th September, 2013

ACQUA DI PARMA PROFUMO SPRAY EAU DE PARFUM EDP 50 ML & ORIGINAL WHITE BOX NIB

• USD $190.00
  • Time Left: 16 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Acqua Di Parma Profumo by Acqua Di Parma Eau De Parfum Spray (Tester) 3.4 oz for

• USD $264.99