Acqua di Parma Profumo (1930)
    by Acqua di Parma

Average Rating: 4

Based on 89 ratings

Acqua di Parma Profumo Fragrance Notes

Acqua di Parma Profumo information

Acqua di Parma Profumo is a women's fragrance by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 1930

Shop for Acqua di Parma Profumo products online

100ml EdP
    $312.81*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 187.00)

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Profumo

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Chypre

Acqua di Parma Profumo is an exquisitely poised powdery-dry floral chypre. Itís slightly sweeter and softer than Givenchy III, with a creamy iris note that brings to mind Chanelís 31 Rue Cambon. The Acqua di Parma is drier and lighter than the Chanel however, and also more obviously floral in its heart. Itís definitely not the dark chypre of Mitsouko or Baghari. Indeed, there is a luminous quality to this scent that I find irresistible. Acqua di Parma Profumo even induces in me that rare wistful sense - so close to heartbreaking - that I experience with Apres líOndee and En Passant.

Acqua di Parma Profumo is simply a beautiful thing, a scent that embodies classical perfection: nothing could be added, nor anything removed, that would not diminish it. While it could, I suppose, be unisex, it seems to me so delicately pretty that it belongs on a woman. But there perhaps Iím just being sexist. I suggest anybody with a serious interest in fragrance give this a try. Whether you ultimately want to wear it or not, itís an outstanding example of balance and proportion in perfume composition.

09 June, 2014

prosperonline's avatar

Brazil Brazil

When we tread somewhere with angels at our side.

In the Summer of 1995 the Galleria degli Uffizi in Florence was undergoing some restoration and a big part of the artworks was not for visitation. One says "oh, no" for who knows when it's going to be, if ever, it the next time in the City of the Medici. Anyway, making the most of it there I went following the pre organized way to the gallery. I came to a point in which I had to open a door. It was dark on the other side. I took some time to adjust my eyes to the dim light and then saw a guard at the other end of the room, a small bench near the centre and, covering almost the whole wall, magnificent in inderect light, in air conditioned temperature, Sandro Botticelli's The Birth of Venus. Not knowing the real actual size of the painting, I was completely took by surprse, a very good surprise. There was the bench. I could sit and admire, for as long as I liked. There were few Japanese tourists in those days, in the 90's.

Well, that's the feeling of smelling Profumo for the first time. I mean the 2000 Profumo, EDP, in the burgandy hard box. Although the Acqua di Parma scent is very close to Guerlain Mitsouko, the notes presented here must be just the heart ones, or any other good chypre, one thing makes it apart from the others, even from my beloved Miss M. Profumo is dense, thick and full body like an aged and refined ruby port. It feels heavy, but it'snot its own fault, we are too used to watery transparent scents of our times. Also, Profumo makes me have a glimpsy of what the old classics, like Mitsouko, smelt like then, when they were all like young vampires. Profumo is buttery, and as such one feels it could be cut in slices, to be spread onto the skin instead of spraying it. It is like seeing face to face, a painting you saw so many times in books and magazines, in films, just to realise it is much more than whatever you had dreamed before. Profumo brings voices from the past to deaf ears of the present. It takes a lot of sensitiveness to appreciate Beauty, as Italians are able to do so well.

Although I think they belong to the same genre, and therefore smell alike, Mitsouko and AdP Profumo stand on their own feet. I love both. And I am a man.

15 April, 2014

dlane1953's avatar

Sumptuous

Profumo

Smooth, sensuous, and sumptuous are words that come to mind whenever I wear this. To my nose, it's more of an oriental than a true chypre; my bottle dates to the 1970s so possibly the formulation has changed since then.

Utterly feminine and gently insistent---others will notice your fragrance but never feel overwhelmed by it. The florals take center stage throughout the development. No one flower stands out; they're beautifully blended into a homogenous mixture of softness and depth. I notice the ambery note in the heart more than the labdanum; I think that is what keeps the fragrance from being too sweet. The woody basenotes are equally smooth and blended. Absolutely lovely drydown that seems to last forever.

Sillage is moderate and longevity is excellent, over 12 hours on my skin. Wearable for any occasion, I think, but especially for romantic nights out.

Pros: Smooth, rich, complex, long lasting
    Cons: None"

19 September, 2013

Ms Rochambeau's avatar

When reviewing this, it must be made clear whether you're talking about the vintage or reformulated version. The vintage has an old-school chypre structure, complete with citrus in the opening and oakmoss peeking it's head out througout the middle and the drydown! I'm wearing it now and it is nowhere near a powdery white floral. The vintage version is so close to Mitsouko that if you like Mitsouko, you'll love vintage Acqua Di Parma Profumo. It's terribly hard to find in full bottles,and when you do, it's more expensive than the reformulated version, which I've seen for as much as $250 or more! However, there are lots of 5 ml minis avalable on ebay. Look for the Burgundy-colored box that's usually pictured beside it.

03 June, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Huge, billowy, orchestral floral which demands a carpet unrolling in front of every step the wearer takes. The floral notes are so well-blended that they give rise to all sorts of permutations over the hours this lasts Ė starting from a gorgeous vendange tardive gewŁrztraminer opening that morphs into luscious plum to varied pink and white floral bouquets. They don't make them like this anymore and therein a caveat: this is full-on, old-fashioned perfume-making, a world away from bland fruity-florals or lightsteppers, and can appear somewhat behind the times. Don't care much for the old makeup note that inhabits the drydown, but there is plenty of glorious floral cover to make me overlook it. Stately.

18 May, 2012

's avatar

I don't know for certain whether this is new or vintage, but some of the reviews I've read suggest I must have an older version. A very powerful opening that smells almost masculine on me, followed by some lovely florals and (the best part for a chypre lover) a fantastic mossy drydown that goes on forever. If only it weren't so expensive I would enjoy it every day.

04 April, 2012

Add your review of Acqua di Parma Profumo

Search for on eBay United States

Acqua Di Parma 8pcs sample vials - Profumo, Acqua Nobile Gelsomino Magnolia Iris
    • Time Left: 29 days
    • Time Left: 10 days
    ACQUA DI PARMA PROFUMO EAU DE PARFUM VAPORISATEUR 150 ML / 5OZ. NIB
    • Time Left: 9 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    acqua di parma profumo eau de parfum 1.7 fl oz.
    • Time Left:
    Acqua Di Parma Profumo 5 oz / 150 ML Eau de Parfum RARE
    • Time Left: 5 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Acqua Di Parma Profumo, Acqua Magnolia Nobile--3 pcs assorted sample spray vials
    • Time Left: 5 days