Flowerbomb (2004)

PerfumerDomitille Bertier
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Flowerbomb

Flowerbomb is a feminine perfume by Viktor & Rolf. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Domitille Bertier, Carlos Benaim and Olivier Polge. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Flowerbomb fragrance notes

Reviews of Flowerbomb

When I first heard of the name Flowerbomb I knew to give this one a miss. Full-on florals, which the name implies, are the one category I just don't do. A while later I smelled a dry/woody only slightly sweet fragrance on a colleague. It was fairly low-key and rather pleasant. She told me it was Flowerbomb. After that I tested it myself and found it wouldn't work for me. But on other people, especially on that girl, I found it rather pleasant. I can only conclude now that I must have come across a statistical cluster of people with a very light trigger finger.
Come to think of it, that girl must have had an unusual body chemistry. On her the old Dior Addict seemed to have a woody/cinnamon quality which is usually doesn't have.

We have since moved to a different area, one where every other female seems to use Flowerbomb. And they're not shy in the application of it. I'm in a public facing line of work, and at least once every day I get almost knocked down by a veritable force field of this stuff.
So while I started out as on the fence about Flowerbomb, it is now what garlic is meant to be to vampires.

Often one can appreciate a fragrance just for the idea and artistic effort, even if they don't work for everyone. In this case the end result smells exceptionally shallow and cheap. Nothing seems to even aspire to reflect the listed notes. It only consists of generic artificial sweetness and equally fake shallow patchouli.

Normally I'm content to avoid trivial fragrances and don't bother reviewing them. But with the obnoxious omnipresence of this stuff I just have to.
17th April, 2015

Yes FLOWER BOMB!A Needful example for any professional Collection.Definitely pure Tempting in a Bottle!Elaborate like all creates By Carlos Benaim& Olivier Polge.Classy,Romantic, Appealing,Expensive,Feminine,Gorgeous,Hot and Elegant.

The scent is definitely more Floral.In fact Sophisticated scent of Floral.The refreshing top of Bergamot.It is Sweet but not too sweet.Great notes that makes it High Class and Feminine as it command attention.

The bottle is as Bold as The is fantastic for ROMANTIC mood like a Bomb!A Beautiful perfume for a Beautiful Lady.Heavy for daily Use but Great for EVENING.Surely for WINTER.If you like a Expensive Smell for your wife this one just for you.

Longevity?You can spray it in the Evening and it will stay with you until the Morning.

15th April, 2015
A bit over-the-top... people love don't mind the fragrance. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Very floral for when you want to get noticed. The floral/rose scent is okay... but... maybe it is the patchouli... there is something in there that I don't really LOVE. I wear it, but won't buy it again.
04th April, 2015
Flowerbomb opens with an overwhelming blast of sugar and juicy-fruity notes with a subtle and quite weird sort of tomato-pimiento aftertaste (I thought of red pepper, but I don’t see it listed, so perhaps it may be due to the tea note whatever they built it with). Gallons of galaxolide provide a shampoo feel, adding power to an already quite nuclear and sickening concoction. Still, I also get some herbal-green nuances which I quite enjoy, that manage to add something fresh and crisp to this candy in a bottle. Honestly though, I get quite the “bomb” but not the “floral”, as Flowerbomb is basically more a sort of sugary-green gourmand with a warm heart supported by patchouli, and dusted with a powdery shade – these must be the flowers, but they’re so light and generic they could be anything. Just a whiff of soapy feel. Boring yet everlasting drydown. Intergalactically far from being a masterpiece, and still much far from being actually just barely good; but I won’t consider it a complete disaster, I guess fruity gourmand lovers may like this – in the end, it’s the same stuff many niche brands do at twice the price. Just – please! – apply it sparingly.

(did it really take all those people to make this?)

16th December, 2014
This is memorable for me as one of the worst fragrances ever. A salesperson sprayed my arm & I immediately felt as if I'd been flea bombed. Horrible! I hurried to a restroom to wash it off but still had a headache within a couple of minutes. An hour from home, I smelled it all the way back & even a shower didn't fully remove this mess. Hence my 5 stars for longevity. There is nothing in the list of components which I haven't previously worn and enjoyed, so maybe there's an odd synthetic in the mix?
10th July, 2014
Head-clearing top notes energize me.It wears down smooth and sexy.Don't know the vernacular yet, but I have the nose of a Bloodhound.I am EXTREMELY picky, there are only a handful of Fragrances I can wear without running to the shower and changing my clothes.I love it,from start to finish.
23rd April, 2014

Add your review of Flowerbomb

Shop for Flowerbomb products online

Shop for Flowerbomb at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Flowerbomb

Member images of Flowerbomb

There are no member images of Flowerbomb yet. Why not be the first?