Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia (2004)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia information

Year of Launch2004

Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

Initially smells very similar to Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf
03rd April, 2013
Top: mandarin, grapefruit, mint
Heart: rose, jasmine, green tea
Base: Atlas Cedar and woodsy notes.

At this point, this is probably my favorite mint scent because of the fact I don't really like mint as a fragrance. Mentafollia has a lot more going on than mint, which pleases my requirement for modulation of this note. And this one is taken in a soft, fresh, summer-air direction, so it's really quite lovely.
The opening is a fresh, light-handed citrus mint combination which scintillates. There is a slight green tea note in the opening, which, as most teas notes, is mid-tone and moderating, so it mellows the mint to a pleasing degree.
As the citrus dissipates, what comes in is the light soft rose/jasmine accord, and a strengthening of the green tea note. I think the top and mid notes are blended quite well. They seem to flow into each other fairly unnoticeably, and nothing is jumping up and down saying "Me, me!". In other words, it has a cohesive light summer ambiance. The mint at this point is mint tea that syncs well with the florals.
The drydown becomes slightly sharper, lightly wooded, but keeps a mint and tea vibe.
This one evolves and has enough complexity to keep my interest, and what I consider a successful main theme, an airy pretty one that appeals to me. It is also fairly long-lasting for an effervescent summer scent. Besides, I like the name.
26th January, 2013 (last edited: 25th March, 2013)
It's very very green. Apart from the mint green leaves and the grapefruit notes I can't smell the rose and tea that is supposed to be in this! It smells very fresh but apart from that I don't really have much more to say about it. This perfume is simple but effective. And it's possibly unisex too but I'm still debating this with myself.
12th April, 2012
Well, I'll have to write quickly to get this review off, as the last few drops of my bottle of Aqua Allegoria MENTAFOLLIA are now mingling with my skin and will soon dissipate forever into the cosmos. I was reminded of this composition by HERBA FRESCA, mainly because I was so surprised that there should be two mint entries in the AA series. When I reached for my bottle of MENTAFOLLIA, I was also surprised to find that I had drained nearly all of the 75ml. I even had to wrench off the nozzle in order to access the last little bit!

To my nose, MENTAFOLLIA is a successful aromatherapeutic mint composition. This is mostly about mint, with an emphasis on spearmint, but some green tea leaves are present as well, ultimately producing something akin to the aroma of Moroccan mint tea. Although mint festivals are not really my idea of the basis for a bona fide perfume, I don't think that MENTAFOLLIA ever aspired to be such a thing. I regard this as a unisex cologne for hot weather wear. This relatively simple combination of notes is super fresh and super clean, in addition to being uplifting.

MENTAFOLLIA reminds me somewhat of the BBW TRANQUIL MINT line, which explicitly claims to be aromatherapeutic, and this composition is that to me. I would definitely consider replenishing my now-depleted supply of this refreshing cologne, so I'm obliged to give MENTAFOLLIA a thumbs up, but with the following caveat:

21st September, 2011
cello Show all reviews
I think this is a great mint fragrance! It smells like fresh, crushed mint leaves in the opening which is quite a vivid smell. It is very brisk and green. The heart brings a soft, pink rose with green foliage keeping it sharp. The florals are very faint, and a hint of powder accompanies the rose. The whole experience closes with a soft cedar, bringing this summer heat beater to a close.

This last much longer than I expected. Thumbs up for an interesting, easy and green summer fragrance.
18th September, 2011 (last edited: 14th March, 2012)
Oh-my-mint, fresh-mint, dirty-mint, cloying-mint... it's a mint-fest all round, all over and for all too long. The growing mint aversion inspires a sponge bath or a moist toilette and the application of something oriental or something else - anything without mint - until, suddenly, one becomes aware of a rising jasmine and just the whisper of rose. Perhaps there is some cedar in the background holding these notes together and not allowing them to create a sweet and sour-mint melange with green tea vase water that is still fresh but will become awful tomorrow. There is much sophistication in this composition. It is measured and perhaps as good as mint can be. I prefer mint crushed under foot with its aromas rising fresh and pure. I consider this an experiment or a perfumery assignment. This is probably as good as mint can be but one cannot escape the thought that one might eat mint sweets and achieve a more pleasant minty waft.
30th July, 2010

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia products online

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia yet. Why not be the first?