Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia (2004)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia information

Year of Launch2004

HouseGuerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

The olfactory impression I had while wearing this was that of a light floral tea flavored with citrus peel shavings and crushed mint leaves. If polite and pleasant company is what you're after, Mentafollia fits the bill. Personally I much prefer her greener, less sedate mint-chewing cousin, Herba Fresca.
20th February, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
Yes, there is mint in this one, definitely, but never as a solo performer. A hesperidic-citrus combination is also present in the top notes. Initially, there is more of grapefruit, later on it is more tangerine-heavy.

The best part here is the fact that the mint and the citrus are balanced perfectly well; neither is domineering and this balance is remarkable indeed.

The drydown sees the development of a delightful green tea, accompanied by the concurrent weakening and gradual evaporation of the citrus components. Later on a touch of a soft and quite green jasmine is added.

Later in the base a wood mix develops, initially rather unremarkable. Then, in an unexpected olfactory apotheosis, the mint, tea and cedary wood notes, beautifully smooth now, merge, somewhat creamy and delightfully blended, into an elegantly gracile melange. Very nice a scent from the handbag people.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

An original combination of citrus, mint and wood, very well blended, with none of the notes ever being overriding the other notes - a spring scent of democratic equality, composed of constituents of very good quality, albeit a touch lacking intensity in the heart notes. 3.5/5
03rd February, 2017
Initially smells very similar to Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf
03rd April, 2013
Top: mandarin, grapefruit, mint
Heart: rose, jasmine, green tea
Base: Atlas Cedar and woodsy notes.

At this point, this is probably my favorite mint scent because of the fact I don't really like mint as a fragrance. Mentafollia has a lot more going on than mint, which pleases my requirement for modulation of this note. And this one is taken in a soft, fresh, summer-air direction, so it's really quite lovely.
The opening is a fresh, light-handed citrus mint combination which scintillates. There is a slight green tea note in the opening, which, as most teas notes, is mid-tone and moderating, so it mellows the mint to a pleasing degree.
As the citrus dissipates, what comes in is the light soft rose/jasmine accord, and a strengthening of the green tea note. I think the top and mid notes are blended quite well. They seem to flow into each other fairly unnoticeably, and nothing is jumping up and down saying "Me, me!". In other words, it has a cohesive light summer ambiance. The mint at this point is mint tea that syncs well with the florals.
The drydown becomes slightly sharper, lightly wooded, but keeps a mint and tea vibe.
This one evolves and has enough complexity to keep my interest, and what I consider a successful main theme, an airy pretty one that appeals to me. It is also fairly long-lasting for an effervescent summer scent. Besides, I like the name.
26th January, 2013 (last edited: 25th March, 2013)
It's very very green. Apart from the mint green leaves and the grapefruit notes I can't smell the rose and tea that is supposed to be in this! It smells very fresh but apart from that I don't really have much more to say about it. This perfume is simple but effective. And it's possibly unisex too but I'm still debating this with myself.
12th April, 2012
Well, I'll have to write quickly to get this review off, as the last few drops of my bottle of Aqua Allegoria MENTAFOLLIA are now mingling with my skin and will soon dissipate forever into the cosmos. I was reminded of this composition by HERBA FRESCA, mainly because I was so surprised that there should be two mint entries in the AA series. When I reached for my bottle of MENTAFOLLIA, I was also surprised to find that I had drained nearly all of the 75ml. I even had to wrench off the nozzle in order to access the last little bit!

To my nose, MENTAFOLLIA is a successful aromatherapeutic mint composition. This is mostly about mint, with an emphasis on spearmint, but some green tea leaves are present as well, ultimately producing something akin to the aroma of Moroccan mint tea. Although mint festivals are not really my idea of the basis for a bona fide perfume, I don't think that MENTAFOLLIA ever aspired to be such a thing. I regard this as a unisex cologne for hot weather wear. This relatively simple combination of notes is super fresh and super clean, in addition to being uplifting.

MENTAFOLLIA reminds me somewhat of the BBW TRANQUIL MINT line, which explicitly claims to be aromatherapeutic, and this composition is that to me. I would definitely consider replenishing my now-depleted supply of this refreshing cologne, so I'm obliged to give MENTAFOLLIA a thumbs up, but with the following caveat:

FOR MINT LOVERS ONLY!!!!
21st September, 2011

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia products online

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia yet. Why not be the first?