Liquid Karl (2004)

Parent Company at launchUnilever > Unilever Cosmetics International

About Liquid Karl

Created Exclusively for H&M

Reviews of Liquid Karl

Strange scent – stranger name, and it is gourmand in a strange way: It smells like fresh bread at first and that morphs into... well, bread pudding is a good description. Then there’s some chocolate and maybe some coffee doing flybys … also a floral (frangipani) and some cedar. It’s listed as a unisex fragrance, but I would call it more masculine than feminine. The frangipani softens the masculinity a little, but the scent remains masculine. I’m not big on gourmands; I would say that this one seems more wearable than most… I won’t seek it out, but I will buy it if I see it somewhere. It’s really okay... I can’t quite get over the name.

17th October, 2008
Delicious gourmand fragrance which for some reason I find very feminine. That`s why I gave it to my girlfriend, and she enjoys it very much. Actually, it is her all time favourite.

Heavy on cardamon, this actually manages to smell like some sort of spicy bread or arabian spice cake at he begin. Very tasty and edible.

The spicy notes doesn`t last that long, and the base is quite boring story of soft woods and musk with a hint of cocoa powder thrown along.

Funny looking bottle, which I actually like very much. This limeted edition fragrance was a long time ago discontinued, and so very hard to find these days.
14th September, 2008
Yummy bread pudding in a bottle, all buttery and dripping with a zillion calories. Syrupy, warm, spicy, almost freakishly gourmand. (I wanted to eat my own freakin' arm.)

I'm not a huge fan of the gourmand clan, though, so it's off to the chopping block with this bad boy. Bye bye, bread pudding!
12th October, 2007
I picked this up for about $5 at a sale, I thought it was worth the price, no more, no less. Today when my nose is more refined I appreciate it more because I actually pick up the notes like bread and spices. Before I did I thought it was sort of nondescript and I still find it a little plain.
It's a soft, warm, round, sweet, golden scent without edge. A bit too musty for me, without being interestingly animalic musty. Not decidedly sweet and foody, not very spicy, without citrusy freshness, perhaps a little boozy, in short a scent with very round edges. A little too round for me, but still a nice comfort scent.
14th August, 2006
Was supposed to be called Hunger at first, mainly cause it smells a lot like bread. But the name was judged too controversial and this EdT was launched together with Lagerfelds clothes collection for Hennes & Mauritz, and was only available for a short time in those stores. It is pretty avant-garde, especially compared to earlier KL fragrances. Starts out just like a spiced loaf of bread (and I mean EXACTLY like bread - unique) but fades into a much more ordinary warm, ambery mix quite rapidly. Traded mine away, thought it was to feminine for me.
26th September, 2005

Add your review of Liquid Karl

Shop for Liquid Karl products online

Search Amazon for Liquid Karl

Member images of Liquid Karl

There are no member images of Liquid Karl yet. Why not be the first?