Lavandula (2004)
    by Penhaligon's

Lavandula Fragrance Notes

Shop for Lavandula products online

Reviews of Lavandula

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.
    positive 12 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Elzéard's avatar
    Elzéard

A very natural representation of lavender. I don't think I would ever commit to buying this, but should a desire for lavender beckon, I couldn't imagine this fragrance being anything but entirely satisfying.

27 July, 2012

cello's avatar
    cello

I'm not a fan of lavender as a prominent note in a fragrance, in fact, it can ofter seem very shrill and almost headache inducing to me - or maybe it is just overused in so many products these days.
    But I liked this Penhaligon take on the note. It is lavender, and it is pretty much only about lavender, but it seems the few supporting notes are made good use of.
    The opening lavender is supported by additional herbal notes, but it also feels slightly creamy rather than shrill. Very soft florals join in, possibly also contributing to the creamy feel. There is a natural, earthy feel to this herb/floral concoction.
    Lavandula fades to a slightly sweeter drydown, with a soft musk and vanilla - still lavender, but just a whisper of the opening strength.
    Very nice take on what can be an overpowering and overused note. It could be the lavender for lavender wary!

31st May, 2011

bokaba's avatar
    bokaba

Lavendula, despite being created in 2004, smells quite classic indeed. The opening is a realistic, somewhat floral lavender followed by a sweet floral heart (Lily of the Valley) and a light musky/ambery base. Not bad at all, but decidedly to feminine for a man to wear. It reminds of an innocent sweet lavender perfume that a Victorian young lady might have worn.

09 March, 2011

Nile_Etland's avatar
    Nile_Etland

I love the smell of lavender - in the garden I have loads of it growing & I often have lavender candles burning around the house, but as a personal fragrance lavender is the sort of thing I'll sometimes spritz myself with at bedtime but rarely want to use as a perfume during the day.

This lavender fragrance starts on me with a herby - almost basilic - air, unusual, but not unpleasant, however I have to be honest and say that I have been a fan of Caldey Island lavender for many years and I still believe that's the best you can get.

Buy Lavandula if you must, but once the green herby note has faded this remains a pretty average example of the genus and not to be compared with the Caldey Island version.

15 October, 2010

rhodes22's avatar
    rhodes22

One of the top three lavenders IMHO . . . wife loves it as one of her favorites . . . strong silage and lasts and lasts
    Two thumbs up

11th August, 2009

TaraYvonne's avatar
    TaraYvonne

I'm thinking this is a very dark, earthy lavender. I like it actually. It smells like lavender yanked out of the ground, the stems lightly crushed so you get a green, vegetal hint and they barely shook the dirt from the roots before they pressed all the essentials out of it and bottled it. I disagree that it doesn't smell fresh, or that it smells like an old English lady, lol. I've been there and none of their old ladies smell this lovely. I hate, and I mean hate to wear lavender on my body. I have never found one that I can wear. This is can and will. It was less putrid floral and more damp earth and it was a good combination. My only complaint is that is didn't last long on me. I had to apply to my clothing and smooth a little down my hair for it to stay with me for a few hours.

26 January, 2009