Lavandula (2004)

About Lavandula

Lavandula is a feminine perfume by Penhaligon's. The scent was launched in 2004

Lavandula fragrance notes

Reviews of Lavandula

I purchased Lavandula a few days ago from Penhaligon's after testing it a couple of times. This is an extraordinary fragrance but since it is marketed as feminine and it is Lavender centered after all, I suggest to any man interested in fougeres not to shy away. It is a herbaceous, fresh and rather dry composition with a bit of floral sweetness (depending on the temperature), all of this making it soothing, gentle and well balanced. It leaves a gorgeous discreet trail in the air around the wearer. Be aware not to over-apply because it may turn cloying. It is a perfume that I would have never considered if I hadn't tested it. I admit that the 60% discount was very advantageous and so I am quite pleased as this is a very distinct and well-crafted day scent which was what I was looking for. It is an edp but it is not a monster of silage ... in fact it has that certain Penhaligon's soapiness and transparency. If you consider Lavandula apart from the somewhat conservative pedigree of Penhaligon's, you may too find it to be a very well executed and even eccentric fougere. Overall, as pleasing as this perfume may be to me, it certainly is a try-before-you-buy.
04th January, 2015
Elzéard Show all reviews
A very natural representation of lavender. I don't think I would ever commit to buying this, but should a desire for lavender beckon, I couldn't imagine this fragrance being anything but entirely satisfying.
27th July, 2012
cello Show all reviews
I'm not a fan of lavender as a prominent note in a fragrance, in fact, it can ofter seem very shrill and almost headache inducing to me - or maybe it is just overused in so many products these days.
But I liked this Penhaligon take on the note. It is lavender, and it is pretty much only about lavender, but it seems the few supporting notes are made good use of.
The opening lavender is supported by additional herbal notes, but it also feels slightly creamy rather than shrill. Very soft florals join in, possibly also contributing to the creamy feel. There is a natural, earthy feel to this herb/floral concoction.
Lavandula fades to a slightly sweeter drydown, with a soft musk and vanilla - still lavender, but just a whisper of the opening strength.
Very nice take on what can be an overpowering and overused note. It could be the lavender for lavender wary!
31st May, 2011
bokaba Show all reviews
Lavendula, despite being created in 2004, smells quite classic indeed. The opening is a realistic, somewhat floral lavender followed by a sweet floral heart (Lily of the Valley) and a light musky/ambery base. Not bad at all, but decidedly to feminine for a man to wear. It reminds of an innocent sweet lavender perfume that a Victorian young lady might have worn.
09th March, 2011
I love the smell of lavender - in the garden I have loads of it growing & I often have lavender candles burning around the house, but as a personal fragrance lavender is the sort of thing I'll sometimes spritz myself with at bedtime but rarely want to use as a perfume during the day.

This lavender fragrance starts on me with a herby - almost basilic - air, unusual, but not unpleasant, however I have to be honest and say that I have been a fan of Caldey Island lavender for many years and I still believe that's the best you can get.

Buy Lavandula if you must, but once the green herby note has faded this remains a pretty average example of the genus and not to be compared with the Caldey Island version.
15th October, 2010
One of the top three lavenders IMHO . . . wife loves it as one of her favorites . . . strong silage and lasts and lasts
Two thumbs up
11th August, 2009

Add your review of Lavandula

Shop for Lavandula products online

Shop for Lavandula at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lavandula

Member images of Lavandula

There are no member images of Lavandula yet. Why not be the first?