Average Rating: 3

Based on 48 ratings

Cédre Fragrance Notes

Cédre information

Cédre is a unisex fragrance by 06130 Zéro Six Cent-Trente. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of Cédre

Showing 1 to 6 of 13 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

Cèdre’s top notes include the kind of crisp citrus, violet leaf, and dash of calone that usher in countless mass market fragrances for men. Hardly an original or inspired opening for a niche fragrance. Nutmeg, cardamom, clean musk, and a pencil-shavings cedar note paint a familiar picture as the scent develops, and true to its introduction, Cèdre accords strictly with the conventions of woody-aquatic masculine perfumery, as bounded by Light Blue pour Homme, Aqua di Gio, and Bulgari Aqua. This last, with its indolic jasmine middle note, is more complex and interesting than Cèdre and available at a fraction of the price.

Cèdre’s drydown is no more ambitious or stimulating than what precedes it, consisting as it does of the lingering white musk, cedar, and a (mercifully) light woody amber. In sum, Cèdre is competent, boring, and superfluous.

11th June, 2014

Tony T's avatar

Stays close

a basic skin scent. lasts about 2 hours. I like it but can't justify a FB. just used my sample up. the scent is light cedar from beginning to end. must try yuzu next..

Pros: light/fresh cedar
    Cons: not enough"

30th July, 2013

Darvant's avatar

This kind of smell is very familiar to me (at least at the beginning) and is a reminiscence of some old and cheap masculine eau de cologne of the past, apart the final creamy "modern" touch. The type of "splashing" aqueous effect, its barber shop kind of traditional " airy exoticism", remind  me immediately the Drakkar Noir's formula (just in some of its facets) and the smell i often used to inhale  in my childwood when my dad  carry me to the barber shop-hairdresser  in order they to coiffure there my hairs. What i catch in the air is a crisp blast of citrus-lavender, a punch of sweet exotic spices, a starring violet note over a clean and watery musky, ambery and cedary base. I also note a sort of calone (or may be is just the watery effect from the citrus-lavender that i feel) in the air but this element comes  out just in the dry down on the side of a touch of creamy amber-vanilla that is vague, due to balance a bit the fruity-floral water but also in my opinion able to compromise the general work. A toned down, dated in concept (final smoothness apart) and faintly projecting scent.

16 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 March, 2012)

The opening leaves a lot to be desired - it's too ordinary. The use of woods in Cedre is very well done, but I don't care for the combination of spices. My main problem with it, though, is the super powerful violet note that attacks me with a vengeance. I'm patiently waiting for the violet craze to run its course.

05 December, 2010

's avatar

This is the best skin fragrance I have ever worn. It is not complex (an overused word) and I'm not one to wax on about such things. Cedre is simply a very well made frag that will have people thinking it is how you smell naturally.

14 October, 2009

ChrisJPN's avatar

Japan Japan

Is it just me or is this basically Dune Pour Homme with absolutely no longevity? It smells better than Dune but it's so inoffensive, so light and bland that it just all seems so.... pointless. It's a pleasant scent but I can't imagine ever choosing to wear this and I regret even spending the $3 on the sample. I'll vote neutral because it isn't unwearable but it's just completely insignificant.

09 September, 2009