Spirit (2004)

Spirit information

Spirit is a men's fragrance by Antonio Banderas. The scent was launched in 2004

Shop for Spirit products online

Reviews of Spirit

Showing 1 to 6 of 13 reviews.

MadKat's avatar

My husband got this as a gift and it is nice but too light and kinda blah on him however I love wearing this.. Soft but sweet, smokey and spicy. I'm not great at individual notes but I can detect the amber and cinnamon easily with the neroli, frankincense and a touch of patchouli backing them up.. Warm and comforting, I actually prefer this to the woman's version which I also have.

Throw is low at skin to a couple inches only and lasts 4 hours on me. Easily passes as a woman's scent

13 June, 2014

The_Cologneist's avatar

Spirit is a pretty nice spicy cheapy. It smells pretty common, nothing extraordinary, but good for its price point. You could get a 3.4 oz bottle for under 20 bucks, and this is better than most designer fragrances in its note/classification. I own both this and the VIP edition, the differences are subtle, and I prefer the original slightly more, because it emphasizes more on the apple note instead of the spices.

Spirit opens up with a blast of apple, cinnamon, and amber. This gets compared to Carlos Santana, I can see that, but Santana is far more powdery, and Spirit is much more resinous. As Spirit dries, the patchouli really comes out, and it blends well with the amber, apple, cinnamon. There may be a little musk there in the base, and possibly even ginger somewhere in the mix. Overall it's pretty linear, doesn't change much. The first time I tried it, I thought it smelled like cat piss. I guess the cheap apple note mixing with the amber were giving that effect, and rubbing me the wrong way.

For comparisons, it reminds me of a mix of Carlos Santana and Jacomo Aura, but more dark. The VIP edition is even darker, with an added dark chocolate note and more emphasis on the spices.. probably ginger. They are both pretty similar though. Longevity on this is anywhere from 4-6 hours usually, closer to the 4 hour mark. Not the best, considering it's a spicy fragrance, and I would expect to get at least 8, but it just doesn't happen. Projection is nice, but subtle, does much better on clothing than skin. Compliment factor is high with this one for me. I don't wear it too often, but it always seems to get compliments, which is a plus.

06 May, 2014

silentrich's avatar

Definately spicy and musky. I can't smell any kind of gourmand in this, but it could be my nose isn't as sensitive or experienced as others. To me it's a heavy and sticky musk and spice. It's cheap as can be, but if your looking for a nice cheap fragrance you'd be better off with Mustang Man or for a lighter more clean scent Mustang Blue. Giving this one a D.

03 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 08 March, 2011)

jmaddux23's avatar

Okay, the bottle looks interesting, and since it's an Antonio Banderas cologne, I decide to give it a try. I automatically get hyped up with the sweet and spicy smell. Then, the spiciness subsides, leaving me with an aroma reminiscent of a Hershey bar. I don't like smelling like chocolate, and this makes me both nauseous and let-down. Then, the chocolate smell absorbs into my skin, leaving me susceptible to bee stings. See, even the bees are let-down, and feel betrayed for having to smell something so sweet, alas, not a flower. If you want to squander $15 on a bottle of this, be my guest. Just don't expect the ladies to maul you. If anything, you'll smell like a woman.

22 November, 2009

play's avatar

A. Banderas scents are made by Puig as most know. Spirit smells a lot like Aqua Quorum. The Aqua Quorum has a overly spicy notes that are very annoying to me. In Spirit it's replaced by less spicy and a bit sweet aromatic note- just perfect. I enjoy it so much that I want my room to smell like it.
    I agree w/ castorpollux that it is very underrated. Grab one, you will not regret it.

12 June, 2009

Grottola's avatar

Spirit is an excellent men's fragrance - in fact, I find it to be the best "cheapie" out there.

It's a very warm and spicy scent with hints of tobacco, incense, cinnamon, and spices. It's a very unique smell, and the closest fragrances I can think of that come to this are Allure Homme by Chanel, Carlos Santana for Men, and Burberry London for Men. The fragrance has a nice spicy quality to it. As it dries down, the cinnamon (which I smell the entire time) mingles with musk, amber, patchouli, and incense. Very sexy and unique, and lasts a long time! I get a lot of compliments on Spirit, and for the money, it's absolutely worth a purchase.

27 January, 2009 (Last Edited: 04 January, 2011)

Add your review of Spirit

• Time Left:
    SPIRIT NIGHT FEVER BY Antonio Banderas 3.4oz(100ML) edt for men NEW IN BOX
    • Time Left: 24 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Spirit By Antonio Banderas Perfume Mens Full 0.2oz Bottle Eau De Toilette Gr8NIP
    • Time Left: 25 days