Jitterbug (2003)
    by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Reviews of Jitterbug

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

elusivek's avatar
    elusivek

Vintage inspired

This one is definitely vintage inspired, as in preformulated Jicky type vintage. I couldn't believe how similar it was to Jicky on opening.

It has the same sweet, creamy vanilla opening. Jitterbug does not have the powder element (AMEN!!). Between the spice, citrus, and warm, woody and smooth base, it's complex.

It's sweet without being too so, it's got a floral note but the rose and jasmine counter each other and don't dominate the blend.

It's a grown up fun, carefree, playful scent that's got a bit of sassy sexiness thrown in for good measure.

17 May, 2013

soirdelune's avatar
    soirdelune

I find Jitterbug a muddy, muddly mess. And its so-called 'vintage' properties translate, to my nose, as 'off'. Maybe it *is*off? A sort of caramelised topote and then a fudgy middle that offers no distinguishable notes or progression. Its only redeeming part is its pleasant drydown, which evokes whispers of -- dare I say it -- Tabac Blond. Otherwise, it's a thumbs down from me.

09 October, 2009

Caltha's avatar
    Caltha
    Sweden Sweden

Jitterbug has a cute name and I'm learning the dance so I wanted to like the fragrance. Well, it does smell vintage, but there are many other old or old-fashioned scents out there that are better and have more character. Jitterbug smells mostly warm and powdery to me, with a metallic sharpness. I can't pick out any notes and the blend is not glorious enough to capture my interest despite of that. It also seems to have rather poor throw and staying power, which is somewhat surprising as it "feels" like a rich and heavy oriental. I recommend going for the real thing and grabbing a cheap bottle of Tabu instead for a similar but more captivating effect.

09 June, 2008