Nanadebary Classic Pink (2001)
by Nanadebary

Nanadebary Classic Pink information

Year of Launch2001

About Nanadebary Classic Pink

Nanadebary Classic Pink is a feminine perfume by Nanadebary. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Nanadebary Classic Pink

Tovah Show all reviews
Nanadebary Classic Pink + my chemistry = one helluva sexy fragrance. Many years ago, CCB Paris had a wonderful fragrance called Love, Etc. Nanadebary Pink reminds me of this, but Pink is much more elegant. I've tried thousands of perfumes, and owned hundreds more, yet Nanadebary Pink remains outstanding, and rare. According to, Pink's notes are Bergamot, Ginger, Jasmine, Iris, Sandalwood, Vanilla, and Musk. The notes themselves aren't unique...but whatever magic the perfumer used in this blend makes it a multi-level olfactory experience. In the beginning of wear, Pink is almost innocent; a pure, clear, soft pink with a hint of sugar. As it develops, it becomes strikingly spicy, and an earthier, adventurous pink steals the show. It makes me crave a huge piece of sourcream frosted carrot cake. This is the part of the fragrance that dominates, and lasts the longest. The drydown is extremely unusual for such a spicy fragrance, because it's slightly astringent, and almost soapy; a glass of pink lemonade after the cake. Sandalwood and jasmine emerge as a soft, graceful woodiness, but the ginger note lingers in the back of my throat, like a memory. According to my fragrance friends, my skin makes fragrances smell "spicy", so the cinnamon-like, nutmeg-like "gingeriness" of Pink winds up being the most outstanding component for me. Nanadebary's recent reformulation of Pink, Classic Pink, is still dedicated to the goddess in every woman, but this tenacious edp format was inspired by the strength of the people who helped to save Nana de Bary's life during a devastating tsunami in Thailand in 2004. Nana de Bary's courage and inspiring tale of survival adds depth and enjoyment to my deep appreciation of this all-natural fragrance.
24th November, 2008
Nanadebary Pink is another one of those perfumes that has an incredibly devoted following on the Makeupalley Fragrance Board so that when The Perfumed Court had their 1st Anniversary Sale, I just had to get a sample to see what all the fuss was about.

I have now applied it twice and have pondered what to say in my review. At the risk of upsetting the diehard "Nana Pink" MUA gang, I can't help but ask "what is the big deal??" Pink is essentially an aldehyde perfume with a large dollop of nutmeg and clove notes thrown in. I guess you could say that it mostly smells like a fresh grating of nutmeg on top of the vat of Christmas eggnog combined with lashings of Mom's Elizabeth Arden's Red Door perfume wafting by as she scurries to the living room to make sure that the porchlights are on for the carolers. Pink's drydown is a pleasant enough vanilla-ish scent. Mrs. Beasley's homemade poundcake, anyone? With these perfume images and smells in mind, I can see why Pink might be a "comfort/cozy" scent for some, especially those who enjoy gourmand fragrances. (And, FYI, I am not joking about Red Door above - Pink is rather similar from what I can recall about it.)

Personally, if aldehydes turn you on, Le Labo's Aldehyde 44 easily surpasses Nanadebary Pink in terms of style, sophistication and quality. If you are looking for a spicy, special Christmas scent, I think that Caron's Parfum Sacre is much better made and more elegant.

Here are Nanadebary Pink's notes, courtesy of The Perfumed Court: nutmeg, coriander, Sicilian tangerine, bergamot, sandalwood, cedar, Indian amber and Bourbon vanilla.
18th August, 2008

Add your review of Nanadebary Classic Pink

Shop for Nanadebary Classic Pink products online

Shop for Nanadebary Classic Pink at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nanadebary Classic Pink

Member images of Nanadebary Classic Pink

There are no member images of Nanadebary Classic Pink yet. Why not be the first?