Boss Soul (2005)

HouseHugo Boss
PerfumerUrsula Wandel
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Boss Soul

Boss Soul is a masculine fragrance by Hugo Boss. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ursula Wandel

Reviews of Boss Soul

I bought this many years ago. I was enthralled by its complex note profile - just check out the triangle above!! Anyhow, whereas I loved Boss Soul ten years ago, somehow it doesn't please like before. A very peppery, even oud-like quality (though there is no oud listed in the profile). It starts out with a lot of promise, hitting me with its carousel of notes in measured doses. But now, it becomes quite cloying after a few hours, to the point that I actually want to remove it from my skin. It just could be that the bottle I have just hasn't aged too well.
30th November, 2016
If I wanted to impress an Emarati from the UAE, this would be the scent that I would wear.

I only tried it once but I noticed that it turned a lot of Emarati heads.
29th November, 2016
Salutation.

It is paradox BOTTLED or IN MOTION as this one have talent for creating scent it is Masculine and Classic.in my opinion it is not much Romantic or Modern.Good scent but not a adorable scent for me.

My first impression of SOUL was Spicy.Warm and Brave and The Cinnamon is obvious too.Generally this is for cinnamon lovers.Perfect for a independent man (between 30/50 years old)

I would not recommend this for Everyday wear The mood and Occasion must be Formal for this Evening fragrance. Definitely for wearning in AUTUMN/WINTER.The bottle is beautiful too.

Sillage?Good.

Lonegvity?Average on my skin.

01st June, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
A bit of a synthetic-sharp start develops into what initially appears to be another peppery-fresh and bland scent, but after about 1/2 hour the drydown gains in depth, adding a wood note that is supported by a bit of vetiver, musk and tonka-based sweetness that distinguishes it from
similar products with little personality.  On me it never is really that sweet but quite smooth with a touch of balancing brightness.  Overall quite acceptable, with a decent longevity of about three hours.  One of Boss's more convincing creations.
05th February, 2013
Let me start off by saying when I first tested this on my hand I almost ran away from it. The initial blast to me was something medicinal and something hard for me to describe. I have learned that you can't judge a fragrance by a initial impression and that you should give it a full wearing before passing judgement. I got this dirt cheap and decided to give it a full wearing the other day and man oh man I am so glad I bought this. Yes its very subtle and the longevity could be better but the wood note in this is wonderful and I think if it had been stronger it might have been too cloying so I am actually glad its not stronger than it is. If I could describe this scent i would have to say it smells like nothing else on the market which makes this original in my book. If you find this dirt cheap don't be afraid to buy it. Give it a chance. I'm glad I did.
15th July, 2012
To me this is an unusual Boss's fragrance with its watery, citrusy but endly dusty-milky construction. I detect an aromatic squash of watery citrus-lavender (mainly orange-mandarin), than cinnamon, nutmeg and a musky amber-vanilla in the dry down. There is some bracing initial freshness in the aromatic water of citrus, lavender, spices, pepper and anise. The note of pepper is prominent in a way this reminds a bit in the beginning the first blast of the pappery Bang (like a sort of blend of Bang and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine). The slightly balsamic temperament is sheer and it keeps its presence even as well as the almost gourmand vanillic dry down has fallen. Some woods give structure. The final issue is a spicy-orangy ambery concoction with a fresh-aromatic always present undertone.
01st November, 2011 (last edited: 11th November, 2011)

Add your review of Boss Soul

Shop for Boss Soul products online

Shop for Boss Soul at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Boss Soul

Member images of Boss Soul

There are no member images of Boss Soul yet. Why not be the first?