Boss Soul (2005)

PerfumerUrsula Wandel
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Boss Soul

Boss Soul is a masculine fragrance by Hugo Boss. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ursula Wandel

Reviews of Boss Soul

Salutation.

It is paradox BOTTLED or IN MOTION as this one have talent for creating scent it is Masculine and Classic.in my opinion it is not much Romantic or Modern.Good scent but not a adorable scent for me.

My first impression of SOUL was Spicy.Warm and Brave and The Cinnamon is obvious too.Generally this is for cinnamon lovers.Perfect for a independent man (between 30/50 years old)

I would not recommend this for Everyday wear The mood and Occasion must be Formal for this Evening fragrance. Definitely for wearning in AUTUMN/WINTER.The bottle is beautiful too.

Sillage?Good.

Lonegvity?Average on my skin.

01st June, 2015
A bit of a synthetic-sharp start develops into what initially appears to be another peppery-fresh and bland scent, but after about 1/2 hour the drydown gains in depth, adding a wood note that is supported by a bit of vetiver, musk and tonka-based sweetness that distinguishes it from
similar products with little personality.  On me it never is really that sweet but quite smooth with a touch of balancing brightness.  Overall quite acceptable, with a decent longevity of about three hours.  One of Boss's more convincing creations.
05th February, 2013
Let me start off by saying when I first tested this on my hand I almost ran away from it. The initial blast to me was something medicinal and something hard for me to describe. I have learned that you can't judge a fragrance by a initial impression and that you should give it a full wearing before passing judgement. I got this dirt cheap and decided to give it a full wearing the other day and man oh man I am so glad I bought this. Yes its very subtle and the longevity could be better but the wood note in this is wonderful and I think if it had been stronger it might have been too cloying so I am actually glad its not stronger than it is. If I could describe this scent i would have to say it smells like nothing else on the market which makes this original in my book. If you find this dirt cheap don't be afraid to buy it. Give it a chance. I'm glad I did.
15th July, 2012
To me this is an unusual Boss's fragrance with its watery, citrusy but endly dusty-milky construction. I detect an aromatic squash of watery citrus-lavender (mainly orange-mandarin), than cinnamon, nutmeg and a musky amber-vanilla in the dry down. There is some bracing initial freshness in the aromatic water of citrus, lavender, spices, pepper and anise. The note of pepper is prominent in a way this reminds a bit in the beginning the first blast of the pappery Bang (like a sort of blend of Bang and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine). The slightly balsamic temperament is sheer and it keeps its presence even as well as the almost gourmand vanillic dry down has fallen. Some woods give structure. The final issue is a spicy-orangy ambery concoction with a fresh-aromatic always present undertone.
01st November, 2011 (last edited: 11th November, 2011)
Rating thumb up: This scent really has some character. Dark, woody with a vibe of cherry liquorice. In notes and in group it is not a woody scent but it sure gives me a woodsy impression. There is this appealing dry sweetness that can't be ignored. This is not casual, not for the office, it is not sporty. This is for romantic occasion, it is masculine, serious, dark, deep, mystical and distinctive, somehow roughly gentle, subtle but strong, non provocative yet so noticable, somewhat brash but also elegant. Projection great for a while, longevity not as nearly good for this type of fragrance. A very good fragrance, well composed. (23.03.2011.)

Edit: after few wears I came to realise how much I didn't need this in my collection, how there are much much better fragrances taht I already own, am yet to own and am yet to discover. Now I'm rating this to neutral, in year or two I just might rate it to thumb down if I'll even bother to do it as now I see this is not even worthy enough to be bashed, but simply ignored. (07.09.2011.) - neutral rating.

I guess this the final edit : It has got to my attention that this fragrance is indeed sort of a P.R. 1 Million before 1 Million and in style in some instance Escada Magnetism with a twist. Another for comparison would also be Davidoff Silver Shadow Private, Davidoff Game and Cerruti 1881 Black, and to a degree YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, Azzaro Night Time. These fragrances share the same style or vibe or whatever. Now, some of them are more popular and accepted such as 1Million and YSL La Nuit. Some escaped the radar nose system, but are considered good when asked about such as Cerruti 1881 Black and Davidoff Game. Boss Soul is an earlier fragrance that really does in fact offer quite much to its wearer, no more and no less than the others with which it shares the style. It's projection is not incredible, however this is not all too subtle fragrance. Clubbing and dating, evening whole year fragrance I'd say and a good one.

The reason I rated it neutral after a sudden bashing was that I too suddenly had a high pitch rise of my collection with various fragrances, some of which were to me then either similar and better or simply way better overall. Today, more calm, I see the potential of this fragrance even though it's a creation from 2005. Very modern, could be pulled off by a younger crowd but also by mature men. It'd go well with a suit too, but not as a daily fragrance.

So what you get here is a spicy oriental and also quite a woody fragrance that was in fact among the first of this kind. Modern and elegant. If it were not a Boss fragrance, I'm sure it'd get more attention and respect by the community. (06.05.2015.) - positive rating.
23rd March, 2011 (last edited: 06th May, 2015)
I just loved this scent, orange, vanilla and cinnamon rules there. My second favorite BOSS scent.
The only weak thing to say for this fragrance is its longevity... light as soul. :)
26th December, 2010

Add your review of Boss Soul

Shop for Boss Soul products online

Shop for Boss Soul at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Boss Soul

Member images of Boss Soul

There are no member images of Boss Soul yet. Why not be the first?