Armani Privé Pierre de Lune (2004)
by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé Pierre de Lune information

Year of Launch2004

HouseGiorgio Armani
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Privé Pierre de Lune

Giorgio Armani fragrances are renound for their mass-appeal. At the time of writing, Acqua di Gio pour Homme is the number one men's fragrance in the world, and as a fragrance brand, Armani is ranked three in the world.
So it seems a little off-kilter for Giorgio Armani to launch a range of four ‘luxury' scents, not designed to appeal to everyone, subject to a strictly limited distribution and, dare I say it, going a bit niche on us.
Each fragrance is encased in a glass-lined wooden (African Kotibe wood) container, with a pebble-like cap. The fragrances aren't designed to be masculine, nor feminine and will sit on both men's and women's fragrance counters. Launched in December in selected stores such as Harrods, Bon Marche, 10 Corso Como and El Corte Ingles.
A gift set containing all four scents will also be available for US$740.

Armani Privé Pierre de Lune fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Privé Pierre de Lune

As one of the last Armani Prive's I tried I have to say that I was oh so pleasantly surprised!

What a wonderful and whimsical fragrance to dedicate to the moon! Pierre de Lune is quite multi-facetted despite the constant references to 'clean soap'. It definitely has a French soap aspect to it but it has oh so much more going on than just soap!

I detect all of the following in no particular order (than what my mind has naturally ordered them in) grass, violet, iris, cinnamon, talc, jasmine (or something similarly just as indolic!), and of course a type of ambergris or similar.

This is the best darn white soap smell that I've ever had the pleasure of smelling!
04th March, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
A decent iris and violet is what I get, a nice one and well made with a floral non-sweet drydown and a touch of powderiness in the base. Fresh, discrete, more youthful than dowager. Not exciting, but the very good longevity of seven hours tilts it just into the thumbs-up category. Springtime beckons for this one.
15th January, 2014
I can endorse this scent. It is not my style, but I find it has many attractive points and is well constructed. It starts with a very authentic violet note, and some perfumey-green notes. It is not too sweet. The florals are slightly rich but not cloying. The iris is buttery and opulent. There's lots going on here. The amber thankfully is very subdued. Overall, it is a pretty and attractive scent, probably of more interest to women than man. What is intriguing is that it does achieve a kind of silvery-cool aspect in the dry-down. How appropriate for a "moon stone."
30th October, 2012
There are some fragrances you wouldn't wear to work or around young children. I have altogether too many of these. Pierre de Lune will take you to the secret places in a child's mind or perhaps remind your Grandmother of how life once was. I don't find the Iris but I do find a bog of cool arum lilies, slight narcissus, and a little violet. The ionone in violets that robs your sense of smell after the first whiff seems apparent here. The fragrance reinvents itself just when you thought it was gone. It's very interesting but not at all in your face as Cuir Amethyste is. Wear it at the full moon as I'm sure Giorgio intended. If I shower before bedtime and put on my PJs this is what I will reach for. It is now on a par with 'Clean' fragrances costwise but will outperform those pretenders body and soul.
15th June, 2012

This was the first Privé I tested for a review. If I thought all the Privé fragrances were like this, it would have been my last. Not that it’s terrible – it’s actually very nice, but I certainly don’t see it as belonging to a premium line. I think “premium” should stand for something more than “nice smelling” and “competent,” and this one doesn’t make the A grade: It is competent, nicely made, and uninspired. It is powdery and a little green and a little leathery. The notes in Armani Privé Pierre de Lune are attractive and refined, but still, all that I smell a very good non-premium iris fragrance. There are more than several iris fragrances that are better than this and sell for more reasonable prices. It IS nice, though.
04th December, 2010

Despite being flat, as Iris-focused scents can be (Think of Hiris by Hermes), I do like this archaic scent. In this simple and decidedly unisex frag I find Violet Leaves, powdery Violet Flower and Iris (I note Iris only in the form of Orris, the aged root used as a fixative; I get no fresh Iris). Orris can create a soft powdery floral, as well as woodsy fixative notes. I do not classify this a a Floral scent in modern terms. The Armani site deems it "Sensual, Floral, & Woody". It is a little dreary, but very comforting, like a rainy day.

Interestingly, PdL's drydown is eerily similar to a bottle of vintage 40s Narcisse Noir pure parfum that came in a coffret I received as a gift, although the two bear few note similarities. I will do more research, but welcome any thoughts.
30th January, 2009

Add your review of Armani Privé Pierre de Lune

Shop for Armani Privé Pierre de Lune products online

Shop for Armani Privé Pierre de Lune at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Armani Privé Pierre de Lune

Member images of Armani Privé Pierre de Lune

There are no member images of Armani Privé Pierre de Lune yet. Why not be the first?