Miel de Bois (2005)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Miel de Bois

Miel de Bois is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Reviews of Miel de Bois

One of the best medium-heave honey notes I have encountered in a while is the centerpiece if this composition - intense, rich; bees must be attracted so beware. A woodsy note is the background initially, possibly oak, but the drydown takes a floral turn with iris and hints of hawthorn, like a distant memory of Aubepine Acacia near a bee farm. Some darker whiffs of musk are added towards the end.

A wonderful fragrance, rich, original. I get moderate sillage, very good projection and five hours of longevity. Not for the faint hearted, and: try before you buy. Great in autumn. 4.5/5
20th January, 2015
Honeyed Woods and Gasoline

Many thanks to my friend Suga for this sample.

I have read some horror stories regarding Miel de Bois . I find no horror in this fragrance - just a natural raw honey note supported with beeswax and and cedary woodiness plus some Iso E Super which I feel is in there somewhere. As the scent becomes its own on my skin, there is an element of gasoline to the woods.I love that smell.

Totally unisex and a beautiful unusual scent . Typically Serge Lutens . I love it.

Pros: Unusual and beautiful
Cons: Not to everyone's taste and price"

20th August, 2013
Elzéard Show all reviews
I have been dipped in honey. It is effortlessly natural.
25th January, 2013

Only for a few moments you can smell the honey, then turn in a somewhat strange intense sweet note. Long duration. Not bad, but not for everybody.
17th November, 2012
This surprising, bold, unabashed, extremely artistic masterpiece is one of those wonderful fragrances that one could very easily assume as a signature fragrance but only because so few would have the gall or the balls to do likewise. The blasts of ebony and oak that leap out of the bottle on opening or first application to skin are so sharp, so acrid and so masterfully bold, so excessively masculine to the point of being almost gender bending (how could anything masculine be so strong perfume-wise you ask?)
well, Serge Lutens and Christopher Sheldrake must have been intent on creating something very personal when they sat down to this wonder.
The honey is laced strong and unforgiving throughout but never ponderously so, next to the incredible sweetness of the liquid honey there is the bitterness of beeswax burning slowly, welling up and overflowing on an altar, an altar made up of burnt, smoked hardwoods.There is the treacle, urinary, ammoniac sillage of a hive broken open by a brute bear, but it somehow all combines into a music that resonates, one of those dynamic to and fros that is the hallmark of daring and genius.
Intense, sweet, bitter, smokey.
Miel de Bois!
I am sure if I was some fading violet, some polite office citizen, some well-bred, happy lawyer I would hate this fragrance.
That I am none of the above is a great source of joy to me and it was inevitable that a rare and precious bottle of Miel de Bois would be gifted to me by a banker of great perception "It seems made for you!" were his words as he let the box fall into my hands.
Eternally grateful, I then realised that bottles of this wonder are only to be had at the Palais Royal shop in Paris.

It is fitting that I made the pilgrimage yesterday and walked away with 2 bell bottles.

For those who like strong, sharp scents beautifully crafted and balanced.
Divisive, sensuous, beautiful, borderline.

19th June, 2012
I have quite conflicting feelings about this. I love the honey note (to me it is more beeswax), but I don't like the barnyard/cat pee thing going on there, I don't think it compliments the honey. To me, the honey is so syrupy it would be better to alleviate it a bit with something fresh. But this scent makes me feel sticky, like I've covered myself in that stuff they use in waxing studios. Or like I'm a fly trapped in a carnivorous plant, my feet sticking to the leaf and I can't get away...AAARRRGGGHHH! This the only fragrance I can think of that actually evokes a feeling of texture in me - but not in good way.

EDIT: I just let my DH smell my wrist. He gasped with disgust and said: "There's just one word to describe this: No." :laugh:
25th March, 2012

Add your review of Miel de Bois

Shop for Miel de Bois products online

Search Amazon for Miel de Bois

Member images of Miel de Bois

There are no member images of Miel de Bois yet. Why not be the first?