Obsession Night (2005)

HouseCalvin Klein
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc > Lancaster Group

About Obsession Night

Obsession Night is a feminine perfume by Calvin Klein. The scent was launched in 2005

Obsession Night fragrance notes

Reviews of Obsession Night

Obsession Night is a long time favorite of mine. I do associate it with nighttime and going out and can’t picture wearing it in the daytime. I’ve made the association now as one of my “party” scents. Creamy vanilla and citrus, subtly smoky and incensy but not really a heavy bodied scent. I think it smells a bit mysterious and sexy while also having a lightness and fun spirit about it. I spray it on generously before going out and it feels like my buddy I’m taking out partying with me. Says, look at me! I’m here to party! LOL. Looking for a backup bottle currently.
27th April, 2020
This is nothing like original Obsession. This is a completely different animal. When I see perfumes labeled as "night", I assume they will be dark. This is not. This oriental works well for daytime wearing.

The ingredients I detect are cashmere wood, vanilla, white flowers, bergamot, Tonka bean, gardenia, and Mandarin orange. A peak of amber on the skin, later on. Lasts fairly well. Has some sillage to it -- not tons.

The more I wear it, the more I enjoy it. It didn't sell well, therefore it has been discontinued.
27th May, 2017
Turin's comparison (Perfumes A-Z) of Obsession Night to Anthracite made me say, "No wonder). I liked both immediately after sniffing. The juxtaposition of the pinkish, citrus-floral Anthracite top with a judiciously toned-down version of original Obsession's base worked out very well indeed. One of CK's better creations.
11th September, 2016
This was a blind buy for me. It's not offensive but I would not buy again. I am not sure what I am smelling except for the citrus opening. After that, a kind of light floral and I was hoping for a more woodsy scent but does not appear on me.
28th February, 2015
This fragrance struck me as being very unique, also being very different to what I expected it to smell like. Obsession Night in my mind, was a darker and sexier version of the original Obsession, perhaps a little smokier and sweet. In reality, Obsession Night is mostly a gentle floral with some masculine qualities, a tad too musky and in some ways synthetic, but not in an unpleasant way.

Everytime I smell this fragrance, I'm stuck for words to describe it. It's non-descript yet rather appealing. The scent itself is quite subdued, mostly a nice blend of clean white florals, a hint of sweet citrus and dusty vanilla.

Towards the drydown is where Obession Night begins to smell slightly masculine. It has a somewhat woodsy, pencil-shavings kind of smell to it. After awhile the scent does bore me, however if I bring my wrist to my nose and inhale deeply, I am once again intrigued and fascinated.

Obsession Night may be one of those fragrances that grow on you. As I'm reviewing this fragrance now, I almost feel bad for saying what I've said in the previous paragraphs, because the more I smell it, the more I begin to like it.

Smelling it again, it almost smells like baby wipes. I must add that I like the scent of baby wipes. My opinions on this fragrance are continually changing. I don't believe that it's possible for me to come to any kind of conclusion.

In terms of sillage and lasting strength, I'll give this fragrance the thumbs up. All I have left to say is that this is an interesting scent, rather smooth, sometimes creamy, and generally likable.
04th April, 2012
I have owned all 4 versions of Obsession and have enjoyed them all but I must say that Obsession Night bears no relation to the original.
Its a very nice fragrance, but sadly not in the same class as its older sister. It doesn't have that power or the instant recognition but its a pleasant enough floral which starts off with rather bitter citruses. The fruits don't stay for long, giving way to a powdery floral pretty quickly. I'm left with a delightful cashmere vanilla that stays with me several hours.
19th March, 2012

Add your review of Obsession Night

Shop for Obsession Night products online

Shop for Obsession Night at online perfumeries

Obsession Night by Calvin Klein EDT Spray 4 oz

End Date: Thursday May-28-2020 19:38:49 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.04
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CS OBSESSION NIGHT/CALVIN KLEIN EDT SPRAY 4.0 OZ (M)

End Date: Thursday May-28-2020 22:32:35 PDT

Calvin Klein Obsession Night For Men 125ml EDT Spray - BRAND NEW

End Date: Friday May-29-2020 10:04:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $26.86
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Obsession Night by Calvin Klein, 3.4 fl. oz.

$9.50 (4 Bids)