Obsession Night for Men (2005)
by Calvin Klein

Obsession Night for Men information

Year of Launch2005

HouseCalvin Klein
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc > Lancaster Group

About Obsession Night for Men

Obsession Night for Men is a masculine fragrance by Calvin Klein. The scent was launched in 2005 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Obsession Night for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Obsession Night for Men

bigbz Show all reviews
I never smelt the original, so had no preconceived notions when giving this a go for the first time. But this flanker is actually very nice IMO.

Pear and suede with vanilla are mostly what I got when wearing it....longevity was surprisingly above average for me(especially so when sprayed on clothing)but projection was a bit lacking.

Scent is somewhat light/airy and transparent due to the pear note, but still maintains a slightly darker side because of the suede and patch base. Some say they get a "coconut" smell from this. I wished I did, but sadly not to me.:/'s a nice and unique discontinued scent, that can be found around $20-25 for a 4oz bottle as I type this.
15th October, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
The pear-cardamom opening is pleasant albeit very straightforward yet not without some originality. The drydown has hints of mild freshness, with a very soft patchouli evolving into a vanilla base. Synthetic but quite well done. Good silage, excellent projection and over twelve hours of longevity - this very good performance has it - just - achieve a positive rating.
13th May, 2014
Nothing like the original which I felt was too powdery. This is far better than the original IMO. It has some projection to it, just the right amount that I like, lasts around 6-8 hours on me before it really starts to fade away. A unique acquired scent. I wouldn't recommend buying this blind for this reason. I wouldn't pay more than 30 bucks for the 4.0 oz. bottle though.
16th February, 2014
Not a bad scent. Not a good one either. Longevity is very weak. Synthetic, generic explosion.
16th February, 2014
Coco Jambo!

Ahh wel it was sold today for 15 euro! and its a big 4.2 bottle and well uhmmm i was like...can't let this one can come into my fragrance cabinet as well buddy! :-)
I did always hesitated this one as i tested this sniffing it from the cap.

To my nose it was a very synthetic and cloying sweet combo (from the spraycap) but on skin this one enters in 10 minutes a smooth warm combo of pear and vanilla indeed almost smellig COCO-JAMBO-COCONUTTS.
Its not projecting hard? as i suspected and guessed this would be a sillage monster but i was wrong? this one enters the close to skin range very quick

But hey it smells so familiar?
You know what i smell?
Marc Jacobs men!
Its the toned down version!! i smell fig leaves.
If you like this you will def. appreciate Marc Jacobs Men!
I need both on my wrists to compare but im sure it has much in common!

Im happy i did buy it and i will dress up soon wearing this (20plus sprays to get my own sillage throughout the day/night)

Pros: unique sweet, distinct
Cons: Can be cloying"

23rd August, 2013
Roby Show all reviews
The original Obsession is a classic. Some people don't like it, fair enough, but it's still a bona fide 80's classic.

This 2005 flanker... not so much.

The opening is a really quite cheap synthetic mess. Bad enough for me to almost write this one off as a terrible blind buy, even at the very reasonable ú19.50 I paid for a huge 125ml edt bottle.

Give it 45 mins or an hour though and it does improve. The main note is musk but there is a definite hint of fruit (the general consensus is pear) and vanilla. It's quite spicy as well and I can definitely pick out a hint of coconut.

I'd say that basically it's a mixture of Morgans Spiced Rum (or maybe Bacardi spice) mixed with some coconut sun-tan oil, a bit of pear and a lot of musk.

A thumbs up but only if you can get it for a decent price as to be honest it's quite average although the dry down is nice.
23rd February, 2013

Add your review of Obsession Night for Men

Shop for Obsession Night for Men products online

Shop for Obsession Night for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Obsession Night for Men

Member images of Obsession Night for Men

There are no member images of Obsession Night for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Obsession Night for Men