Une Folie de Roses (2004)
    by Les Parfums de Rosine

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 36 ratings

Une Folie de Roses Fragrance Notes

Une Folie de Roses information

Une Folie de Roses is a women's fragrance by Les Parfums de Rosine. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Une Folie de Roses

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.

Minkymaid's avatar

England England

Like a rich fruit cake; where the weight of spices and dried fruit and time passing has rendered any former sweetness into a bitter dark memory, yet you believe it must be sweet because it's still called 'cake'. This is a nighttime rose, an essence left in the barrels once the girly happy fruity summery roses have been distilled away and forgotten. Under the rose lurks a morbid patchouli that twists the rose into to a not quite so nice graveyard sweetness, the oakmoss and spices adding to the earthiness. I also get licorice and dry incense. My husband thinks this is a great chypre, I find it unsettling and on the edge of nauseous. This doesn't make it bad, just not for me.

11th November, 2012

rogalal's avatar

A nice dark rose. Apparently, it's technically a chypre, but it's core and most of what I smell is that synergy you get when you mix the classic attar ingredients of patchouli, rose, and sandalwood. There's also a baby powder smell that I think is what is causing the "old lady" complaints. Despite the official notes, if you can imagine a powdery Portait Of A Lady, or even Montale's Black Aoud with the rubbery medicinal oud taken out (but retaining the remarkable depth of the patch/rose combo) and replaced by powder, that's about what I think Un Folie De Roses mostly smells like.

As a matter of personal taste, I much prefer the smell of oud over the smell of baby powder, so I'd go with Montale over Folie, but this is nicely done and worth the thumbs up.

14 June, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Old fashioned and old smelling, like it had been left in the bottle too long. Opens well enough with vapours of soft, sweet, lightly spiced rose, until a sharp, fusty sandalwood-dominated spike rises to eviscerate its belly. This one's a doddering aunt clad in yellowing furs, with pancake slap and hair sprouting out of the mole on her chin.
    But hark, what's this? A few days later, I return for furtive further sniffs. And by my second wear, there's romance in the air. This one's doing funny things to my head. Must remember: addictions are usually damaging to health. Must remember: screwed up look of disgust on partner’s face when I first tried this.

04 May, 2012

autumngleeman's avatar

It resembles Lady Vengeance, but just a little darker (the oakmoss and vetiver). This really should be classified as a unisex. The men's selections from Rosine are their very worst ones, but don't despair, some of these "feminine" Rosine frags can work for us guys. Case in point.

04 March, 2012

sherapop's avatar

Les parfums de Rosine UNE FOLIE DE ROSE has a slightly dark and dirty, oakmossy edge. The rose petals seems somehow black around the edges in this perfume, imparting a distinctly gothic feeling to the composition as a whole. I would describe the overall effect as somewhere between a floralized light leather and a rose chypre.

Although to my nose this is a fairly linear presentation, it might open up differently under various weather conditions, and I suspect that it would heat up quite nicely on the skin in the depths of winter. I'll save the rest of my generous sample for now and try again once the temperature has dropped this fall...

30th July, 2011

BlackCat's avatar

What a pretty, spicy, rose chypre! I agree, it's definitely more chypre than floral. I could see how, if this one goes wrong, it goes really wrong, because it's definitely not a shrinking violet. NB: I dabbed, rather than spraying, which probably reduced the aldehydes, as well as the potency.

14 October, 2009

Add your review of Une Folie de Roses

Search for on eBay United States

Une Folie de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine 100ml
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 2 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)