Solo Loewe (2004)

About Solo Loewe

Solo Loewe is a masculine fragrance by Loewe. The scent was launched in 2004

Solo Loewe fragrance notes

Reviews of Solo Loewe

A bit of citrus, some sweetness and something kinda green. Not bad. Has a classic feel to it, not super-modern.

Projects nicely for the first 1-2 hours, then sits close to skin for 3-4 hours. After that, there's not much to smell.

Appropriate for casual or day wear.
20th March, 2017
As I wore this through the day my mind kept going back to thoughts of Hermes' Terre, the original. Dirty, spicy and sweeter though tangerine instead of orange-add guava and no inert mineral note.

I had no hesitation in wearing this though like Hermes'TdH it seems to lean more towards the older gentleman.

Loewes, a Spanish company, has kept me happy with all their scents that I own so far.
20th September, 2016
Genre: Fougère

Another misfired shot in the direction of Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water. I'm tempted to stop writing here and conserve space on the server, but I did wear this stuff for several hours, so I probably ought to say something.

Solo starts out smelling like a run-of-the-mill fruity-aquatic fougère, and that's pretty much where it stays. The opening is briefly distinguished by some sharp green and conifer notes, but the overall effect is still more aquatic than sylvan. Solo's heart aims at being crisp and fresh, but only manages harsh and thin. The drydown is both crude and sweet, projection is minimal (thank heavens) and the fragrance doesn't last all that long either. Like so many others of its breed, Solo is unremarkable, undistinguished, and hence utterly expendable.
03rd July, 2014
Solo is a very nice smelling cologne. Like all the Loewe fragrances, this is top quality. The top fruity notes with the lavender and cinnamon make a very nice combination. It is elegant and very masculine. It lasts a very long time on me 7-8 hours.
27th June, 2014
I find Solo a very modern fragrance that is perfectly balanced. The citrus, the wood, the spices, nothing outlast the other. It is a very contemporary quality fragrance.
03rd March, 2014 (last edited: 15th September, 2014)
One of the best fragrances I've ever felt in my life and the worst lasting power.
The first minutes are amazing. Fresh, subtle, elegant, sexy. When I smell it, I feel like the perfumer Giuseppe Baldini (Dustin Hoffman) when he smells the scent produced by Grenouille in movie "Perfume: The History of a Murderer".

HOWEVER, only a remnant of the original fragrance left on my skin after 30 minutes. After two hours of applying it, I can not detect anything on my skin. It's so weird that people praising its lasting power. I do not think the problem is my skin. I did a comparison. Applied a perfume that I consider long lasting (Bvlgari Extreme) in one arm and Solo in the other. Bvlgari Extreme sillage and lasting power "swallowed" Solo Loewe, wich was shy and disappeared quickly.

I bought the kit (Solo + necessaire). Reading the bottom of the bottle, I saw that it was manufactured in France. But Loewe is Spanish. I wonder if mine is fake ....
14th May, 2013