La Base for Him (2004)

La Base for Him information

Year of Launch2004

HouseMagic Helvetia

About La Base for Him

La Base for Him is a masculine fragrance by Magic Helvetia. The scent was launched in 2004

La Base for Him fragrance notes

Reviews of La Base for Him

Largely concur with the review of reviewer xiikzodz. This is a lasting fragrance that does not change in character when worn. It is pleasant and unique without being "exotic". Highly recommend.
03rd April, 2014
Opens with a fine blend of spices out of which gentiana (first thing came across my mind), black elder, sage and gin are clearly palpable. If there's any citrus in it then rather in the form of the aromatic oils that some citrusy spices like coriander, basil or geranium contain. I suppose judging it in the same way as one would an office scent is a mistake. Apparently, it has no obvious pheromonic qualities - people take it rather for a hair tonic or spicy shower gel. Yet it is a intricate construction and fine art of perfumery (sadly might not last long) taking us offroads.
02nd October, 2009
Earthy/herbal mint with a thin layer of citrused pine woods.
15th November, 2008
If Geir Ness tried to capture "The Power of Norway" in the bottle before this, then I figure this is an attemp of Le Base (Magic Helvetia) to do the same for Switzerland.

I`ve never been to Switzerland, but I imagine they could have done much better job here. At least I would like to think Switzerland as more interesting place comparing to the dull nature of this scent.
Le Base for Him is a well made scent, though. And I find it fairly complex as well. But the scent is simply not that compelling nor unique, and with the insane price tag like this one has, these are the major elements I am looking for.

A very green scent that is tart and crispy. Warm base of pinewood and oakmoss is covered with collection of bitter, aromatic herbs.
11th November, 2008
Sisley's Eau de Campagne after a raging brush fire. A citrus opening with interesting green herbal notes and a bit of soapiness soon turns into herbal-bitterness and then a woody, dry, scorched-macchia landscape. Related to Gigli Sud-Est and other hardcore herbals with no floral compensation. Interesting, but not a great wear.
02nd July, 2008
La Base begins with a strong burst of grapefruit. I find the use of this note in this particular fragrance to be discordant. For me, the wild mint and basil gets bypassed by the bully grapefruit. Thankfully this note subsides in due time. As the la base heads for the dry down, the pine bark makes an appearance but don’t be fooled. I tend to think of pine as a cooling, embracing note. Instead, the dry down is rather warm, heady, and synthetic smelling I do agree. The best part of the journey was the mineral tonic that was experienced in the mid-notes. Overall, I have to give la base two thumbs down for being too synthetic and slightly off-putting.
17th October, 2007

Add your review of La Base for Him

Shop for La Base for Him products online

Search Amazon for La Base for Him

Member images of La Base for Him

There are no member images of La Base for Him yet. Why not be the first?