Sugar (2004)

• Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Sugar

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Fleurine's avatar
    Fleurine

If you like sugar this is just like it. With a touch of lemon.

02 August, 2011

sherapop's avatar
    sherapop

That I am a fan of the house of Fresh is decisively demonstrated by the very fact that I bought a bottle of their SUGAR edp. True, it's a small bottle, and yes it was relatively inexpensive, but nonetheless significant since I'm the last person to gravitate toward sugar sprays masquerading as perfume. I've certainly slammed my share of frosting fragrances and chemical cotton candies in a bottle, but I have to say that Fresh came through again with SUGAR, which, while initially a bit frosting-like, still ends up sparkling in a very nice way thanks to the auspicious addition of delightfully fresh citrus, which is featured in most of the creations of this house. SUGAR smells swell, and I can heartily recommend it to all those in search of scents that smell good enough to eat and are devoid of the sickening synthetics that ruin fragrances such as PINK SUGAR for me.

09 July, 2011 (Last Edited: 10th July, 2011)

decillisjl's avatar
    decillisjl

well.... not to continue the booze associations from last night, but this smells incredibly like a lemondrop made with some highly prized russian vodka. On first sniff I thought "wow this is a pretty substantial lemon with a lot of creaminess and oomph behind it". After about three minutes I started losing my teeth and after ten I felt the onset of a diabetic coma. Underneath it all there is the slightest bit of "pledge" note, but it is masked by a monster simple syrup sillage that goes so far as to leave a viscous trail on the skin you sprayed it on. The top notes of lemon and acid dissipate rather quickly, and the heart/base (there really is no middle ground here) takes on a splenda spiked floral foundation. I don't get any vanilla, at least in the modern benzoin/extract form found in so many fragrances the last decade or so, but the floral element could very well be pod flowers before they begin to bud. The longevity, I can already tell, is going to be poor if not forgetful, but for a short ride it undergoes a pretty decent transition. I would consider this to be a warm weather only fragrance, as wearing it during the cold would not do it any justice whatsoever. If the weather is hot, the beers are cold, and the vodka has spent the last day in the freezer please break it out. Simple, yet massively capable of fulfilling its purpose.

18 July, 2009

swoonglo's avatar
    swoonglo

Love this scent...smells like fresh lemons and sugar. Perfect for summertime. However, it lasts about 1 hour on me before fading out.

03 March, 2009

Lucy Fishwife's avatar
    Lucy Fishwife

Because of the lemon and brown sugar character of this perfume, it always reminds me of Pancake Day. Really nice balance between sweetness and sharpness, and I especially like the way the lemon fades over time to leave the brown-sugar warmth at the end.

29 September, 2008

Nukapai's avatar
    Nukapai

It smells like home made lemonade and a little like a Finnish seasonal party drink "Sima"; a fermented lemon-flavoured home brew. Completely appropriate for a hot day, just like lemonade. The dry-down is a fairly basic vanilla and the citrus aroma doesn't linger much into it, but this is perhaps one of my all-time favourite uncomplicated foody, mouth watering summer scents. Nostalgia and perfume are notoriously linked and I probably like this because of the Finnish Sima connection; being a Finn away from home.

07 July, 2008