Sampaquita (2004)

Average Rating: 3

Based on 46 ratings

Sampaquita Fragrance Notes

Sampaquita information

Sampaquita is a women's fragrance by Ormonde Jayne. The scent was launched in 2004

Shop for Sampaquita products online

$140.77*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 90.00)

Reviews of Sampaquita

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral5 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral

Sampaquita: is that jasmine sambac in the diminutive? If so it’s perfect. This is a sweet little fruity-green jasmine scent in desperate need of a push-up bra. It smells tinny and shallow to me, and I can’t imagine wanting it when there are À la Nuit and Sarrasins to be had for similar money.

02nd July, 2014

finzi's avatar

Unfortunately this is a mess on my skin, but that's probably because most perfumes containing rose dry badly on me. The rose rushes screaming to the front, throws a tantrum until she stinks to high heaven and then hangs around pouting. Such a shame! Exactly the same thing happens with Ta'if, another rose-based Ormonde Jayne fragrance.

I adore the smell of roses and wish they suited my skin!

11th March, 2012

Primrose's avatar

I agree with Mimi Gardenia, Off-Scenter and parfumeuse Ayala about the common feel of this scent.

There is nothing inherently wrong with it. It is very pleasant in the top notes. Nothing extraordinary, just pleasant.

There are others in the Ormonde Jayne line worth a full bottle.

09th March, 2012

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

How can I say it any better than Off Scenter ! :D Read his review- that is how I feel too. This kind of scent does not apeal to me - it's 'hotel lounge' in feel . Plushy done ,everything is in its right place but a bit...boring .It's 'pretty' and well made but I feel no need to seek it out.

05th July, 2010

memechose's avatar

i adore the way this smells on me. All of linda's florl scents do wonderful things on my skin and for my state of mind. this one is sweet, there is a lot of lychee and bergamot that lingers and then goes right to the drydown od ambrette and vetiver.

09th March, 2009

Ayala's avatar

This exotic name is no more than the Philippine name for Jasmine Sambac. Here is it accompanied with lychee and grass oil top notes, which makes it sweet and almost cloying and backed up with patchouli the result is quite reminiscent of the hippie era...
    This opening accord (sambac, lychee, grass oil, patchouli) is actually quite pleasant on its own and is awfully familiar - however soon a superficial water lily note interferes and makes the scent somewhat irritating for me.
    Definitely an interesting scent to try - but I don't find myself reaching for the sample very often. Also, once I apply it I usually want to switch to something else pretty fast.
    I love the name of that perfume - it sound romantic, exotic, mysterious and sweet.

Top notes: Lychee, Grass Oil, Bergamot, Magnolia
    Heart notes: Sampaquita Absolute (Jasmine Sambac), Freesia, Muguet, Rose, Water Lily
    Base notes: Musk, Vetiver, Moss, Ambrette Seed, Pathchouli