Ormonde Man (2004)
    by Ormonde Jayne

Ormonde Man Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Ormonde Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 48 reviews.

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

This fragrance opens up with a very fresh and pleasant, but also very generic combination of bergamot that give the scent a fresh and tart citrusy aroma and also juniper that give the scent a green and herbal and at the same time sweet fruity feeling.
    I can smell some woods too but it's in the background.
    It's fresh, fruity, soapy with some woods and some green notes.
    The opening was pleasant and kind of disappointing for me but things got very interesting in the dry down and base of the fragrance.
    As time goes by, the scent has that fresh and herbal aroma in a nicer and smoother way, but it gets woodier and darker and suddenly some spices joined in and this is the lovely part of this fragrance.
    The dry down and base are bitter dark woody scent of oud and cedar with noticeable amount of pepper and some fruits and citruses in the background plus a little amount of vanilla.
    Projection is OK and longevity is around 6-8 hours on my skin.
    The base of the fragrance is woody and spicy but it's not that strong and also because of those fresh and green notes you will have a versatile fragrance which you can wear all year round.
    There is nothing unique and different about it but it's very pleasant, versatile, well balanced and wearable.

30th January, 2014

Francolino's avatar
    Francolino

Post modern take on old day scent. Herbal green, pepper undertones. Oriental woody, spicy juniper, woody drydown. Low duration for an edp

25 September, 2013 (Last Edited: 29 December, 2013)

Jack Hunter's avatar
    Jack Hunter

On first application to your skin you get a really invigorating blast of fresh spicy juniper berries and bergamot which leads into a spicy creamy heart of woods and pepper. Mixed in with this is the oud and cardamom and other spices.

The opening is really good then it seems to settle down to boring creamy woody accord. But this is where I nearly misjudged this fragrance because I was smelling this up very close on my wrist.

When I went out the scent transformed and unfurled into a amazing haze of subtle green sappy spices and creamy woods all around me. It was subtle but smelling this scent when it takes to the air was very different from up close.

It smelled really good but in a enigmatic way where I was at a loss how to interpret what I was smelling as it was different from what I'm used to. It must be the oud and hemlock notes in this giving the green spicy notes a air of mystery.

Good fragrance and one that must be smelled when it takes to the air and surrounds you and not judged too quickly by smelling it up close.

03 April, 2013

Smelly Beast's avatar
    Smelly Beast
    Brazil Brazil

A great woddy aromatic perfect for everyday use. Its very versatil you can wear in any ocasion and any weather (on summer just a couple of sprays will do the trick). Its not linear but it doesn't evolve significantly eather.

It opens very green and fresh, I detect cardamom and juniper the overal felling is woody, dusty and has hints of cut grass I also smell somenthing sparkling and earthy here almost like coke. Then the aromatic accord fades and you are left with the dry woddy heart. Now here its all about ceder, sandalwood and I dare say oud (eventhoug i'm not sure it is realy here) Its very creamy, dry and cedery, like if you where smelling wood that was recently cut, and I must say it is somewhat a bit resinous too. Very whell done!

Now the bottom is the olnly part that I don´t love, but I like. Its very sinthetic and almost cheap, but they menaged to escape the green sinthetic woods accord that you find in other fragrances, and I guess this is mostly because of the sandalwood used here. Its like walking on a fine line withouth falling (writting this I just remembered the french guy who crossed the Twin Towers on a line).

I think Ormonde Jayne managed to create a chic and modern fragrence perfect for the young english gentleman

4 out of 5

22 March, 2013

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

this is beautiful woody floral masculine scent,

not too many masculines have floral heart with unmistaken masculine DNA,which here comes in form of the peppery note...which spices up the whole thing, the best pepery scent there is...layerd on beautiful cedarwood note, example of perfect balance of ingredients

one of the top 10 masculine scents

03 March, 2013

MysteryBuff40's avatar
    MysteryBuff40

What a wonderful green juniper and sparkling citrus opening, gone in minutes ... and then nothing. Is it possible to be anosmatic to almost every note in a fragrance? What I do get is a headache-inducing dose of iso e super. If I sniff my wrist very intently I pick up soft, very soft nondescript woods. In the first moments I thought it might be an interesting take-off on Baldessarini, but then it pretty much vanished without a trace.

20th November, 2012