Ormonde Man (2004)

HouseOrmonde Jayne
PerfumerGeza Schoen
Creative DirectorLinda Pilkington

About Ormonde Man

Ormonde Man is a masculine fragrance by Ormonde Jayne. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Geza Schoen

Ormonde Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Ormonde Man

It is one of the better modern releases, although I find it airy and feminine. If you have a laid- back, easygoing personality, it would suit you well.

I prefer Ferragamo Pour Homme over this fragrance,
03rd February, 2018
Not too bad. This is a clean smell that leans towards the synthetic side of clean smells to me. I did pick up just the slightest hint of conifer in the opening, an almost Tom Ford Vert de Encens type of conifer note overshadowed by other notes battling for supremacy. In the case of Ormonde Man it appears the other notes are cardamon and bergamot instead of heliotrope as it is in Vert de Encens. I don't mind this fragrance. It smells nice and feels well put together. The dry down takes on a Chanel vibe in my opinion. It does get powdery, but I did enjoy wearing this today.
04th August, 2017
I don't get green or woody. To me, this is aldehydic and powdery - bordering on cloying. Too bright, too formal.
15th May, 2017
I like cardamom but the longevity on this one is weak. It's a spicy juniper cardamom bolsted by sauna wood. It's different enough that some people will choose it for formal or office wear. The oudh softens the wood and the musk cleans it up.
21st April, 2017
To me it smells mostly woody-green with aspects of pepper, white florals and musk. It is well blended and gives a good projection and lasts quite long.

The only 'problem' is that it is obviously built mostly on synthetic compounds and I get this feeling of a woody-green fragrance that doesn't really smell natural. It smells good, but there is an element of synthetic-ness in it, I feel.

It is a unisex fragrance in my opinion and will fit equally well on men and women.
11th February, 2017
It is refined no doubt, but almost refined to the point that it becomes over-balanced. It feels like Ormondo Jayne is so eager to express almost every statement of modern masculine fragrances - it loses distinction to its voice.

But on the other hand, it DOES express almost every statement of what i associate with modern masculinity in perfumes, and it does every one of those statements better than most. Beautifully balanced and without a trace of dissonance.

Effortless elegance, but a tiny bit boring.
13th April, 2015