Pure Poison (2004)

PerfumerCarlos Benaim
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Pure Poison

Carlos Benaim:

The fragrances of the Poison line take new directions with daring provocation.  They are fragrances created to surprise and astonish, to let women assert their femininity with confidence.

Pure Poison fragrance notes

Reviews of Pure Poison

rbaker Show all reviews
The beginning is jasmine with a slightly hesperidic undertone, but the core of this creation is floral, pure floral. Gardenia -thinned out compared to older samples - orange blossom, hints of geranium and white of a very slimline non-waxy tuberose make up the first phase in its development.

The drydown and the base are a conglomerate of ambroxan, an nondescript white musk and a very generic patchouli, rounded off by a small amount of benzoin. Very much pure advanced biochemistry laboratory but without any originality in the latest version.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

Very generic in the second half especially, a pleasant spring scent that in never unpleasant and its sweetness surprisingly uncluttered, but overall nothing exciting in the contemporary edition, which is like Poison Lite compared to the older version.

This poison does not cause pain and does not kill, but it does not delight either. 2.5/5.
04th July, 2016
This is for me a very light white floral - a mixture of jasmine, tuberose and gardenia. The Turin/Sanchez review describes it as a powerhouse, stretching its effect for "three city blocks." It must have calmed down a bit since she reviewed it, quite tame by my standards.

It's perfectly pleasant, but of no distinction, and not worth the four stars Ms. Sanchez confers upon it, in my opinion.

I don't get any of the candied orange peel or woodiness. Perhaps Dior has reformulated it.

Ah, well, even if its decibel level were increased, I wouldn't be compelled to try it again. Decent, but unremarkable.
07th November, 2015
Salutation.

PURE POISON is one of the best floral perfumes.Surely DIOR style and have a perfect balance of passion and Composure and in my opinion this is something that makes this scent EXCLUSIVE.It is truly Gorgeous.

Artistic,Elegant,Feminine,Classy and Special.The freshness of different citrus is complemented by Jasmine in the top notes However jasmine is dominant in the begining until the end on my skin.Romantic and Charming without being harsh.

Certainly this composition is Subtle and Sophisticated for a floral scent.It is more Natural than most Modern perfumes.A perfume for queen in AUTUMN/WINTER Eveneings.i recommended it for lady between 30/50 years old.ideal for present too.PURE POISON is Enjoyable to wear indeed.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

22nd April, 2015
"Dioresque".<p>A really dioresque one. Easy but well combined mélange of white flowers and musk with hints of sandalwood and classy hesperides affording at once since the beginning modern brightness and classicism. Uncompromisingly feminine and floral. I detect minimal hints of fruits (peaches??) but probably is just an illusion. This fragrance is all about jasmine, gardenia and delicate white flowers with a touch of spices. These elements (combined with bergamot) project a typical classic-luxurious french spark. I detect a final ghosty hint of soothing benzoin or amber that, in combination with musk and spices, arouses an intimate, almost carnal, undertone. Versatile and effective.<p>Pros: Classy and versatile
Cons: A bit too much synthetic"</p>
30th August, 2013 (last edited: 22nd December, 2013)
Beautiful white floral fragrance. If you want a longlasting, unique, feminine scent this is a must have (along with Fracas).
29th April, 2013
The first time I tried this, I sampled the old formulation and got a blast of gardenia I could only describe as ghastly. Now that I have a bottle of the new formulation, I miss that gardenia. However, I think its disappearance (or at least, the downplaying of it) makes for a better perfume and one that fits into the Poison lineup better. I don't find this to be a warm scent at all; rather to me, it's sophisticated, cool, and slightly aloof.

The strong, sharp topnotes of citrus and bergamot initially play as hairspray to my nose and cut through what could otherwise be a sweet white floral. I find especially in cold weather, the floral goes very soapy, but it's nice either way. Regardless of formulation, this has very little staying power on me, but the warm amber-sandalwood drydown is worth sticking around for. I get zero musk and almost no jasmine by the end.

Sprayed on fabric, the scent is far less linear and has better longevity. Worth trying.
20th December, 2012

Add your review of Pure Poison

Shop for Pure Poison products online

Shop for Pure Poison at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pure Poison

Member images of Pure Poison

There are no member images of Pure Poison yet. Why not be the first?