Angel Garden Of Stars - Lily Angel (2005)
by Thierry Mugler

SupplierQuest International
PackagingThierry Mugler
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Angel Garden Of Stars - Lily Angel

The "Garden of Stars" series is intended to reach out to both consumers who are fans and those that do not like the original Angel.
Angel is a Woody-Foody scent with no floral notes -- this new range intends to 'floralize' the scent. The three fragrances are Violet Angel, The Lily Angel and Peony Angel.

Angel Garden Of Stars - Lily Angel fragrance notes

Reviews of Angel Garden Of Stars - Lily Angel

Le Lys, like her sisters from Angel Garden series, opens with a light touch of classic Angel patchouli + honey combo. Though chocolate is not listed, the patch-honey combo kind reminds of it.

After about an hour, patchouli mellows and hands off the relay to lily. Honey is always there and I smell something like baked nuts as well. It kind makes me think of mixing Miroir des Envies with A Travers le Miroir while lily is still the main role. At this stage, it's not obivious that Le Lys is actually an Angel flanker.

After about 4 hours, patchouli resurfaces and reclaims the Angel liaison. Though it smells Mugler style patchouli, it's soft in Le Lys and under the control of lily and honey. The whole scent remains tender and close to skin for another 4 hours.

Le Lys is actually a romantic lily fragrance with a hint of Angel. Even if you're put off by the patchouli and the sweetness in the original version, Le Lys could still be your 'Angel'.
19th December, 2018
Top Notes: Fruity Notes, Hyacinth, Water Lily, Lily of the Valley.

Heart Notes: Nutmeg, Honey, Caraway.

Base Notes: Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla.

I have been on a quest for lily fragrances lately, so I purchased a mini of Angel Le Lys with the hope of discovering a lovely lily note in it. Sadly, and much to my dismay, I cannot detect lily in this fragrance. Perhaps my nose is not well trained enough to tease it out. To my nose, this smells very much like Angel EdT except it is a bit sharper. I still detect a lot of patchouli in Le Lys. The light florals are too entangled for me to discuss them intelligently. I do not detect the heart notes at all, unfortunately as I love nutmeg and honey. There is a hint of amber in the deep dry down, but once again I mainly detect patchouli.

Performance is average for this Angel flanker. If you like Angel EdP or Angel EdT, then you would probably enjoy Le Lys. As usual for Mugler, the bottle is quite unique. I like the bottle and the pink colour of the perfume. However, I would not repurchase this fragrance because I already own both Angel EdP and EdT, and Angel body creme, which by the way smells even better than the EdP. If you have any of these last three in your collection, you really do not need Le Lys and would be better off with a totally different Mugler or a different perfume altogether.

I am giving this flanker a neutral because it really is too similar to the original Angel to warrant purchasing a full bottle of it. It is not at all a bad fragrance, but it offers nothing new and would not fill a gap in one's collection if one already owns Angel EdP or EdT.
11th April, 2017
The top notes are really strong - a big blast of earthiness with a strong tobacco kick which settles down when the sweetness starts to show up. The fruitiness is not very citrusy, it's more like a fruit cocktail. I find the sweet notes a little too strong to make this a keeper, but it's worth a try if you go for that cotton-candy-with-a-side-of-powdery-melon sort of thing. One thing I'm not getting from all this business however, is lily. I just don't find it that noticeable.
22nd November, 2012
I see this fragrance as being a refreshing spin on the original Angel.

The lily, honey and fruity notes gives Le Lys an almost watery freshness and an undeniable casual feel.

This fragrance is missing the dark chocolatey notes which make up the original making this scent much lighter and for some, more wearable.

Le Lys is so fresh and different, clean almost. The dominant lily note makes this fragrance sparkle with vibrancy and colour. This is a variation of Angel at its prettiest.

The lasting strength is good yet the sillage is no where near as powerful as Angel is, however I admire this fragrance's subtlety. For lovers of lily fragrances or people searching for a lighter or fresher version of Angel.

05th June, 2011
Although my latest love interest is Poeme, this one will forever be love of my life. Strange, unusual, complex, powerful, wild, beautiful... I'll be missing you!
21st March, 2011
Another beautiful variation of Angel with springy lily notes...Gorgeous...

Big thumbs up...!!!
10th March, 2011

Add your review of Angel Garden Of Stars - Lily Angel

Shop for Angel Garden Of Stars - Lily Angel products online

Member images of Angel Garden Of Stars - Lily Angel

There are no member images of Angel Garden Of Stars - Lily Angel yet. Why not be the first?