parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Wood Coffee (2005)
    by Comme des Garçons

Average Rating: 3

Based on 21 ratings

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Wood Coffee Fragrance Notes

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Wood Coffee information

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Wood Coffee is a unisex fragrance by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Wood Coffee

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

NouvelleVague's avatar

Very disappointed. I've been looking for a good, warm gourmand scent and this was awful on me. From the bottle I could smell coffee bean and sugar along with some wood, but once I put it on me all the sweetness disappeared. I couldn't smell anything but musty wood and licquorice on my skin. I know I've got some strange skin chemistry, but the smell reminded me of a chinese herbalist shop. Ick.

22 October, 2007

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

A nice warm, cosy roasted coffee scent with a hint of licorice. Perhaps a little sweet and musty though and it has no throw or staying power on me - I put on quite a lot and had to smell my skin closely to feel it.

14 August, 2006

Wonderful opening accord—spicy, exotic—with the woods already showing up from the bottom notes. I really don’t get the licorice, but the aromas I do get are great. Unfortunately, they don’t last very long before the mid notes take over—this becomes a problem. Almonds, curry, and…coffee? I don’t think so. I get almonds and I can believe that curry is there in among the muddled leftovers of the openers. Then there’s something that smells more like incense than coffee. This is the first fragrance with ‘coffee’ that I haven’t been able to smell the coffee. The dry down is very nice and retains the spicy dryness of the fragrance while reintroducing the woods—and there’s a nice touch of vanilla, which adds a lot of charm, a relief from the prominent aridness, and last minute evidence that this scent DOES belong in the Sweet series.
    I respect the dryness of this scent, but without a significant coffee, this scent has no real hook. For dryness I prefer L’Artisans’ Timbuktu, which doesn’t advertise ghost ingredients, has a more artistic aridity, and lasts much longer than Wood Coffee.

20th May, 2006

cedriceccentric's avatar

Belgium Belgium

I love this. Very woody notes, accentuated by the dryness of spices. Sort of a spicy cedar. Just enough roundness thanks to the touch of vanilla.
    It's the least "Sweet" in this particular CdG Series, and maybe also the most typically masculine.

05 May, 2006

siren65's avatar

I am going to disagree with everyone...i really liked this. It started off gently spicy and then left me with a dry down that really was subtle...it didn't smell like perfume. it honestly smelled as if i had stuck my wrist in a bag of espresso several hours after putting a very nice perfume on. I really like its warm unperfume perfume smell. THis is my favourite of the series, easily, along with nomad tea.

23 March, 2006

Echo777's avatar

Not as many "coffee" notes as the name might initally suggest. More of a vanilla and anise direction here. Somewhat sweet...in a cocoa and vanilla kind of way. Take it or leave it.

04 January, 2006