parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Burnt Sugar (2005)
    by Comme des Garçons

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 17 ratings

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Burnt Sugar Fragrance Notes

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Burnt Sugar information

parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Burnt Sugar is a unisex fragrance by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 7 Sweet: Burnt Sugar

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

Smells like french toast served with honey. Its very bread-like, slightly milky and honeyed. Sugary yes, but I wouldn`t call it burnt.
    It smells delicious and very unisex.

Quite unique. Something similar to Liquid Karl, although they are eventually quite different.

Forever lasting pleasure for the fans of gourmands, especially for those who don`t like their edible stuff to be overtly sweet.

Btw, apart from those foody notes, jasmin is very easily detectible, although its blended in smoothly and it doesn`t make this actually a floral scent by any means.

15 November, 2008

beltz's avatar

I am in love with this. I love gourmand scents and this one fills the role better than any other I have tried. Sadly, it is discontinued.

It smells like its name. Burnt sugar. Caramelized brown sugar.

It has great longevity, decent sillage and I would eat the stuff and bath in it if I could.

15 July, 2008

cedriceccentric's avatar

Belgium Belgium

Maybe the most original gourmand scent available on the market.

05 May, 2006

Here come the comfort foods! French toast, spice cake, tea, warm milk — honeyed, delectable, wonderfully reminiscent — enjoy! Burnt Sugar is a full-fledged gourmand scent that is very youthful and primarily unisex. It opens with spice — star anise and cinnamon; and a floral — orange blossom. The middle is sweet, sweet, and sweet with honey and spice cake. With the base I don’t get much hot milk, but I get vanilla and more spice cake and honey. It’s a unique fun fragrance, appropriate for a really fun person, I suppose. I think it requires someone younger than I to really appreciate it as a wearable fragrance.

03 May, 2006 (Last Edited: 07 April, 2008)

siren65's avatar

sweet swweet swwweet/ I smelled it in the phial and thought: aaah. this is lovely. balanced. delicious. put it on and almost passed out from the sweetness. fortunately it developed into something a bit more complex, but for my money Nomad Tea or Wood Coffee are much better from this series.

23 March, 2006

the_gabba_goul's avatar

Ambiguity, and mystery...typical of what CDG has made us come to expect...this scent is absolutely intreaguing, CDG does it again, making us question our own perception of what a scent it, and who it's for, pushing us to the limit, and bringing us back masterfully...Burnt sugar smells so sweet, so unmistakibly feminine upon first application...but then the sweet segues perfectly into a spicy mysterious heatwave, which mellows out into something of a soothing, botanical scent, all the while spicy and sweet, but deffiantely not ordinary...this scent is saffron colored flags waving against a clear blue sky, as a wise old sage pours you tea in an enormous garden, and bends your mind with his contemplations of the universe...deffinately something special, not to be missed by any man or woman...

30th December, 2005