McGregor (1983)

Parent CompanyPallinghurst Resources

About McGregor

McGregor is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was launched in 1983

Reviews of McGregor

Mostly out of curiosity, and because of its wonderful back story (see above), I bought McGregor, thinking if nothing else, at the end of the transaction I’d have a bottle on my shelf called “McGregor” and that was about the level of winning to which I aspired. Calling it a sheepish chypre is surely me succumbing to a clannish urge to indulge in Scottish stereotype (Hey McLeod, get off of my ewe etc.) but there really is a subtlety to this scent for which the knowledge that you’re smelling an early 80s release by Faberge in no way prepares you: the lime and sage notes dominate, but in harmony with a restrained patchouli darting in and out over top of a steady bass line of vetiver. Elsewhere, I’ve seen McGregor referred to as “harsh” but that’s the name and the company getting in the way of the scent: this isn’t Danny Boyle’s Trainspotting sequel (Begbie about to head butt), it’s the James Bond of Sean Connery in grey flannel, eyebrow cocked.
20th November, 2015
A very nice masculine chypre - not outstanding like a Cabochard or a Quorum, but very very nice - gentle, soft. This has become my every day chypre, with the aforementioned other two as my "special event" chypres.

Thanks to Faberge for creating a decent, gentle, not over the top, chypre at a decent price.
05th October, 2012
What a nice surprise! A blind buy reminiscent of Polo Crest (even the bottle is similar) and Chevignon, with an herbaceous opening of lime and sage, mixed with patchouli and vetiver, and although I'm not discerning enough to identify it exactly, maybe a hint of anise in the base somewhere? With Polo Crest nearly impossible to find and Chevignon becoming more so, this will become my fall back replacement. Available at less than a 1/4 of what either of the former go for on eBay, I'd say it's a safe buy.
22nd June, 2012

Add your review of McGregor

Shop for McGregor products online

Shop for McGregor at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for McGregor

Member images of McGregor

There are no member images of McGregor yet. Why not be the first?