Samarkand (198)

Parent Company at launchBody Shop

About Samarkand

Samarkand is a masculine fragrance by Body Shop. The scent was launched in 198

Reviews of Samarkand

Absolutely enchanting fragrance, which my wife and I have loved for a very long time. I'm getting woodsy scents and a good bit of spice, but it's so harmonious I can't really pick it apart. Can anyone else? Better still, please forward further suggestions for reasonable facsimilies.
21st April, 2015
I loved this perfume so much when it was first launched in the 80's and still have a tiny amount left. I was so disappointed when it was discontinued. HOWEVER all is not lost beautiful people - I think that I may have discoverd the closest match yet!! Quite by chance whilst in the high street outlet 'Lush', I came across a perfume called 'Dear John' and though not a perfect match I felt compelled to purchase several bottles. The price range is very reasonable also, from six pound upwards and so you have nothing to loose, give it a try. Remember, if you like it stock up as I have a feeling that this is going to be a good seller.
11th December, 2011
Lovely perfume oil from the good ole days when TBS made quality stuff. i still own a full bottle of Samarkand i bought in 1986. I also LOVE another one called Herb (also have a bottle of it..thank goodness!). These scents really bring back wonderful memories of the 80s. Does anyone remember how one is attracted to the Body Shop just by the wonderful intoxicating smell from their perfume bar situated near the entrance?

Btw, Samarkand is the Body Shop's version of vintage paco rabanne, only 20x stronger and longer lasting!!! Btw, Annie is modelled after Anais Anais and L'aird is modelled after L'aird du Temps. How I know? I still kept the very old Body Shop pamphlet and its all stated there!!! :P
11th March, 2011 (last edited: 28th June, 2011)
To me it smells like Cabochard (and a prefume called Bandit that I discovered recently). I spent years looking for Samakand replicas only to discover Cabochard on my mothers dressing table. Surprising as my mother doesn't like sandalwood or oils, and her bottle of cabochard looked so old fashioned that I never bothered trying it, instead I smelt a lot of aftershaves in deprtment stores. Neither of these seem to have the staying power of the oil - I wish I had bought a litre of it back when it was available - but who would have thought they would discontinue such a wonderful smell - it felt fresh, exotic, mysterious, sporty and even coped with the smell of tabacoo from smoking. I wish they brought it back.
08th May, 2008
I used to love it too. I still have
a tiny amount left which I save for
special occasions.

Now that essential oils are all the
rage here, I'm trying to find someone with a good enough nose to duplicate it or something close.

If I have any luck, I'll post again...

27th March, 2007
i used to love this fragrance. anyone think they could dupe it?
23rd September, 2006

Add your review of Samarkand

Shop for Samarkand products online

Search Amazon for Samarkand

Member images of Samarkand

There are no member images of Samarkand yet. Why not be the first?