Frapin 1270
    by Frapin

Frapin 1270 Fragrance notes

Vine Flowers, Candied Orange, Hazelnuts, Cocoa, Coffee, Leather, Woods, White Honey, Vanilla, Grape, Plum, Spices

Shop for Frapin 1270 products online

Reviews of Frapin 1270

Showing 1 to 6 of 39 reviews.

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Frapin 1270 is a reputable boozy/fruity semi-gourmand never sliding towards the dangerous territories of the overly intense yummy mellifluence. This scent indeed is an epitome of the cozy luxurious olfactory creations with all their subtle arsenal of seasoned cognac aftertaste, perfumed woods, mellow fruits, sweet spices and hints of something edible (cocoa, coffee, candied fruits, vanilla, plums) to appeal the palate. The relative atmosphere conjures effectively fireplaces, leather coaches, chandeliers, candels, bar corners and soft live music. The edible presence is for real well modulated and almost restrained, never standing out in vest of really mastering vibe. I detect by soon plums, may be candied peaches/apricot and spicy/boozy orange on my wrist, an appealing initial geyser with faint leather nuances (absolutely never over the measure but appointed just in order to provide a suede type of silkiness as undertone). The soon emerging cocoa/coffe gourmand accord is in a while rounding and encompassing with its tonka/tobacco boozy "under-vein" conjuring sorts of whiskey creamy liqueurs feel and luxurious dark fruity/liquorous pieces of artisanal chocolates. The following evolution morphs the aroma towards a more ordinary woody/spicy/suede dry down which provides more stableness, refinement, measure and wearability. In spite 1270 is well appointed and never over the limits of balance and delicacy it's not properly a type of fragrance I would ever dare to purchase since in my current ordinary life out I don't spot right occasions to exploit such an aroma, included cozy occasions, being me eventually in those cases probably more orientated towards something from Slumberhouse, Lutens, Memo, Hilde Soliani or Parfumerie Generale.

18 February, 2014

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

A rich candied raisin aroma hits me from the word "go" and a nut note is added soon. The drydown adds a peppery-spicy component with fruity plum. Soon appears what is to me the star of the performance: A rich, bright, delicious honey. This gourmand is well-blended but also displays nice nuances and development. Projection and silage are very good, as is the longevity at seven hours. It's a shame that autumn is so far away...

19 January, 2014

Oproust's avatar
    Oproust

1270 evokes a summer stroll along a Main Street in a small village in Door County. It's 80 degrees, you are wearing shorts and flip flops and this lush aroma of freshly made candy dares you to walk in the candy shop door and sneak just one piece. 1270 invites a sniff, then another, then another. We are in gourmand land and it's kind of nice. Dried fruits, coffee and cocoa introduce me to 1270. A soft leather note and florals soon emerge. I smell mainly vanilla and honey in the drydown. I find 1270 to have enough complexity to hold my interest. 1270 lasts over eight sweet hours on my skin. This is one of the more compelling gourmands I've tried. Definitely unisex. Definitely recommended.

31st December, 2013

sjg3839's avatar
    sjg3839

Light and boozy, this semi-gourmand fragrance is safe and non-cloying. Dried fruits that turns into a vanilla vibe fragrance. I could see myself purchasing a bottle of this for a good price.

26 December, 2013

Nosey49's avatar
    Nosey49

Nice scent but not really that unique.

Sillage is OK.

Longevity is not good. Becomes a skin scent very quickly.

If it were much cheaper I would buy it and reapply during the day.

08 November, 2013

sierra 18's avatar
    sierra 18
    Switzerland Switzerland

Soft comfort in exquisite style.

My first Frapin fragrance I ever bought, which led me to acquire quite a few more by this maker of delightful, comforting scent. Most of what you read in these comments is, in my opinion, accurate. This is a boozy, rum-scented creation which is the olfactory equivalent of being wrapped in a very soft, very comfortable Frette cashmere blanket.

Once the initial rum fades, a very pleasant dry-down of vanilla and dried fruit remains, enveloping you in soft comfort that is never overwhelming or cloying. Just one of the most amazing fragrances I have experienced, from start to finish. I often treat myself by putting it on before work. Since my work involves wearing a uniform, my civilian clothes hang for 11 hours on my locker. After shift and a shower, changing into my going-home shirt, redolent of 1270, is an experience that makes my heart lift even after the worst shift.

Since this scent is not cloying, overly sweet, harsh in the corners or too strong, chances are, you will be very happy with this choice.

Pros: Never cloying, beautiful in every stage from start to finish.
    Cons: None.

02 July, 2013