1270 (2010)

HouseFrapin

About 1270

1270 is a shared / unisex perfume by Frapin. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of 1270

1270 is a 'grown up' gourmand fragrance with a large array of notes. There is a brief orange note that leads to candied and lightly spiced prunes and grapes steeped in wine and rum. All of this is wrapped in a honeyed vanillic ambience with a hint of florals. The vanilla has an ambery hint, however the honey note is more prominent and together with dried fruits and warm spirits round off the composition.

While the basic structure is well conceived, 1270 falls short in execution as it comes across as not being enough well-engineered. Beyond the first couple of hours the individual notes become too dense and form a warm, fruity, honeyed ambery accord that is less exciting than what went on before, and this accord persists into the dry down. Additionally it is rather weak with low sillage and inadequate duration on skin.

Anyone looking for a 'grown up' warm gourmand fragrance would be suggested to try Arabie and Dior's Eau Noire (though the latter is rather rare these days).

11th May, 2017
Gourmand Muesli of the highest order. Its sweet but just a nudge away from too sweet. I've seen a few fragrances that go into this territory and end up too sweet or overly cheap chemical smelling. Its definitely unisex and would be perfect for a date or a formal night out. This is one of the best gourmands up there with Eau Duelle for me. Cozy, fall/Christmasy, and sexy. The bluesky grape in particular really makes the scent more than above average. What a nice touch.
03rd May, 2017
Frapin 1270 is agreeable and pleasant, and, if cheaper, one I'd gravitate toward but it suffers from being a little uninspiring.

Don't get me wrong---I like its sweetness, a mix of honeyed nuts, cocoa, and seemingly a variety of fruit---but its performance is just so limited. As it dries down into a bed of woods and leather, it becomes a little bit less of a sweet gourmand and more of a balanced fragrance that, while still much like fruity baked goods, nonetheless comes back to a more familiar place with some traditional cold weather elements.

Its inspiration is cognac, and I have to say upon first wearing that it doesn't strike me as especially boozy but far more of the sweet and fruity mix. The opening was more akin to Profumum Acqua e Zucchero (sweet, fruity water) and the dry down is more like a sweet tobacco/incense.

I like a bit, but it's difficult to enjoy a lot in colder weather when it doesn't project.

7 out of 10
21st March, 2017
I love it.
Oh, wow, I love it.

Edit: I felt like I didn't need to write anything else, but well...
It opens with sweet citrus fruit: lime, orange and mandarine, all sweet.

Then it goes towards vanilla, hazelnut and chocolate. Nothing cloying. I get the candied grape later.

Wearable yummy at all stages. Oh, wow, I love it.
09th January, 2017 (last edited: 14th April, 2017)
Future Jason:

First you got a small sample of this. Which convinced you to get a bigger sample of this. Which, despite it being a bit spendy, and despite your being a total cheapskate, inspired you to get a full bottle.

You haven't been disappointed--it is one of the things you wear most often. You do find yourself wondering why the samples seemed to last longer than the juice from the full bottle. You wonder if you got caught up in some massive conspiracy--one that would invariably involve guns, espionage, and motor boats--that ended up with compromised bottles of 1270 hanging about. Most days you're still more than satisfied with how long it lasts. Every day you wear it, you're very happy with the scent. Nice find. Keep it up.
28th January, 2016
jonnyv Show all reviews
I really wanted this to perform better than it did.

After spraying this morning it settled down to a skin scent after 30 minutes, and only really became noticeable during the day when the sun warmed my skin up.

Probably suitable for summer, but I wanted to use this in winter.

UPDATE 26th March 2015.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just bought a bottle of this and tried it again today, and I realised where I went wrong before.
I only had a 1.6ml sample and lightly sprayed myself to test and it didn't really project much.
but now I have a 100ml bottle I sprayed 4 times on my neck and one on my chest and im very happy with my purchase.
30th September, 2014 (last edited: 26th March, 2015)

Add your review of 1270