Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia (1999)
by Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia information

Year of Launch1999

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchAcqua di Parma

About Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia

Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 1999

Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia fragrance notes

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia

Candy-sweet star anise & orange at first. A sweet, Jordan almond candy note comes next. There is lots of vanilla here, too. I get no ylang ylang at all - it must be smothered.

Sweetness prevails. It does become dustier with time. Almond & vanilla still dominate.

Slight buzzy base with wood and musk. This one fails to greatly impress, with its over-stated candy accord. May be more fun, in warmer months. It is, what it is.

26th February, 2019
Egads!! Deep, slightly boozy almond-vanilla-star anise gourmand that belied expectation for me!

Starts and stays in a sweet confectioner's paste mode for a while. Bergamot and orange are like 5% detectable, as the scent goes immediately to gourmand mode. Ylang is strategically well-placed, adding its slightly tart-banana-like florality amidst this. And the cedar, tolu balsam, and musk add subtle starchy support ever so gradually.

I had expected some sort of "blue Mediterranean" citrus-aquatic fragrance upon first read of the label before testing. Instead, I got a near-close to Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanille Amber.

Pleasant scent, but personally I'd like to smell this on a lady, not a man.
10th December, 2018
Today I went for a stroll through a large shopping centre and ended up in the perfumer area, as is usual. I decided to try a few new (to me) fragrances.

After reading many reviews here from people whose opinions I trust, I tend to stay away from overpriced and overhyped colognes. I'll try a Creed every now and then and do own GIT, but generally don't consider purchasing most Creeds, Tom Fords or Aqua di Parmas; just can't justify the expense.

Today though I decided to try Blu Mediterraneo - Sicilian Almond. Talk about a complete shock! This blew me away instantly with its amoretto-like top note. What a bomb it is. I tried to pin down the notes, but all I could get was almond/orange and vanilla. This is unlike anything I have ever smelt. Perhaps in the realm of A*Men in its sweet, overpowering kind of way.

So it's a bomb with massive sillage, but would it last? Two hours later it was still very strong. After a walk in the park and a bit of research work (three and a half hours later along) I am still catching whiffs of it. It has lost its mighty power and is no longer blasting its way through my brain, but still basically smells as it did when I first applied the 3 sprays. Is it possible for a perfume to have top, middle and base notes next to identical? I reckon this one varies little in the dry down.

Like A*Men, it could be considered a bit too big, sweet and cloying, but I really don't get a lot of enjoyment out of subtle scents that disappear almost immediately. Pour Monsieur is a case in point. Its gorgeous, but after 10 minutes on my skin it disappears.

This is a bit of a monster and won't suit those who dislike beastly performance or those that back away from the sweet, feminine style fragrances.

I think this will find its way onto my shelves.
10th October, 2017
Smells like a rootbeer float. It lasts as long as vintage Aventus.
06th December, 2016 (last edited: 16th July, 2018)
chad888 Show all reviews
This is a grower on me and definitely one that depends on your mood.

It is a delicious smell but a little confusing, what i get:

Imagine biting into one of those fancy chocolates you can buy, the outer coating is milk chocolate, a really amooth and milky chocolate, that is just the coating. The filling is a creamy vanilla ooze, vanilla with hints of fruit, a very peachy mandarin, not a citrus mandarin. This chocolate came from the alcoholic chocolate box though, there is definitely hints of Amaretto in there. Amaretto with a strong almond taste, not as if biting into a solid almond but very almondy amaretto.

So to summarise, chocolate coating with a vanilla flavoured centre with hints of peach, mandarin and very almond flavoured amaretto.
13th May, 2016
You have to like gourmand fragrances to enjoy AdP MSA. I only occasionally like this type scent, because they tend to give me a headache after a couple hours wear.

AdP MSA is mostly almond and vanilla, with a hints of rum and a slight citrus zest. If it were a cake, I'd gladly tuck into a large slice. However, there's just enough of a rum or liquor note to make me think of an amaretto coffee with a shot and ton of creme. If you're into the gourmands, you'll like it. If not, pass it by. Neutral for me.
08th May, 2016