Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia (1999)
by Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia information

Year of Launch1999

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchAcqua di Parma

About Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia

Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 1999

Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia fragrance notes

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia

Today I went for a stroll through a large shopping centre and ended up in the perfumer area, as is usual. I decided to try a few new (to me) fragrances.

After reading many reviews here from people whose opinions I trust, I tend to stay away from overpriced and overhyped colognes. I'll try a Creed every now and then and do own GIT, but generally don't consider purchasing most Creeds, Tom Fords or Aqua di Parmas; just can't justify the expense.

Today though I decided to try Blu Mediterraneo - Sicilian Almond. Talk about a complete shock! This blew me away instantly with its amoretto-like top note. What a bomb it is. I tried to pin down the notes, but all I could get was almond/orange and vanilla. This is unlike anything I have ever smelt. Perhaps in the realm of A*Men in its sweet, overpowering kind of way.

So it's a bomb with massive sillage, but would it last? Two hours later it was still very strong. After a walk in the park and a bit of research work (three and a half hours later along) I am still catching whiffs of it. It has lost its mighty power and is no longer blasting its way through my brain, but still basically smells as it did when I first applied the 3 sprays. Is it possible for a perfume to have top, middle and base notes next to identical? I reckon this one varies little in the dry down.

Like A*Men, it could be considered a bit too big, sweet and cloying, but I really don't get a lot of enjoyment out of subtle scents that disappear almost immediately. Pour Monsieur is a case in point. Its gorgeous, but after 10 minutes on my skin it disappears.

This is a bit of a monster and won't suit those who dislike beastly performance or those that back away from the sweet, feminine style fragrances.

I think this will find its way onto my shelves.
10th October, 2017
Smells like a rootbeer float. It lasts as long as vintage Aventus (until you shower in other words).
06th December, 2016
chad888 Show all reviews
This is a grower on me and definitely one that depends on your mood.

It is a delicious smell but a little confusing, what i get:

Imagine biting into one of those fancy chocolates you can buy, the outer coating is milk chocolate, a really amooth and milky chocolate, that is just the coating. The filling is a creamy vanilla ooze, vanilla with hints of fruit, a very peachy mandarin, not a citrus mandarin. This chocolate came from the alcoholic chocolate box though, there is definitely hints of Amaretto in there. Amaretto with a strong almond taste, not as if biting into a solid almond but very almondy amaretto.

So to summarise, chocolate coating with a vanilla flavoured centre with hints of peach, mandarin and very almond flavoured amaretto.
13th May, 2016
You have to like gourmand fragrances to enjoy AdP MSA. I only occasionally like this type scent, because they tend to give me a headache after a couple hours wear.

AdP MSA is mostly almond and vanilla, with a hints of rum and a slight citrus zest. If it were a cake, I'd gladly tuck into a large slice. However, there's just enough of a rum or liquor note to make me think of an amaretto coffee with a shot and ton of creme. If you're into the gourmands, you'll like it. If not, pass it by. Neutral for me.
08th May, 2016
One of the most gourmandy of gourmands, and the first of the Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo line that I've actually tried, Mandorlo di Sicilia is a very pleasant and sweet mix of almond, anise, and vanilla. I liken it to liquors and liqueurs, perhaps being the closest expression to amaretto as I've smelled in a fragrance. It doesn't involve much evolution, as it's only slightly more acidic at its opening as it is in its drydown, but that's certainly fine since it's not unbearable at its start. The main top notes are almond and anise, which work surprisingly well, with a base of vanilla and cedar, among other more subservient notes.

Projection and longevity are both good, and I see this working as a year-round day fragrance as it's refreshingly sweet but not so heavy or light, and is fun, not serious.

Bottom line, this is only for fans of gourmands. Comparisons to root beer and other beverages are valid, and this certainly primarily reminds of sweet food/drink above all else. I found it a little too liquor-ish on my skin to probably buy, but this is good to try if for no other reason to indulge your curiosity, given how distinct it is from some of the Blu Mediterraneo line, which are generally on the fresh/fruity side.

7 out of 10
23rd May, 2015
A sweet yet delicate gourmand. Almond and vanilla notes are predominant here. I don't agree with the "bubblegum" vibe but I can see what people mean. It does smell of coffee and sugar a little to me but very much in a delicate way. I find it a very pleasant fragrance and those who like this kind of gourmand will enjoy it very much.
21st November, 2013 (last edited: 10th May, 2014)

Add your review of Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia products online

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond / Mandorlo di Sicilia