Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri (1999)
    by Acqua di Parma

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 129 ratings

Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri Fragrance Notes

Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri information

Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri is a unisex fragrance by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 1999

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri products online

75ml EdT
    $90.33*
    75ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 54.00)
    $123.79*
    150ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 74.00)

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri

Showing 1 to 6 of 27 reviews.

Superlekker13's avatar

This is gorgeous. My last experience with a Blu scent was not so good (it gave me migraines). Attracted by the nice blue bottles, I tried again, supported by my boyfriends 11-year old twins. We quickly singled out this one as the yummiest, freshest orange and orange lemonade scent. Straightforward, relatively cheap, singular and simple but uplifting scent. Jollier and spritzier than Atelier Cologne, Orange Sanguine, less sophisticated than Malle's Bitter orange scent, Bigarade Concentree.

21st August, 2014

naz1's avatar

This is a delightful, juicy orange scent. Opens with green, herbaceous petitgrain and a slightly bitter orange note. After about a half hour, the petitgrain fades and I start to pick up on some caramel in the background. It's sweet, but not sugary, and I don't notice any development after the caramel and musk come through. Personally, that doesn't bother me, as I really love the orange/caramel/musk. Reminds me of mandarin oranges. I also love the combination of orange and cardamom, so it's a bit disappointing that I can't pick up on any cardamom.

I have to give it a neutral rating though, because the longevity is just not there. For the amount that Acqua di Parma charges, I shouldn't have to glue my nose to my wrist to get a whiff so soon after applying.

09 July, 2014

wormstir's avatar

Smells amazing - for about 10 minutes

This juice smells like the zest of a ripe italian mandarine - a wonderful citrus scent that smells good enough to eat and makes you immediately think of glorious sunshine. Right after this sweet candy orange comes a cool and airy green tea sort of vibe that makes the orange smell even more delicious.

However this range is definitely not the cheapest and for the price you are expected to pay the longevity is frankly laughable. Unfortunately this seems to be a problem throughout the entire BLU range, and arancia di capri is no different. After a heavy application of this I can't smell it on my skin or clothes after 45 minutes, by the time I have arrived at work it has already gone. It just evaporates, there is no base note to speak of. Shame. I find this fragrance to be very similar to Roget and Gallet's Bois D'Orange, which is much cheaper, although with the same poor longevity.

Pros: the smell of summer sunshine
    Cons: has the lifespan of a gnat</p>

14 June, 2013 (Last Edited: 10th April, 2014)

bugsy's avatar

Perfection in a bottle

Oh my! This stuff is flawless. This is the most amazing summertime fragrance you can purchase. I am not a fan of the bottle at all, but the juice inside is simply mesmerising. I can't see how anyone would dislike this scent. The opening of Arancia di Capri smells like you're cutting into a fresh mandarin. It is clean, it is refreshing, it is the best summertime fragrance you can purchase.

The opening lasts for about 35-60 minutes. After that it dries down and stays pretty linear. I still get the orange/mandarin and citrus vibe going throughout, but it is softer, it is much more soothing and creamy; I think this is due to the caramel (which isn't overly sweet). This fragrance is refreshing, it is clean and it is very smooth. It is perfection in a bottle.

Where Arancia falls short is in the sillage. People will smell you if they are close to you but you won't have a cloud around you - unfortunate that others won't enjoy it as much as the wearer. I get no problems in the longevity department, but most fragrances last longer on me than they do on other people. 6 1/2 hours in and the fragrance is still just as strong as it was in the dry down 5 1/2 hours ago. In my opinion, anything over 6 hours is considered excellent when it comes to a summer scent. This is the best summer fragrance I have ever experienced.

Pros: longevity, smell, versatility
    Cons: sillage

14 June, 2013

samgeee's avatar

Summer scent, winter scent--Who cares?! If I like a fragrance I wear it. I don't proscribe to labels or rules. Granted, I may be a bit biased, as I love anything citrus: key lime pie, lemonade, Mr. Clean... You name it!

Acqua di Parma Arancia di Capri has become my signature scent, largely in part because it makes me feel good, it smells good, and for whatever reason, works with my body's chemistry and lasts fairly long. I am basing my review on my experience with the fragrance.

On first spritz I get a smell of freshly cut oranges, which quickly morphs into orange zest. The zesty smell fades slowly and I detect a slight hint of grapefruit--just for a millisecond, followed by the smell of ripe clementines coupled with lemons and limes. I am in citrus heaven!

As the dry down continues the fragrance on my skin changes yet again to something slightly sweeter, like burnt lemon, and orange zest with just a slight hint of sugar. I also detect something slightly green... Coupled with something slightly smoky. I'm pretty sure it must be the cardamom. The citrus is still there hovering in the background like a ninja, waiting to come back to the front of the line.

Later... After the dry down, it smells slightly musky, and somewhat sweeter. The citrus is still there. The only way to describe the way it smells on my skin is if one imagines the smell of a sliced orange with brown sugar spread over it, and to then set it aflame. The smell reminds me of the of creme brulee mixed with oranges.

For whatever reason, the scent lasts 8-9 hours on my skin. I don't have an issue at all with the staying power. I have fairly oily skin, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I sometimes forget I'm wearing it, and later in the day I'll get a whiff of something that smells really good, only to realize that I'm smelling myself! When I embrace someone they always say: "Wow! You smell really good. What is that?, " or "you smell really clean, and sweet." I even had one friend say "you smell like melting candy. Its making me horny." WTF?! ( that was awkward, considering that was coming from my best friends wife)

I like that fact that the scent isn't a loud one. (Well it is pretty strong the first time you spritz) The scent sticks close to the skin, as scents should in my opinion. I am not a fan of scents the appear in the room before you do, or that linger once you're gone.

So! If you like citrus, this is the juice for you. If you don't. You won't!

OH! I have found that if I shower with the Arancia di Capri shower gel and then spritz, it lasts even longer than the 8-9 hours I get. Especially during the summer months. Granted I spritz 4 times in the cool/cold months: both sides of the neck, the back of the neck, and my chest. In the summer I have found that 3 spritzes is sufficient.

03 January, 2013 (Last Edited: 09 February, 2013)

odysseusm's avatar

Doesn't quite work on my skin.
    The opening is certainly very citrus-y and orange-y. I also get something like a peach note, very briefly. It is crisp and invigorating, though a bit like orange soda (as others have noticed) or an orange creamsicle.
    Then the scent picks up a simple, slightly sour musk note. At times it reminds me of a green cantaloupe. I don't care for it.
    There is also a green-leaf note which appears intermittently (the mate leaf). And then there is the caramel note -- not a big player here, but for me it lurks in the background.
    The whole thing seems like a jumble to me.

06 August, 2012