Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri (1999)
    by Acqua di Parma

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri products online

75ml EdT
    $90.33*
    75ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 54.00)
    $123.79*
    150ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 74.00)

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri

Showing 1 to 6 of 24 reviews.

bugsy's avatar
    bugsy

Perfection in a bottle

Oh my! This stuff is flawless. This is the most amazing summertime fragrance you can purchase. I am not a fan of the bottle at all, but the juice inside is simply mesmerising. I can't see how anyone would dislike this scent. The opening of Arancia di Capri smells like you're cutting into a fresh mandarin. It is clean, it is refreshing, it is the best summertime fragrance you can purchase.

The opening lasts for about 35-60 minutes. After that it dries down and stays pretty linear. I still get the orange/mandarin and citrus vibe going throughout, but it is softer, it is much more soothing and creamy; I think this is due to the caramel (which isn't overly sweet). This fragrance is refreshing, it is clean and it is very smooth. It is perfection in a bottle.

Where Arancia falls short is in the sillage. People will smell you if they are close to you but you won't have a cloud around you - unfortunate that others won't enjoy it as much as the wearer. I get no problems in the longevity department, but most fragrances last longer on me than they do on other people. 6 1/2 hours in and the fragrance is still just as strong as it was in the dry down 5 1/2 hours ago. In my opinion, anything over 6 hours is considered excellent when it comes to a summer scent. This is the best summer fragrance I have ever experienced.

Pros: longevity, smell, versatility
    Cons: sillage

14 June, 2013

samgeee's avatar
    samgeee

Summer scent, winter scent--Who cares?! If I like a fragrance I wear it. I don't proscribe to labels or rules. Granted, I may be a bit biased, as I love anything citrus: key lime pie, lemonade, Mr. Clean... You name it!

Acqua di Parma Arancia di Capri has become my signature scent, largely in part because it makes me feel good, it smells good, and for whatever reason, works with my body's chemistry and lasts fairly long. I am basing my review on my experience with the fragrance.

On first spritz I get a smell of freshly cut oranges, which quickly morphs into orange zest. The zesty smell fades slowly and I detect a slight hint of grapefruit--just for a millisecond, followed by the smell of ripe clementines coupled with lemons and limes. I am in citrus heaven!

As the dry down continues the fragrance on my skin changes yet again to something slightly sweeter, like burnt lemon, and orange zest with just a slight hint of sugar. I also detect something slightly green... Coupled with something slightly smoky. I'm pretty sure it must be the cardamom. The citrus is still there hovering in the background like a ninja, waiting to come back to the front of the line.

Later... After the dry down, it smells slightly musky, and somewhat sweeter. The citrus is still there. The only way to describe the way it smells on my skin is if one imagines the smell of a sliced orange with brown sugar spread over it, and to then set it aflame. The smell reminds me of the of creme brulee mixed with oranges.

For whatever reason, the scent lasts 8-9 hours on my skin. I don't have an issue at all with the staying power. I have fairly oily skin, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I sometimes forget I'm wearing it, and later in the day I'll get a whiff of something that smells really good, only to realize that I'm smelling myself! When I embrace someone they always say: "Wow! You smell really good. What is that?, " or "you smell really clean, and sweet." I even had one friend say "you smell like melting candy. Its making me horny." WTF?! ( that was awkward, considering that was coming from my best friends wife)

I like that fact that the scent isn't a loud one. (Well it is pretty strong the first time you spritz) The scent sticks close to the skin, as scents should in my opinion. I am not a fan of scents the appear in the room before you do, or that linger once you're gone.

So! If you like citrus, this is the juice for you. If you don't. You won't!

OH! I have found that if I shower with the Arancia di Capri shower gel and then spritz, it lasts even longer than the 8-9 hours I get. Especially during the summer months. Granted I spritz 4 times in the cool/cold months: both sides of the neck, the back of the neck, and my chest. In the summer I have found that 3 spritzes is sufficient.

03 January, 2013 (Last Edited: 09 February, 2013)

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

Doesn't quite work on my skin.
    The opening is certainly very citrus-y and orange-y. I also get something like a peach note, very briefly. It is crisp and invigorating, though a bit like orange soda (as others have noticed) or an orange creamsicle.
    Then the scent picks up a simple, slightly sour musk note. At times it reminds me of a green cantaloupe. I don't care for it.
    There is also a green-leaf note which appears intermittently (the mate leaf). And then there is the caramel note -- not a big player here, but for me it lurks in the background.
    The whole thing seems like a jumble to me.

06 August, 2012

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

This is placed in the range of fragrances i love to wear at morning in south of Italy at the beginning of the summer when a bit of wind blows on your face and you are projecting your glance towards the crisp sea and beyond  the horizon. On my skin the initial blast of bitter orange-mandarin, crisp grapefruit and aromatic leaves is intoxicating and highly mediterranean. The bitter and aromatic greens are surprising and smell like leaves of orange and lemon rubbed on the hands. The botanic feel is supported by  woods and bergamot which turns out a sort of traditional smell of cologne. The smell retains a touch of ozone, an airy and fruity dimension with its silvan petit grain,  a slightly prickly (cardamom) aqueous feel, may be an hint of ginger and ends towards a very pleasant mossy base . The chord of cardamom and vetiver keeps on a certain level of dusty virility waving in the fruity water. I don't smell any caramel, just an orangy-mossy and musky denser  dry down. The smell is very natural in my opinion, the synthetic feel is under control and the longevity, together with projection are at least on my skin higher than the average despite what some reviewer said. Not bad at all.

17 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 22 November, 2011)

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri, like many others in this line, has captured the exotic Summery-ness of far-away lands through the use of citrus and oceanic undertones.

While I do like this fragrance, the continuous use of citrus in so-called essential Summer scents does get boring at times.

Opening with sour lemon, juicy orange and sharp grapefruit, Arancia di Capri has that all-too-familiar acidic juice smell, that while refreshing, never seems to interest me.

The citrusy quality is a definite mood-lifter, however it often brings me down due to its inability to agree with my skin chemistry. Arancia di Capri unfortunately was not made for me. I have similar issues with Fico di Amalfi, D&G Light Blue and Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien.

On any other person I would probably like this fragrance, especially if the orange decides to dominate over the sharp grapefruit note. I didn't pick up the caramel on my skin, however once again it may shine on another's chemistry.

I wanted this fragrance to develop some more, yet unfortunately the lasting power was quite weak. I have noticed that many others experience the same problem.

It may be a unisex scent, but I see it as more of a feminine fragrance due to its slight sugary-ness. On the right person, in the most idealistic Summer weather, preferably humid, Arancia di Capri is most recommended.

14 November, 2011

KillerScent's avatar
    KillerScent

What a waste of money .And the worst thing is that this is EXPENSIVE
    Yes, at first splash you get a great orange/mandarin hit ... and no more .After an hour you smell nothing .
    This fragrance has one of the POOREST LONGEVITY I have tested .And the same to the projection : absent .
    If you want to smell good orange fragrances try Hermés

06 August, 2011