Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri (1999)
by Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri information

Year of Launch1999

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchAcqua di Parma

About Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri

Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 1999

Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri fragrance notes

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri

Plato Show all reviews
An uplifting citrus. For me, the petitgrain nimbly counterbalances the sweetness of the orange and caramel so that it does not become gourmand on my skin.
20th August, 2015
Fitting very much in the Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo formula of "single note from a single region of Italy," Arancia di Capri is very much focused on the orange, again paired with a typical musk base. I cannot detect some of the other notes listed, except perhaps the bergamot, as as the opening / top is not so strictly a sweet orange, but also something a bit deeper and more bitter, and if only it that respect, it does have some balance, but on the whole, it's a bit too much orange for me without something at least equally as (if not more) interesting to pair it with.

I find the projection to be less than most ADPs, with the longevity about the same. Definitely ideal for casual usage, mainly on warm weather days. In general, not enough here to make me want to buy it--I'm not an authority on orange fragrances, but I imagine there has to be a cheaper near-equivalent. Nonetheless a pleasant, soft, mostly sweet orange scent.

6 out of 10
15th June, 2015
I was kind of so so about Colonia Essenza so I thought I'd spray this to try that bright blast of juicy orange everyone was talking about.

I didn't realize I'd be spraying orange hair spray that soon becomes just hair spray on my wrist.

04th June, 2015
This is gorgeous. My last experience with a Blu scent was not so good (it gave me migraines). Attracted by the nice blue bottles, I tried again, supported by my boyfriends 11-year old twins. We quickly singled out this one as the yummiest, freshest orange and orange lemonade scent. Straightforward, relatively cheap, singular and simple but uplifting scent. Jollier and spritzier than Atelier Cologne, Orange Sanguine, less sophisticated than Malle's Bitter orange scent, Bigarade Concentree.
21st August, 2014
This is a delightful, juicy orange scent. Opens with green, herbaceous petitgrain and a slightly bitter orange note. After about a half hour, the petitgrain fades and I start to pick up on some caramel in the background. It's sweet, but not sugary, and I don't notice any development after the caramel and musk come through. Personally, that doesn't bother me, as I really love the orange/caramel/musk. Reminds me of mandarin oranges. I also love the combination of orange and cardamom, so it's a bit disappointing that I can't pick up on any cardamom.

I have to give it a neutral rating though, because the longevity is just not there. For the amount that Acqua di Parma charges, I shouldn't have to glue my nose to my wrist to get a whiff so soon after applying.
09th July, 2014
Smells great - for about 10 minutes

This juice smells like orange sweets. To me it seems like an artificial juicy citrus scent that smells good enough to eat and makes you immediately think of glorious sunshine. Right after this sweet candy orange comes a cool and airy green tea sort of vibe that makes the orange smell even more delicious.

However this range is definitely not the cheapest and for the price you are expected to pay the longevity is frankly laughable. Unfortunately this seems to be a problem throughout the entire BLU range, and arancia di capri is no different. After a heavy application of this I can't smell it on my skin or clothes after 45 minutes, by the time I have arrived at work it has already gone. It just evaporates, there is no base note to speak of. Shame.

Pros: the smell of summer sunshine
Cons: has the lifespan of a gnat</p>
14th June, 2013 (last edited: 15th October, 2014)

Add your review of Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri products online

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri

Member images of Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri

There are no member images of Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange / Arancia Di Capri yet. Why not be the first?