Beautiful Sheer (2003)
    by Estée Lauder

Reviews of Beautiful Sheer

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

frogsnsnails's avatar
    frogsnsnails

Tommy Girl all the way. Just a bit lighter and fresher.

As a sidenote---Acqua di Biella's Cashmere Twill smells somewhat similar to this as well.

04 March, 2012

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Prior to testing this fragrance I was almost certain that the sheer version of Beautiful would smell just like the original only lighter, like an EDT. I was wrong.

Beautiful Sheer is like a fresh burst of youth and femininity. Although I quite liked the original Beautiful, this perfume seems to appeal to me more due to my young age. I would recommend this fragrance for Spring and Summer months, as it is light, fresh and non-cloying. The fruity and floral notes in this fragrance have been perfectly blended creating something that is both pleasant and versatile. It would be difficult to find anyone that found this fragrance offensive.

I don't think it was Estee Lauder's intention for this fragrance to be considered a masterpiece, which it definitely isn't. However, I consider it a fragrance that captures many desirable elements, such as being fresh, clean and inoffensive. I believe that every woman should have at least one fragrance in their wardrobe that is pretty, casual and refreshing like Beautiful Sheer. It could quite easily become a signature scent or a fragrance that you turn to when you can't decide what else to wear.

26 April, 2011

naomi13angel's avatar
    naomi13angel

I really like this one although I'm not sure I like it on me, I smell pear, rose and tobacco in this, it is fresh and long lasting and will always be a head turner. I just dont think the frag suits me personally, and I found this out after buying a 75ml bottle, such is life !

23 January, 2009

hester's avatar
    hester
    South Africa South Africa

Yikes! Wet floral? Maybe just at first; I get, in rapid succession: Tommy Girl (a personal perfume hate) doused with rose water, then a few minutes of powerful (and pleasant in a way) rose-scented honey, and then what seems set to be a long, long pure honey phase. Thankfully the Tommy Girl has faded, but the honey part left over is not much less gaggy for me. Nothing even vaguely reminiscent of the original Beautiful (which, whether you like it or not, is a very well-crafted, personality-filled thing), and nothing much sheer about it either. I am going to have to scrub soon.

12 May, 2008

margi's avatar
    margi
    England England

I loved cedriceccentrics ver eloquent review as it says exactly what I feel about this fragrance. It was a gift, and not one of my personal favourites, but I recieve more compliments for this than any other fragrance. I dislike that it is a 'high street' frag, and I prefer the niche/cult type brands rather than smell like millions of others, however I do look forward to wearing this on occasion. Much lighter and less obvious than original Beautiful, but still has great longevity. Ideal for any occasion

04 April, 2007