Best of UDV (2004)

Year of Launch2004

HouseUlric de Varens
Parent CompanyUlric de Varens

About Best of UDV

Best of UDV is a masculine fragrance by Ulric de Varens. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Best of UDV

Not the Best by any means

A citric opening followed by a sweet semi-floral musky drydown.

Not particularly good, but what do you expect for a drugstore cologne anyway?

Not disgusting either, so I am pretty neutral about this scent.

It gets 3 star from me because it is very inexpensive making it a somewhat good quality/price ratio perfume.

Pros: Fresh, outdoorsy
Cons: Low sillage and longevity"

07th August, 2013

It is hard to pin point this frag initially. Low sillage and longevity that is borderline non-existent. So I did what I do when I run into such a frag: I spray a small room with it and shut the door, then I come back several minutes later.

What I got: a weak Hugo Boss XY, with some di Gio and Diesel Fuel for Life hanging out in there. This would have faired better if it wasn't named 'Best Of', especially since this is NOT the best of UDV. Thumbs down, yes. but not a bad bathroom spray.
16 October 2010

I have reconsidered and now give it a neutral. Not for hot weather use.
16th October, 2010 (last edited: 24th October, 2010)
A drugstore-focused fragrance company that churns out a confusing number of lines, perfumes selling in the € 9-15 Euro range. I got my three bottles for a Euro each on ebay out of sheer curiosity, as Jean Claude Ellena did a lot of work for Varens. "Best of" is already discontinued (embarassing, considering the name) , which is a good thing for Diesel, because the top of this smells a whole lot like the juicy-fruity-citrus opening of Fuel for Life men (a good designer scent which gets an exaggerated e 4 star rating from Luca Turin). It peters out into a rather bland fabric softener kind of thing I don't want even close to my skin. Not really good except for the first five minutes, but you could spend a whole lot more money for this with a designer label slapped on.
01st June, 2008

Add your review of Best of UDV

Shop for Best of UDV products online

Search Amazon for Best of UDV

Member images of Best of UDV

There are no member images of Best of UDV yet. Why not be the first?