Youth Dew Amber Nude (2005)
by Estée Lauder

PerfumerChristophe Laudamiel
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Youth Dew Amber Nude

An update of Youth Dew, overseen by Tom Ford.

Youth Dew Amber Nude fragrance notes

Reviews of Youth Dew Amber Nude

As a guy, I think this is the most incredible, most beautiful "women's" perfume that I have ever smelled. Ever, ever, ever! Granted, I haven't smelled everything, but I would wear this myself. This is a masterpiece. I've never had ANY scent develop so beautifully on skin. I gotta find more of this stuff!
22nd April, 2017
It all began with Dan's 1925 oriental, Tabu. A number of houses made their own copies under different names, among them Lelong and Tuvache. The most successful copy was Lauder's 1952, Youth Dew.

For comparison I sprayed one wrist with Youth Dew and the other with Tom Ford's reformulation, Youth Dew Amber Nude. The latter is much drier, less opulent than the original. It is darker, in the Rochas Femme mode, and more gourmand. The dark cocoa and amber combination make it modern. The original Youth Dew formula lurks in the background, but does not step forward (as does the original Angel in all its flankers).

Tasteful, much, much lighter than the original, perfectly decent scent, but it does not rock my boat.
21st November, 2015
It's sad that this was just a limited edition flanker...it truly deserves to be on the shelves permanently.

YDAN is to Youth Dew what No.5 Eau Premiere is to No.5. All the weight of the original has been removed, and replaced with zesty, almost gingered notes of aldehydes and musks. To be clear - if you don't like the original Youth Dew, chances are you won't like this either. However, if you found the original to be difficult to wear, dated, etc., this is worth a shot.

Funny thing is, I don't really catch any prominent amber note. I think they should have left the name as Youth Dew Nude and it would have been far more representational of the composition. Either way, beautiful stuff - grab it while you still can.
27th May, 2015
Man, this is one beautiful fragrance! From the first whiff I'm transported into a yummy trance. I keep sniffing my wrists and clothes! I'm not experienced enough to talk tech, but I'll try to give my opinion. I never liked spicy fragrances like Cinnabar and even Youth Dew before. I couldn't deal with them but that was years ago. Even the powerhouses like Guerlain's Mitsouko and Shalimar put me off. Lately, though, I 'get' them. YDAN is one that I 'get', and it's glorious. The trick for me with these rich fragrances is applying behind my knees and wrists and well away from my nose. Then I let it waft up and can appreciate its beauty. The tea, grapefruit, and spice creates an intoxicatingly beautiful opening. It puts a smile on my face and I enjoy it right through the floral notes to the gorgeous amber base. This is one of those heavy-hitters like Giorgio that I only wear at home. On my days off I can enjoy myself without offending anyone. I'm not saying that it should only be worn at home, but that's the way I enjoy it and can apply as much as I want. I may even give Youth Dew another try. I wouldn't describe this as dated, or Shalimar would have to be thrown into that category imo. YDAN holds its own. It was a blind buy and is one of my must-have winter staples. Love it.
10th January, 2015 (last edited: 18th January, 2015)
A fantastic opening of peachy aldehydes opens up into a deep mix of sweet fruity resins with just a hint of old-school vinegar and shades of a galbanum chypre, but eventually settles into just that sweet fruity resin smell, which hums along quietly all day. I'd be hard pressed to call this "amber", and it's fairly weak (it's repeatedly taken rather heavy applications to get much out of this), and it's quite linear after the opening theatrics, but it's still pleasant enough (and the opening really is quite tremendous) to warrant a thumbs up.
15th March, 2013
The original Youth Dew, together with Cinnabar, Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue and few others constitute the exclusive club of the top feminine luxurious classic potions. This reorchestrated flanker is another classy oriental gem and in my opinion one the best concoctions ever created. An updated Youth Dew in which the modernity continues to be substantially faithful at the tradition. Almost all the baroque, spicy, aldehydic (but far less pronounced) and exotic complexity is still here indeed ( we have an ambery, waxy and ripe cinnamon over a base made of floral notes (vaguely dry and baroque), honey, patchouli, smoke and dark chocolate) but whereas the original is utterly earthy/spicy, forbidding, mysterious, deliberately retro and potpourri, Amber Nude is (still mellow but) smoother, cleaner, highly ambery and more velvety (but still spicy/dusty and enigmatic though in a modern way). Yes, less pronounced on the Classic Youth Dew's mustiness and the Cinnabar's spiciness but a more contemporary blend of the aforementioned masterpieces' quality plus the cool more modern touch by Tom Ford.
07th December, 2012 (last edited: 09th November, 2013)

Add your review of Youth Dew Amber Nude

Shop for Youth Dew Amber Nude products online

ESTEE LAUDER YOUTH-DEW AMBER NUDE (5ML) EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY PERFUME SAMPLE

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 8:42:33 PST
Buy It Now for only: $12.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

YOUTH DEW AMBER NUDE TOM FORD & ESTEE LAUDER COLLECTION EDP 75ml, VERY RARE, NEW

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 17:15:37 PST
Buy It Now for only: $179.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

YOUTH DEW AMBER NUDE BY ESTEE LAUDER 4 PIECE SET (SEE PICTURE)

End Date: Saturday Feb-23-2019 11:37:52 PST

Estee Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude 1 FL. OZ. New in Box

End Date: Saturday Mar-9-2019 13:41:08 PST
Buy It Now for only: $85.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Youth Dew Amber Nude Tom Ford Estee Lauder Collection eau de parfume spray 2.5oz

End Date: Sunday Mar-10-2019 18:29:37 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $63.99

Member images of Youth Dew Amber Nude

There are no member images of Youth Dew Amber Nude yet. Why not be the first?