Liz Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Liz

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

Red Theodora's avatar
    Red Theodora

Reading the reviews written here I think many people are getting "Liz" ( launched in 2005) confused with the old "Liz Claiborne" (launched in 1986). They are two totally distinct and separate fragrances.
    The old Liz Claiborne is one of the big eighties "uber-florals". Liz (from 2005) is a sweet and snappy scent with a crisp citrus top and a pleasently woody pink peppercorn ( along with amber and vanilla) base. It always reminds me of freshly brewed "Constant Comment" tea. A comforting scent, but perky as well.

14 May, 2011

Weimar27's avatar
    Weimar27

I like the lovely opening of sweet peonies
    with an air of mimose with ripe fruity
    pear and watery melon it's fleets from my nose and turns to a dry and sour scent of Red Pepper Caught me off which it was a bit repulsive the other notes likes magnolia honeysuckle hyacinth heliotrope
    are hard to detect but i do smell amber
    faint dose of it.

this has an similar concept with Cerruti
    Image Woman when i first sprayed onto
    my skin it was a nice citrus a few seconds later it turned to stench of manure the suede note is responsible for that Liz turns sweet then it turns sour
    the next it's not a bland plain fragrance it's quite interesting but i wouldn't buy it because of the pepper drydown.

13 December, 2010

Perfume_Addict's avatar
    Perfume_Addict

I'm really perplexed by the other two reviews posted - the both seem to be for the original Liz Claiborne fragrances, a sharp aldehydic floral. "Liz" on the other hand is an aquatic melon-fruity scent. Not much like the original IMO. I added this to my wardrobe because on testing it had a fairly long-lasting pleasant drydown, and already received a compliment on it today (my first wearing).

17 December, 2007

djgirl1976's avatar
    djgirl1976

Well, I have to agree-nostalgia is fine, but what perplexes me is that I actually know someone who still wears this. "After more than 20 years you have not found another scent that better suits you?!?" This was the first perfume I ever owned. In a red triangle bottle that came with a bonus purse spray and lotion that never got used, I was proud at 12 or 13. Now that I have a forty-ish friend who still wears the stuff, I am thankful I have a need for change in my life and only fond memories of spraying this stuff on my Outback Red sweaters...

04 April, 2006

AlthaeaSoaps's avatar
    AlthaeaSoaps

Back when I was in high school, this is what all the cool girls were wearing. Walking through the hallways was like wading through alternating waves of Polo and Liz, with the occasional, relative relief of a hit of Giorgio Red. I own this scent mostly because it brings back memories of old times...I don't really wear it and never have. Even when it was the "cool" thing, I was in my White Linen phase and it didn't impress me. If this perfume were a color, it would be pink and yellow plaid. If it were a voice, it would be squeaky.

19 February, 2006