Vanille Exquise (2004)

Based on 69 ratings

Vanille Exquise Fragrance notes

Vanilla, Angelica, Almond, Benzoin, White Musk, Sandalwood, Gaïac Wood

Vanille Exquise information

Vanille Exquise is a women's fragrance by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2004

Shop for Vanille Exquise products online

$131.39*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 84.00)
    $131.39*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 84.00)

Reviews of Vanille Exquise

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

Practically Perfect's avatar

Warm, cosy and unchallenging. A good spritz for office wear. Yes, I get the plasticky note others mention but not a problem unless I'm looking for it. Nothing difficult about this frag. Easy to wear and often complimented. A good everyday addition to my wardrobe - although I'm pleased I purchased on eBay and didn't pay full price...

13th November, 2014 (Last Edited: 27th November, 2014)

I think that Vanille Exquise is very well named: It is an beautiful rendition of vanilla – a slightly burnt version of a rich, mostly dry vanilla. “Sweetness” is not the keyword for this fragrance… “delicacy” would be the better description. It is certainly not a solo vanilla… it is quite well adorned with other light, delicate notes: I can clearly identify the almond; I willingly accept that there is benzoin partnering with the vanilla; there’s a believably probable white musk / sandalwood accord in the mixture; and, although I can’t specifically pick them out of the accord, I can believe that there is a touch angelica and gaïac providing even more lightness, airiness, and delicacy to the non-powdery vanilla accord.

Vanille Exquise is a sophisticated fragrance… full, complex, and delicate. On my skin it has appropriately limited projection; and it has excellent longevity, especially as an exquisite skin scent.

04th July, 2014

timothybcat's avatar

It's unfortunate for me that something about my skin keeps the woods or musk in this frag from developing. To me, it is a gourmand, and like another reviewer wrote, it consists of vanilla extract mixed with a bit of almond extract. It kills me that my individual chemistry doesn't allow the edge of benzoin or dryness of the woods to come forth. It's not a cheap generic vanilla, but on me it just doesn't work.

05th November, 2012

Sniffmonkey's avatar

This starts like a rich vanilla ice cream with a hint of coconut ice. It's a little too cloying for me at this stage. It dries to a woodier vanilla which I like very much, but it wears too close to the skin for me to be tempted to buy a full bottle.

09th October, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Pure, grown-up vanilla with a slight boozy tang, that has a muddle of milky wood-spice in the middle, a bit Lutenesque. My main problem is getting it to project as far as my nose – it’s there alright just hovering a bit too close to the skin.

30th July, 2012

jbr's avatar

Vanilla and almond... thinking of marzipan? Here - not quite. I wouldn't exactly say that this is a dry rendition of vanilla (at least not more than relatively), but it's definitely not the out-and-out gourmand that many were probably expecting it to be. My first impression was, for just a few moments, something along the lines of suntan lotion, but I soon realized that it was more complex and luxurious than that - what it really brings to mind is some kind of nice, fragrant moisturizer or other bath and body preparation. The vanilla and almond, which are noticeable almost immediately and stay throughout the life of the fragrance on my skin, have a gentle, milky creaminess that actually dovetails quite nicely with the official Annick Goutal PR which makes mention of Vanille Exquise as being inspired by Cleopatra's milk baths. I don't perceive this fragrance as being very powdery, nor do I really actively sense any of the other listed notes - to me, Vanille Exquise is really all about that lovely vanilla-almond accord. With temperate sillage and a comfortable level of sweetness, Vanille Exquise is a good candidate for a warm-weather (and year-round) vanilla, and is worthy of attention both from avid vanilla fans and anyone looking for a not-quite gourmand take on the genre.

06th June, 2012

Add your review of Vanille Exquise

Search for on eBay United States

Lot of 2 pc Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise edt Women sample vials
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 26 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise 3.4oz Women's Eau de Toilette