Vanille Exquise (2004)

Based on 69 ratings

Vanille Exquise Fragrance notes

Vanilla, Angelica, Almond, Benzoin, White Musk, Sandalwood, Gaïac Wood

Vanille Exquise information

Vanille Exquise is a women's fragrance by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2004

Shop for Vanille Exquise products online

$131.39*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 84.00)
    $131.39*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 84.00)

Reviews of Vanille Exquise

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.

rbaker's avatar

Yes, the name of the game is vanilla galore, but neither too heavy, top sweet nor cloying. Almond hints and a distinctly nutty undertone give it a mice twist, and a wood base, mainly gaïac, and a white musk note round it off. Not sensational, this is an elegant vanilla scent; the name is very appropriate.

I get decent sillage and projection, with a less than expected longevity of four hours. 3.25/5

06th January, 2015

Practically Perfect's avatar

Warm, cosy and unchallenging. A good spritz for office wear. Yes, I get the plasticky note others mention but not a problem unless I'm looking for it. Nothing difficult about this frag. Easy to wear and often complimented. A good everyday addition to my wardrobe - although I'm pleased I purchased on eBay and didn't pay full price...

13th November, 2014 (Last Edited: 27th November, 2014)

I think that Vanille Exquise is very well named: It is an beautiful rendition of vanilla – a slightly burnt version of a rich, mostly dry vanilla. “Sweetness” is not the keyword for this fragrance… “delicacy” would be the better description. It is certainly not a solo vanilla… it is quite well adorned with other light, delicate notes: I can clearly identify the almond; I willingly accept that there is benzoin partnering with the vanilla; there’s a believably probable white musk / sandalwood accord in the mixture; and, although I can’t specifically pick them out of the accord, I can believe that there is a touch angelica and gaïac providing even more lightness, airiness, and delicacy to the non-powdery vanilla accord.

Vanille Exquise is a sophisticated fragrance… full, complex, and delicate. On my skin it has appropriately limited projection; and it has excellent longevity, especially as an exquisite skin scent.

04th July, 2014

timothybcat's avatar

It's unfortunate for me that something about my skin keeps the woods or musk in this frag from developing. To me, it is a gourmand, and like another reviewer wrote, it consists of vanilla extract mixed with a bit of almond extract. It kills me that my individual chemistry doesn't allow the edge of benzoin or dryness of the woods to come forth. It's not a cheap generic vanilla, but on me it just doesn't work.

05th November, 2012

Sniffmonkey's avatar

This starts like a rich vanilla ice cream with a hint of coconut ice. It's a little too cloying for me at this stage. It dries to a woodier vanilla which I like very much, but it wears too close to the skin for me to be tempted to buy a full bottle.

09th October, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Pure, grown-up vanilla with a slight boozy tang, that has a muddle of milky wood-spice in the middle, a bit Lutenesque. My main problem is getting it to project as far as my nose – it’s there alright just hovering a bit too close to the skin.

30th July, 2012

Add your review of Vanille Exquise

Search for on eBay United States

Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise for Women Perfume Vials - 25 PACK, New
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left:
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Lot of 2 pc Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise edt Women sample vials
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 25 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)