White Patchouli (2008)
    by Tom Ford

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 163 ratings

White Patchouli information

White Patchouli is a women's fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2008

Shop for White Patchouli products online

100ml EdP
    100ml EdP

Reviews of White Patchouli

Showing 1 to 6 of 38 reviews.

deadidol's avatar

Itís definitely a patchouli, but itís patchouli that's ashamed to announce itself as such, instead stylized under a series of lens flares and glimmering white lights. It has a draped, gauzy feel thatís a tad powdery, and it creates an olfactory image of cream and tan textures and fabrics. Thereís a touch of rose peeking through, but barely enough to be identified as such. The overall feel is sort of a hazy, soft-focus, and dreamy kind of scent, but itís a bit let down by a miserable department store precooked bases. All in all, a polite balsamic thing over a textbook synth-sandalwood base. Unambitious in all possible ways, but a solid enough offering for someone wanting a light, non-Woodstock patch.

31st October, 2014

RUDOLFO512's avatar

White Patchouli is decadent. This fragrance just makes my senses go wild. Patchouli is my second favorite scent, the first is vetiver. This fragrance combines the patchouli with white flowers but in a way that is not to girly. It smells elegant and sophisticated. I think it should be classified as unisex. I wear it now and then and when I do, the compliments just keep coming.

18th September, 2014

Shifty Bat's avatar

This smells heartwarmingly close in composition to Strange Invisible Perfume's captivating Lyric Rain, but doesn't exude the same weary melancholy. It is a spicy, very natural patchouli supported by a touch of bright bergamot and a soft tea rose heart. There is also a spicy melange of an accord that comes off as 'white pepper potpourri.' An excellent and simple spiced white floral with decent longevity and quality ingredients.

24th June, 2014

Possum-Pie's avatar

Sharp white flowers and spicey patchouli

The patchouli isn't center stage. White flowers, sharp amber and spices balance out the earthy patchouli. There is a citrus floral sharpness here that I like.

24th July, 2013

lairdangus's avatar

Jasmine Patchouli HoneyRose

Serendipity! The best way to discover fragrances.

I went to the local Sephora to test another Tom Ford "women's" fragrance, Black Orchid. All that I had read about it suggested it might be a nice masculine summer scent. NO! All I got was overpowering Gardenia, the most feminine of all notes to my nose...but that's another story.

Right next to it was this beautiful bottle of White Patchouli. Not wanting to waste my trip, I spritzed a bit on both wrists...heavenly! Like ascending through the clouds to the gates of heaven. A lost scent from the Garden of Eden?

If only the promise of that opening had been kept all the way through the drydown. I imagined a rich, chocolaty, resinous drydown. Instead, it turned to...glue? Yes, that's it. Glue. Tragic, really. This was one that I wanted to love, but it is a shallow beauty.

Opening: Patchouli and Jasmine, two of my favorites. The patchouli is a relatively clean version, and the jasmine is subtle. There are some honey accords as well.

Middle: Patchouli, Jasmine, and...ROSE! Not the synthetic, freeze-dried "rose" of Black Oud, but a solitary yellow rose next to a still pond. I

Dry Down: Glue.

Projection and and Longevity are both very good.

Pros: wonderful opening notes
    Cons: gluey drydown"

09th July, 2013

Pinkpetal's avatar

LOVE ! It's white flowers in disguise. It starts off with a very strong pungent blast to my nose and is kind of sterile and medicinal. Then it started to remind me of rubber or plastic, (like the smell of a doll baby?) Now if you don't panic and scrub this off, you will encounter a really clean,sexy smell. And that's how it will stay pretty much for the rest of the day. White Patchouli has great longevity on me, but it's the clean musk/ floral part that stays, not the opening. I think I enjoy this fragrance so much because I wasn't expecting Patchouli or anything really. I am a novice (not sure if I can pick out patchouli in a frag) I keep returning to my sample of this fragrance and I really want a full bottle. I even like the opening a lot more as well. Fans of Narcisso Rodriguez for Her (the only other fragrance I've ever owned) will like this one I think, if they can get past the interesting opening, which I've come to enjoy as part of the package.

20th January, 2013

• Time Left: 3 days
    WHITE PATCHOULI BY TOM FORD 1.7 OZ EDP SPRAY FOR WOMEN NEW IN BOX
    • Time Left: 2 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    10PC Tom Ford Black Orchid,White Patchouli &Voile de Fleur EDP/EDT Spray Samples
    • Time Left: 10 days
    TOM FORD WHITE PATCHOULI EAU DE PARFUM ROLL-ON
    • Time Left: 2 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Tom Ford White Patchouli Womens 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray Perfume Perfumes 3 ml
    • Time Left: 4 days