White Patchouli (2008)
    by Tom Ford

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 163 ratings

White Patchouli information

White Patchouli is a women's fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by Givaudan

Shop for White Patchouli products online

$138.76*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 82.95)

Reviews of White Patchouli

Showing 1 to 6 of 35 reviews.

Possum-Pie's avatar

Sharp white flowers and spicey patchouli

The patchouli isn't center stage. White flowers, sharp amber and spices balance out the earthy patchouli. There is a citrus floral sharpness here that I like.

24 July, 2013

lairdangus's avatar

Jasmine Patchouli HoneyRose

Serendipity! The best way to discover fragrances.

I went to the local Sephora to test another Tom Ford "women's" fragrance, Black Orchid. All that I had read about it suggested it might be a nice masculine summer scent. NO! All I got was overpowering Gardenia, the most feminine of all notes to my nose...but that's another story.

Right next to it was this beautiful bottle of White Patchouli. Not wanting to waste my trip, I spritzed a bit on both wrists...heavenly! Like ascending through the clouds to the gates of heaven. A lost scent from the Garden of Eden?

If only the promise of that opening had been kept all the way through the drydown. I imagined a rich, chocolaty, resinous drydown. Instead, it turned to...glue? Yes, that's it. Glue. Tragic, really. This was one that I wanted to love, but it is a shallow beauty.

Opening: Patchouli and Jasmine, two of my favorites. The patchouli is a relatively clean version, and the jasmine is subtle. There are some honey accords as well.

Middle: Patchouli, Jasmine, and...ROSE! Not the synthetic, freeze-dried "rose" of Black Oud, but a solitary yellow rose next to a still pond. I

Dry Down: Glue.

Projection and and Longevity are both very good.

Pros: wonderful opening notes
    Cons: gluey drydown"

09 July, 2013

Pinkpetal's avatar

LOVE ! It's white flowers in disguise. It starts off with a very strong pungent blast to my nose and is kind of sterile and medicinal. Then it started to remind me of rubber or plastic, (like the smell of a doll baby?) Now if you don't panic and scrub this off, you will encounter a really clean,sexy smell. And that's how it will stay pretty much for the rest of the day. White Patchouli has great longevity on me, but it's the clean musk/ floral part that stays, not the opening. I think I enjoy this fragrance so much because I wasn't expecting Patchouli or anything really. I am a novice (not sure if I can pick out patchouli in a frag) I keep returning to my sample of this fragrance and I really want a full bottle. I even like the opening a lot more as well. Fans of Narcisso Rodriguez for Her (the only other fragrance I've ever owned) will like this one I think, if they can get past the interesting opening, which I've come to enjoy as part of the package.

20th January, 2013

naomi13angel's avatar

I love wearing this and to me I get a strong hit of ginger when i first apply it that dries down to spices, florals, herbs and who knows what else. I love the ginger element that does stay true for a good hour or so , its so hard to find a good ginger fragrance.

14 September, 2012

Darvant's avatar

The link of patchouli and bergamot with a touch of herbs and florals (especially rose) over an ambery base is  used to produce a sort of nobiliar, earthy, a bit angular and decadent vibe and i see that a touch of baroque decadence is even  performing in this ambery scent (above all at the beginning, despite derives in part from a touch of final incense placed in the base) although the smell is here not stuffy or vintage but substantially chic, rounded, synthetic and contemporary. I catch some similarities with Costume National 21 because of the White Patchouli's floral and spicy ambary-patchouli and its chic milky-soapy-synthetic whiteness. The ambrette seeds are a starring presence which exudes a sort of milky-nutty final vibe that is utterly nobilitated by an earthy and almost minty (coriander) patchouli. I catch the duo rose-peony in the air which is a bit wet, romantic and ethereal but slightly cool and fruity (a touch of ginger?).  The link of amber, aromatics, blond woods and white flowers imprints radiance and "whiteness" to the juice. A touch of honeyed incense closes the round and gives its contribute to the aromatic  and dusty air. The fragrance is pleasant and elegant but too much soapy (with a touch of detergent) to be located in the highest stages of the elegance.

29 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 29 May, 2014)

bemebe's avatar

I wanted to love this. It looked so good on paper. Sadly I didnt get much of the elements of patchouli I like, all I ended up with was a headache inducing scrubber. Morgaine in my opinion said it all really.

14 October, 2010

• 16 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    White Patchouli by Tom Ford eau de parfum 3.4 fl oz.
    • Time Left: 5 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    TOM FORD WHITE PATCHOULI Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 ml BRAND NEW UN-BOX AUTHENTIC
    • Time Left: 13 days
    TOM FORD WHITE PATCHOULI Perfume EDP 1.7 oz 50 ml Tester No Cap
    • Time Left: 11 days
    TOM FORD WHITE PATCHOULI 1.7 FL oz / 50 ML Eau De Parfum Spray Sealed Box
    • Time Left: 19 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    White Patchouli by Tom Ford eau de parfum 3.4 fl oz. SPRAYED ONCE!
    • Listing Type: Auction